Marvin Lewis and Dunlap

[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1292248230' post='950463']
Erm, ok... back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I agree with this 100%. I know it isn't popular, and TO does have big numbers. And I know 'they' say he doesn't take plays off.

And in my non-coaching mind, he just does something different than what I see other WR's do. He seems to half ass it sometimes. I think as an organization, it's better to have less talented guys that give 100% than freaks that half ass it.

Just my .02 - I'd rather go with what we have (less those two) and find some decent FA's who are hungry. And definitely a new WR coach.
[/quote]

I would love to ship out CHAD and TO, but if you dont have anything to replace them with it could be a terrible move. Everyone would agree that Gres and Ship are great for rookies, but neither guy is going to beat a double team or really scare defenses to gameplan around their play. We struggle enough already running the ball; can you imagine how hard it will be to run with no threats on the outside?

Chad - cut
TO - not resigned
Caldwell - not consistent enough to be counted upon
Cosby - hasnt shown much as WR - no size and average speed
Simpson - not intelligent enough to get on the field after three years
Shipley - great hands and great routes but needs help on the outside
Gresham - potential to be a stud but still learning
Coffman - still unknown
Kelly - extremely slow and probably nearing retirement

If we lose Chad and TO the scenario on offense is bad to worse. I hate the idea of having to use the second pick in the draft on Green.

[quote name='Sigfox09' timestamp='1292249083' post='950470']
I would love to ship out CHAD and TO, but if you dont have anything to replace them with it could be a terrible move. Everyone would agree that Gres and Ship are great for rookies, but neither guy is going to beat a double team or really scare defenses to gameplan around their play. We struggle enough already running the ball; can you imagine how hard it will be to run with no threats on the outside?

Chad - cut
TO - not resigned
Caldwell - not consistent enough to be counted upon
Cosby - hasnt shown much as WR - no size and average speed
Simpson - not intelligent enough to get on the field after three years
Shipley - great hands and great routes but needs help on the outside
Gresham - potential to be a stud but still learning
Coffman - still unknown
Kelly - extremely slow and probably nearing retirement

If we lose Chad and TO the scenario on offense is bad to worse. [b]I hate the idea of having to use the second pick in the draft on Green.[/b]
[/quote]

Why? All things considered, I think he makes the most sense.

There are a limited number of players worth taking that high. Green is certainly one of them, along with Luck, Peterson, Bowers, and Maybe Fairley.

Even if we assume that Carson is at fault for all of his INTs, and he is having an awful year, I have seen enough from him this year, and in previous years, that I'm not going to get rid of him now. And, as Go said, none of this team's problems will be solved drafting a rookie QB.

Peterson will be a stud. But if we manage to re-sign JoJo, CB is not a need. "Move Peterson to safety" I hear. Really? Make a rookie who has never played safety the highest paid safety in the NFL? No thanks.

As for Bowers, he is having an awesome year. But, this is also the first year he has been anything close to this type of player. He also has an injury history, and since Dunlap and Atkins have been playing more, our pass rush has improved substantially. So while Bowers is still on my list, he's not at the top of it.

As for Fairley, he's also something of a 1 year wonder. And, again, since Dunlap and Atkins have been playing more, our D-line has been a lot better. So, like Bowers, he's still on the list, but not at the top.

Green makes the most sense to me. WR is a need. TO and Chad won't be around much longer. Caldwell and Simpson haven't lived up to their draft position, and I'd hate to think either of these guys would be our #1. Green is widely considered one of the best WR prospects in the past several years. He has good size, speed, hands, body control, and is a great route runner. He has also produced consistently in each of his 3 years at Georgia.

Now, I wouldn't be upset with Bowers or Fairley, but Green tops my list.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1292211122' post='950405']
***sigh***

Go. We're 2 and 11. We all had high expectations this year and we've been kicked in the nuts every week for 10 straight weeks. People are going to point fingers and call for heads to roll. That's what happens when you're 2 and 11.

Everyone else. Try to understand that Go puts A LOT of time and money into this site. Every day he comes here and reads threads trashing everything about, and everyone involved with the team. It's kind of like people are shitting on his living room floor. So he calls them names and tells them to stop shitting on his floor.

Who's right? Everyone.

Who's wrong? Everyone.

As is almost always the case in football, most of our losses come down to a play or two. Not all of the coaches and players suck. Not all of them should be replaced, nor will they. That being said, I'm sure a lot of people will be replaced this offseason. Mike Brown is here until he dies, or gives up control, so bitching about him seems like a moot point.

I just wish everyone would chill out a little. Stop shitting on Go's floor, and Go, stop calling people names. We should all hopefully be able to keep it as enjoyable as possible here, and discuss the team without turning on each other. At least I hope so.

Carry on.
[/quote]

Great Post, Backer! I sometimes think that a lot of people that come on here only watch the Bengals play football, and don't watch any other team. This team is pressing with everybody trying to make the big play instead of just playing football and trusting each other. When you are doing that, it's hard to be successful. But nobody, and I do mean nobody, on this team has quit. I think that's what pisses Go off so much, is that some people never see anything good about this team, and try to talk down to people that do. Go barks a lot, but he doesn't ban people, even though I think there are a couple that need it!

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292212515' post='950425']

marvin is the best coach who is going to possibly step foot near this hellhole
[/quote]

So you're saying Marvin is going to be the Broncos new head coach?
Interesting...
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/39.gif[/img]
[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1292215819' post='950436']
I remember when everyone wanted to burn me at the stake because of my "bitching".

Now, there's enough on this site that I don't even enjoy contributing anymore.
[/quote]

You're just mad because folks are stealing your spotlight!
:lol:
[quote name='Cat' timestamp='1292248230' post='950463']
it's better to have less talented guys that give 100% than freaks that half ass it.

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more with this sentiment.

GoBengals, on 12 December 2010 - 10:55 PM, said:

___________________________________________________________________________________________

It's his hellhole. He created it. He's had 8 yrs to fucking work out the kinks. He hasn't. A not-so trained fucking bufoon can lead a team to 2 wins in a season.

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1292263214' post='950526']

___________________________________________________________________________________________

It's his hellhole. He created it. He's had 8 yrs to fucking work out the kinks. He hasn't. A not-so trained fucking bufoon can lead a team to 2 wins in a season.
[/quote]

I seriously doubt that you could lead them to 2 wins.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1292269119' post='950543']
[/quote]

Probably right Kenny, however I guarentee you I could stand on the sidelines and look like I just ate a pile of shit week after week like our beloved coach has done for years.

Hey don't worry. I'd hire you to carry my challenge flag so I wouldn't lose it.

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1292272866' post='950563']
Probably right Kenny, however I guarentee you I could stand on the sidelines and look like I just ate a pile of shit week after week like our beloved coach has done for years.

[/quote]
lol and would you replace that dumbass in the booth who advises him when to challenge ?

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1292272866' post='950563']

[/quote]

That probably wouldn't work good, considering I'd be wearing the "Fire Stevie" T-shirt! :thumbsup:

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1292257159' post='950495']
Great Post, Backer! I sometimes think that a lot of people that come on here only watch the Bengals play football, and don't watch any other team. This team is pressing with everybody trying to make the big play instead of just playing football and trusting each other. When you are doing that, it's hard to be successful. But nobody, and I do mean nobody, on this team has quit. I think that's what pisses Go off so much, is that some people never see anything good about this team, and try to talk down to people that do. Go barks a lot, but he doesn't ban people, even though I think there are a couple that need it!
[/quote]

I'll admit it, in good seasons, they are usually all I watch. I catch as much as I can, but life gets in the way. I'd say for me, it's 80-20 Bengals to other games. maybe I should get Sunday Ticket. :)

[quote name='Stevie Richards' timestamp='1292263214' post='950526']

[/quote]

Sorry man. He's talking the city and outside of Columbus, more people are leaving Ohio then coming here, so if your are a high caliber coach (Gruden, the chin, Belicheat) and have the pick of where you work, why on earth would you come here? Get real. Cincy wouldn't have a team if Brown (Paul not douche) wasn't so tied to Ohio.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1292269119' post='950543']
[/quote]

I don't know, the head coach shouldn't be accountable for jack according to some.

:ninja:

Sorry go: Found it funny in my drunken ass mind (as a side note, I'm still fine with Marvin staying. Just want him to get the power he wants).

[quote name='ccartman2' timestamp='1292304788' post='950702']

Sorry man. He's talking the city and outside of Columbus, more people are leaving Ohio then coming here, so if your are a high caliber coach (Gruden, the chin, Belicheat) and have the pick of where you work, why on earth would you come here? Get real. Cincy wouldn't have a team if Brown (Paul not douche) wasn't so tied to Ohio.

[/quote]

well if you want to get technical, Paul wanted to start a new franchise in Seattle, and it was Mike who convinced him to choose Cincinnati instead.

Archived