Marvin Must Stay

If this has been being discussed since the bye week last year, when we were good, and Mike still hasn't made concessions to Marvin there is NO WAY Mike will make concessions now.

It sucks. Marvin asked for changes and Mike will most definitely say no. Mike will see it as a change, pleasing fans who want Marvin out. But replacing Marvin is only going to be done because no matter what, in Mike's mind, Mike's way is the best way.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1294009259' post='956538']
I'm not sure what's stupider in here. 1) the bus comment, or 2) that you think a practice facility will cost $15 million.
[/quote]

What land does the Brown family own that would make an adequate practice facility near PBS? Then how much do you think a frame supported or air supported structure would cost? Then how much do you think a budget strapped county is going charge for rent?

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1294018706' post='956651']
What land does the Brown family own that would make an adequate practice facility near PBS? Then how much do you think a frame supported or air supported structure would cost? Then how much do you think a budget strapped county is going charge for rent?
[/quote]

what does the county have to do with anything? Bengals would be buying land, or putting it one of the existing practice fields. Yes the county owns those, but rent won't change at all.

I've seen good practice bubbles go up for $1 million. Depends on the type of structure.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1294019226' post='956663']
what does the county have to do with anything? Bengals would be buying land, or putting it one of the existing practice fields. Yes the county owns those, but rent won't change at all.

I've seen good practice bubbles go up for $1 million. Depends on the type of structure.
[/quote]

So the bengals are just going to build on land they don't own and the county that has sued them forever over the lease is just going to let them? Right. There's no need to change the lease as far as operating costs and who's paying those costs? The county isn't going to push for more rent?

If they buy land it's going to cost them plenty.

It's going to be a long day of hitting the refresh button for news on Marvin... Sure hope he comes back. I'd much rather see him with structural changes to the organization than a rebuild with new coaches and the same structural limitations.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1294057839' post='956745']
It's going to be a long day of hitting the refresh button for news on Marvin... Sure hope he comes back. I'd much rather see him with structural changes to the organization than a rebuild with new coaches and the same structural limitations.
[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' timestamp='1294058686' post='956748']
Agreed.
[/quote]

From Adam Schefter's Twitter this morning...

[b]Those waiting to see what happens with Bengals and their HC will have to wait. It's supposed to take a few days before any decisons made.[/b]

I'm not sure that's anything new. I believe Marvin said he'll talk to Mike, then sleep on any consensus they come to...

I think we hear something sooner.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1294019743' post='956669']
So the bengals are just going to build on land they don't own and the county that has sued them forever over the lease is just going to let them? Right. There's no need to change the lease as far as operating costs and who's paying those costs? The county isn't going to push for more rent?

If they buy land it's going to cost them plenty.
[/quote]

When PBS was being built, Mike Brown had the option
of paying $1 million for a practice facility. He turned it down.

Anyway, Marvin said MB knows that he is going to have to build
a bubble, ecspecially with the 18 game schedule on the horizon.

While i dont think it is entirely Marvin's fault its time for him to pack his shit and get goin'. He has had 8 seasons to turn this thing around and was mediocre at best. Yes, they won the division last year and hosted a playoff game. So what. It was sandwiched by a combined 9-23 record this year and in 09'. Im not saying that he is an all-pro or will be anytime soon or ever for that matter, but what i have seen from him in the last two weeks of the season, suggest that Jerome Simpson's growth would have continue to be severely stunted by this coaching staff had we not have had a season like. The mere fact that Carlos Dunlap sat on the sidelines all season long and wasnt brought in sooner to bolster a lackluster D-line also suggests even more mismanaging of the players we have on this roster. I know w/ simpson, that wasn all marvin's fault either, as Mike Brown probably brought in Coles, Bryant, and Owens against marvin's will just has he did w/ Chris Henry(R.I.P.), but man, how do you not see that talent and how do you keep it off of the field for so long? It was mentioned by myself and some others on this board weeks ago to get Simpson and some of the others in there to see what we had in them. How do you not know that if you are running a professional team? That is the biggest reason why he needs to go, in my opinion.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1294059731' post='956756']
When PBS was being built, Mike Brown had the option
of paying $1 million for a practice facility. He turned it down.

Anyway, Marvin said MB knows that he is going to have to build
a bubble, ecspecially with the 18 game schedule on the horizon.
[/quote]

Yeah, 1181 made some comment on what I put down as cost. Don't know what his problem is.

From what I understand the county is on the hook for maintaining practice fields. I believe they agreed to put a grass field down in exchange of the turf field to avoid costly replacement.

So my point. From what I know the Bengals don't own land near PBS. So to acquire and build it's going to be costly.

The second point. The county isn't going to let you just rip up grass fields because they are on the hook to pay for them. Then throw a 2/3 million dollar structure down. That will have field turf without having discussions on who's paying for the installation of that field, who's maintaining and replacing the field. In addition, who's paying to secure the facility, who's paying the utilities and all the other bullshit. So those discussions are going to take place. Then it's going to call for a lease adjustment which you can bet the county is going to want to push for rent and also have the thing available to the public etc.

You just aren't going walk on land you currently lease and throw up a structure without going through those steps.

Slightly off topic, the bone that Mike can throw in there is county pay for practice bubble and I will hold my Training Camps downtown that will draw X amount of people in August.

Archived