Marvin Lewis and Dunlap

Did anyone else hear the comment during the game about Marvin wishing he didnt have to play Dunlap so much?

So a guy shows big time promise and oh he doesnt need to play. That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard. The season is done so why does it matter how much he plays? As has been said before if not for injuries Dunlap probably wouldnt have seen many snaps this year. ML you are an idiot and please leave!

[quote name='soundstreamer' timestamp='1292203355' post='950306']
Did anyone else hear the comment during the game about Marvin wishing he didnt have to play Dunlap so much?

So a guy shows big time promise and oh he doesnt need to play. That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard. The season is done so why does it matter how much he plays? As has been said before if not for injuries Dunlap probably wouldnt have seen many snaps this year. ML you are an idiot and please leave!
[/quote]
I don't want Dunlap to be a 3 down lineman either. He is getting to the QB very well, just like Robert was when he was strictly a pass rusher. They converted Robert to a 3 down lineman, his knee bites the dust and he hasn't been the same.

They need to keep him to long second downs obvious passing third downs and a occasional first down. This guy has oodles of potential. Don't break his body down..especially in a lost season. Get guys that are good against the run like Fanene and Frostee and let Odom/Johnson and Dunlap rush on third down or second and long.

At least that's what I think Marvin is trying to say.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' timestamp='1292203929' post='950318']
I remember another comment about Gresham not playing because he was out this week and they played Reggie because the Steelers were 'tricky'. I can see wishing they didn't have to play a rookie as much.

If Marvin is worried about a player earning his time, why is Shipley playing?
[/quote]

nah they said Gresham was out because he didn't know the gameplan they had practiced all week.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1292203618' post='950310']
I don't want Dunlap to be a 3 down lineman either. He is getting to the QB very well, just like Robert was when he was strictly a pass rusher. They converted Robert to a 3 down lineman, his knee bites the dust and he hasn't been the same.

They need to keep him to long second downs obvious passing third downs and a occasional first down. This guy has oodles of potential. Don't break his body down..especially in a lost season. Get guys that are good against the run like Fanene and Frostee and let Odom/Johnson and Dunlap rush on third down or second and long.

At least that's what I think Marvin is trying to say.
[/quote]

Cant say for certain but I dont think Dunlap has been playing as a 3 down DE. I think Geathers and MJ have been on at least first down.

Still think he never would have got a shot if not for injuries.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1292203652' post='950311']
Dunlap is the best DE we have right now.
[/quote]

agreed...shit maybe best player on d......besides Leon.... I love this kid.....
fucking making plays all over the field.....

one of the few bright spots on D this year.... the kids... Dunlap, Atkins and Johnson.....
with Leon..JJ and these kids... I like the future... just get a middle LB...or outside if Rey is the middle......

[quote name='soundstreamer' timestamp='1292204120' post='950322']
Cant say for certain but I dont think Dunlap has been playing as a 3 down DE. I think Geathers and MJ have been on at least first down.

Still think he never would have got a shot if not for injuries.
[/quote]
You might be right. I remember Robert was at one end and MJ started at the other.

We haven't seen such a physical specimen on this line in a long while. Not too mention Geno Atkins who is coming along great. I just don't want to see them get hurt and have it cost them some time next year.

If it's production based or because he thinks Robert is a better option, he is nuts. I just think he doesn't want Dunlap to get hurt..or at least I hope.

[quote name='soundstreamer' timestamp='1292203355' post='950306']

So a guy shows big time promise and oh he doesnt need to play. That has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever heard. The season is done so why does it matter how much he plays? As has been said before if not for injuries Dunlap probably wouldnt have seen many snaps this year. [b] ML you are an idiot and please leave![/b]
[/quote]

this is why fans of this team are so fucking pathetic...

no one wants rookies to have to play lots of snaps, you dont think marvin is aware Dunlap is playing well? is enjoying him playing well? get fucking real...

are all fans so stupid as to take everything to the biggest out of context extreme all the time, everytime?

[quote name='bubba' timestamp='1292206041' post='950346']
how would you know that ?
[/quote]

seen them play?

been confused as to what the fuck they were doing on multiple plays a game?

PS: actually neither made any obvious mental errors THIS TIME... TO got tripped on that pick troy got or just stumbled out of the break... not his fault tho..

i cant imagine either of those assholes are here next year.. and i cant wait.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292206415' post='950351']
[b][color="#FF0000"]this is why fans of this team are so fucking pathetic...[/color][/b]

no one wants rookies to have to play lots of snaps, you dont think marvin is aware Dunlap is playing well? is enjoying him playing well? get fucking real...

are all fans so stupid as to take everything to the biggest out of context extreme all the time, everytime?
[/quote]
This shit right here is getting really fucking old.

If you hate the fans, which is everyone on this forum, so much, why don't you just fucking save the money and shut the place down.

This is a place we come to bitch about the team. That's what message boards are for. If you don't agree with it, fine, but don't go all bashing the entire fan base because you don't agree with it. 20 years of mediocre to terrible football makes fans hard to please.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292206415' post='950351']
this is why fans of this team are so fucking pathetic...

[/quote]

Oh the irony.... And while I don't agree with the first post's assessment of Marvin, at least he takes his frustrations out on people associated with the team instead of his fellow members.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1292206684' post='950356']

If you hate the fans, which is everyone on this forum, so much, why don't you just fucking save the money and shut the place down.

This is a place we come to bitch about the team. That's what message boards are for. If you don't agree with it, fine, but don't go all bashing the entire fan base because you don't agree with it. 20 years of mediocre to terrible football makes fans hard to please.
[/quote]

x2.

The bitching gets old too, and there are some here who are only here to blatantly bitch and cause trouble. However, many of us here just want to discuss football and its sad that the site owner is completely out of control.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1292206684' post='950356']

[/quote]

there are plenty of bengals forums for dumbfucks to go mindless bitch about shit that makes no fucking sense..

thats NOT what THIS place s for...

whats getting real fucking old is the non stop pissing and moaning all year... the team finally lost for a different reason other than the defense blowing complete ass and the oline sucking huge dicks... and everyone acts like the world is on fire...

the crybaby bullshit is fucking pathetic..

i cnat imagine a grown man acting this way...

what adult figures "hey. my team lost i should go piss and moan for fucking months on message boards...it doesnt have to make sense... anything makes sense when youre a dumb ass who just wants to BIIIIIITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH...."

brilliant

thats lots of fun

nothing more awesome to read than mindless idiotic bullshit..

apparently.. judging by the "good ol fans just venting"

the entire bengals organization is utter trash and worthless and shouldnt be anywhere near the nfl... except zimmer.. somehow he still gets a pass for his pathetic unit...and should be HC for sure... but everyone else.. no imaginary excuses there... they all blow... but hey.. zimemr is cool, right?

makes sense..

brilliant post....

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292206990' post='950361']
there are plenty of bengals forums for dumbfucks to go mindless bitch about shit that makes no fucking sense..

whats getting real fucking old is the non stop pissing and moaning all year... the team finally lost for a different reason other than the defense blowing complete ass and the oline sucking huge dicks... and everyone acts like the world is on fire...

what adult figures "hey. my team lost i should go piss and moan for fucking months on message boards...it doesnt have to make sense... anything makes sense when youre a dumb ass who just wants to BIIIIIITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH...."

brilliant

thats lots of fun

the entire bengals organization is utter trash and worthless and shouldnt be anywhere near the nfl... except zimmer.. somehow he still gets a pass for his pathetic unit...and should be HC for sure... but everyone else.. no imaginary excuses there... they all blow... but hey.. zimemr is cool, right?

makes sense..

brilliant post....
[/quote]

I agree with much of what you say here. That doesn't excuse your own personal behavior.

Go, you're out of control. You may not realize it, you may not care. That doesn't make it less true. In the end, its your site and you'll do what you want to do.

However, you've become no better than the posters you lash out against. And most times, you're worse.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1292207263' post='950364']
I agree with much of what you say here. That doesn't excuse your own personal behavior.

Go, you're out of control. You may not realize it, you may not care. That doesn't make it less true. In the end, its your site and you'll do what you want to do.

However, you've become no better than the posters you lash out against. And most times, you're worse.
[/quote]

I tend to agree.

Go its your board do whatever you want with it.

But you do have to see that if someone doesnt agree with you, particularly on the Brat and Marvin front, you do tend to attack posters personally and with lots of swearing and unnecessary comments.

We need to find a way to get back to the place that made this the best bengals board on the net, cause truthfully right now its in danger of losing that.

With that being said I probably wont leave until the sites shut down, but I would hope that doesnt happen. Hopefully this site can recover and get back to where it used to be.

I do feel for you though that you put together this site and arent getting paid or anything, but have to come here to deal with everyones bitching. But that doesnt necessarily give you the right to attack them and calling them fucking idiots and dumbfucks and everything.

But once again, do as you wish, it is your board.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292206990' post='950361']

brilliant

thats lots of fun

makes sense..

brilliant post....
[/quote]
I had a response typed out but I decided your joke of a post just speaks for itself

Archived