Marvin Lewis and Dunlap

[quote name='bubba' timestamp='1292207618' post='950368']
no longer the best damn bengals site on the net :machinegunyellow:
[/quote]
I think it's still the best despite Go going off the deep end

Probably has the most well informed posters and I like to be able to say fuck

Most other sites are just 14 year olds and stupid people. At least most people here can back up there crazy opinions from time to time. I don't think it's out of line to say Marvin doesn't deserve to be back. Not out of line either to say Marvin is crazy for not wanting to play Dunlap so much.

Still this whole personal attack thing and constant bashing of us as fans is out of hand so I may consider looking elsewhere.

LMMFAO!

10 losses in a row and someone wants to bitch about fans who "piss and moan for fucking months on message boards"?

Really?

Mutherfucker get a clue, we're going on three months without a win and have not looked like a complete football team all year. If you base everyone on your perception of being a fan, then that's on you. If you start a Bengals message board and DON'T expect pissing and moaning when the team is a fucking joke, then YOU need a reality check.

My life doesn't begin or end with a Bengals loss or win, but I sure as hell get frustrated watching them seemingly revert back to the 90's Bungledom.

I know, I know... you'll argue yet again that the 90's has nothing to do with now... but by 99% of the rest of the fans out there, YOU'RE WRONG!

As a fan since 19fucking68, I not only have the experience, but I have the RIGHT to call it like reality has it playing out.
This team is overall fucking EMBARRASSING with Mike Fucking Brown as the owner/GM. Color it any way you want, but remember that even if you spray paint a piece of shit with 24K gold flaked paint... it's still shit.

2005 and 2009 are the aberration, the norm is mediocrity at best and Keystone Fucking Cops as the usual form since 1991.

We suck and if you don't like to read the truth on a BENGALS MESSAGE BOARD, then fucking ban everyone and talk to yourself.

Child fucking please...

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1292208108' post='950375']
LMMFAO!

10 losses in a row and someone wants to bitch about fans who "piss and moan for fucking months on message boards"?

Really?

Mutherfucker get a clue, we're going on three months without a win and have not looked like a complete football team all year. If you base everyone on your perception of being a fan, then that's on you. If you start a Bengals message board and DON'T expect pissing and moaning when the team is a fucking joke, then YOU need a reality check.

My life doesn't begin or end with a Bengals loss or win, but I sure as hell get frustrated watching them seemingly revert back to the 90's Bungledom.

I know, I know... you'll argue yet again that the 90's has nothing to do with now... but by 99% of the rest of the fans out there, YOU'RE WRONG!

As a fan since 19fucking68, I not only have the experience, but I have the RIGHT to call it like reality has it playing out.
This team is overall fucking EMBARRASSING with Mike Fucking Brown as the owner/GM. Color it any way you want, but remember that even if you spray paint a piece of shit with 24K gold flaked paint... it's still shit.

2005 and 2009 are the aberration, the norm is mediocrity at best and Keystone Fucking Cops as the usual form since 1991.

We suck and if you don't like to read the truth on a BENGALS MESSAGE BOARD, then fucking ban everyone and talk to yourself.

Child fucking please...
[/quote]

you're not really helping...

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1292208108' post='950375']
LMMFAO!

Really?

Child fucking please...
[/quote]
^ This

how stupid can you be to throw a mini tantrum at your HC over something you heard an announcer say...

any "fan" taking some numbnuts announcers air filler to heart and firing at the HC is completely foolish and pathetic thought process...

it makes no sense.. there is no logic to describe it..

its simply foolish...

there is no arguing it...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292210633' post='950400']
how stupid can you be to throw a mini tantrum at your HC over something you heard an announcer say...

any "fan" taking some numbnuts announcers air filler to heart and firing at the HC is completely foolish and pathetic thought process...

its simply foolish...

[/quote]

You're probably right, but it's just a topic of conversation.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292210633' post='950400']

its simply foolish...

[/quote]

And if this were your initial response Id agree with you, and I do agree with you.

But when you respond like this

[quote]this is why fans of this team are so fucking pathetic...

no one wants rookies to have to play lots of snaps, you dont think marvin is aware Dunlap is playing well? is enjoying him playing well? get fucking real...

are all fans so stupid as to take everything to the biggest out of context extreme all the time, everytime?
[/quote]

It just makes it seem like you are attacking everyone on this board, and just ripping on all of the bengals fans.

Once again, not telling you what to do or anything, just saying why some people are upset with this site right now.

***sigh***

Go. We're 2 and 11. We all had high expectations this year and we've been kicked in the nuts every week for 10 straight weeks. People are going to point fingers and call for heads to roll. That's what happens when you're 2 and 11.

Everyone else. Try to understand that Go puts A LOT of time and money into this site. Every day he comes here and reads threads trashing everything about, and everyone involved with the team. It's kind of like people are shitting on his living room floor. So he calls them names and tells them to stop shitting on his floor.

Who's right? Everyone.

Who's wrong? Everyone.

As is almost always the case in football, most of our losses come down to a play or two. Not all of the coaches and players suck. Not all of them should be replaced, nor will they. That being said, I'm sure a lot of people will be replaced this offseason. Mike Brown is here until he dies, or gives up control, so bitching about him seems like a moot point.

I just wish everyone would chill out a little. Stop shitting on Go's floor, and Go, stop calling people names. We should all hopefully be able to keep it as enjoyable as possible here, and discuss the team without turning on each other. At least I hope so.

Carry on.

[quote name='CJandTO' timestamp='1292211018' post='950404']
And if this were your initial response Id agree with you, and I do agree with you.

But when you respond like this

It just makes it seem like you are attacking everyone on this board, and just ripping on all of the bengals fans.

Once again, not telling you what to do or anything, [b]just saying why some people are upset with this site right now.[/b]
[/quote]

There are also those that are just tired of mindless bitching (I one of them).

And I'm sorry for shitting on your floor Go, but if you'd just let me use that fancy new bathroom.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1292211122' post='950405']
***sigh***

Go. We're 2 and 11. We all had high expectations this year and we've been kicked in the nuts every week for 10 straight weeks. People are going to point fingers and call for heads to roll. That's what happens when you're 2 and 11.

[b]Everyone else. Try to understand that Go puts A LOT of time and money into this site. Every day he comes here and reads threads trashing everything about, and everyone involved with the team. It's kind of like people are shitting on his living room floor. So he calls them names and tells them to stop shitting on his floor.[/b]

Who's right? Everyone.

Who's wrong? Everyone.

As is almost always the case in football, most of our losses come down to a play or two. Not all of the coaches and players suck. Not all of them should be replaced, nor will they. That being said, I'm sure a lot of people will be replaced this offseason. Mike Brown is here until he dies, or gives up control, so bitching about him seems like a moot point.

I just wish everyone would chill out a little. Stop shitting on Go's floor, and Go, stop calling people names. We should all hopefully be able to keep it as enjoyable as possible here, and discuss the team without turning on each other. At least I hope so.

Carry on.
[/quote]

that still doesn't make it ok. :shrug:

I don't like the incessant bitching and trolling either, but as they say "two wrongs don't make a right."

I don't blame Go for being frustrated at some of the whining that goes on, but his posts make the problem worse, not better.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1292211122' post='950405']
***sigh***

Everyone else. Try to understand that Go puts A LOT of time and money into this site. Every day he comes here and reads threads trashing everything about, and everyone involved with the team. It's kind of like people are shitting on his living room floor. So he calls them names and tells them to stop shitting on his floor.

Who's right? Everyone.

Who's wrong? Everyone.

Carry on.
[/quote]

BB....the voice of reason, yet again.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1292211505' post='950410']
that still doesn't make it ok. :shrug:

I don't like the incessant bitching and trolling either, but as they say "two wrongs don't make a right."

I don't blame Go for being frustrated at some of the whining that goes on, but his posts make the problem worse, not better.
[/quote]

Didn't say that made it ok, or that two wrongs make a right. Just laid out what's happening as I see it, and I told Go to quit calling people names. ^_^

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1292211723' post='950415']
Didn't say that made it ok, or that two wrongs make a right. Just laid out what's happening as I see it, and I told Go to quit calling people names. ^_^
[/quote]

I dont see where people disagreeing with Go or bitching about this season is shitting on his floor at all.

i am actually regretting doing carpet in the living room having done wood floors in the kitchen and dining room, so the shitting on the living room floor actually gives me reason to tear that shit up and put wood all the way across...(actually im sure my children will have this carpet ruined within 9 months anyway, so i'll just change it next year i guess, nevermind)

but my apologies..

i will do my best to collect myself, and calmly and descriptively explain why someone is being a small minded nitwit and just simply, as they have just done, make an emotional crazy post about what, theyare in fact, completely insane and irrational...

at some point, in the last 3 months, i got tired of saying "hey, actually the world ISNT on fire, and EVERYONE SHOULDNT be shot and killed monday morning" and went to the irrational knee jerk reaction posts as everyone else...

dont see why everyone else gets to be psychotic and irrational but me.... not fair i say!

butthe problems are essentially the same for this team as they were week one..for a week or two maybe 3.. different problems caused the loss... but the issues are the same...

i cant grasp why fans find new reasons to completely meltdown, what were the expectations when the day started..

did half the board wake up and say "this is it, we are totally gonna go into the best defenses house, and spank that motherfuckin ass BITCH!"

thats the ONLY way i can understand being so emotionally unstable after the loss...

poor players are going to play poorly almost all the time..

good palyers are also going to play poorly some times...

only once have the two been remotely ok on the same days...(O and D) ....

the world didnt end today.. marvin is the best coach who is going to possibly step foot near this hellhole... and a rookie qb isnt the answer to anything this team is having problems with...

a collective step back from the general public and reviewing reality would be a good thing..

this isnt madden, you cant pluck whatever coach and players you want whenever you want... its a shit small market, a shit place to live, and a tem with a bad wrap...

list the reasons any coach wants to come here? not just HC but position coach or coordinator... zimmer was GONE until we gave him the bank to stay..that went GREAT...

First off I would just like to say that everyone can eat the corn out of my shit.

Second, USN Bengal, you fucked it up. It goes " you can polish a turd but it's still just a piece of shit"

There ya go.
MULLY
already unhitched my emotions from this season and am looking forward to next. Just want to enjoy the fact that I have Bengals football to watch for the next few weeks. Losing is better than nothing.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1292215819' post='950436']
I remember when everyone wanted to burn me at the stake because of my "bitching".

Now, there's enough on this site that I don't even enjoy contributing anymore.
[/quote]

i, too, enjoyed the days you were the only one bitching...

*wipes tear*

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292216107' post='950437']
i, too, enjoyed the days you were the only one bitching...

*wipes tear*
[/quote]
So I'm an asshole and so are you sometimes... still love this site. Lot's of input, some great and some not so great.

My venting is done, carry on... nothing to see here.

Erm, ok... back to our regularly scheduled programming...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1292206525' post='950354']
i cant imagine either of those assholes are here next year.. and i cant wait.
[/quote]

I agree with this 100%. I know it isn't popular, and TO does have big numbers. And I know 'they' say he doesn't take plays off.

And in my non-coaching mind, he just does something different than what I see other WR's do. He seems to half ass it sometimes. I think as an organization, it's better to have less talented guys that give 100% than freaks that half ass it.

Just my .02 - I'd rather go with what we have (less those two) and find some decent FA's who are hungry. And definitely a new WR coach.

Archived