Early guess at first round

1. Panthers - DT Nick Fairley, Auburn - Their DTs are garbage and you just don't take receivers with the 1st pick.
2. Broncos - DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson - Looks like they are switching back to a 4-3 defense so they will need another end to pair with Dumervil.
3. Bills - QB Cameron Newton, Auburn - They need a QB of the future and Newton fits exactly what Gailey likes at QB.
4. Bengals - WR A.J. Green, Georgia - Not the most ideal pick but BPA with the potential to be dominating.
5. Cardinals - CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska - Potential lockdown corner to shore up the defense.
6. Browns - OLB Robert Quinn, North Carolina - Elite pass rusher for their 3-4 defense.
7. 49ers - QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas - I think it's safe to say the 49ers will be in the market for a QB.
8. Titans - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU - Not necessarily a huge need (still a slight need) but it's hard to pass on him here.
9. Cowboys - DE Marcel Dareus, Alabama - Perfect fit at 3-4 end.
10. Redskins - WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State - Santana Moss has been their #1 receiver for too long.
11. Texans - WR Julio Jones, Alabama - They need a #2 to compliment Andre Johnson.
12. Vikings - QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri - Favre is going into a nursing home and Tavaris Jackson is a FA.
13. Lions - OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi - They've needed a left tackle for the last 20 years.
14. Rams - DE Aldon Smith, Missouri - Local guy and potential elite pass rusher.
15. Dolphins - QB Jake Locker, Washington - Henne is just not getting the job done in Miami.
16. Jaguars - DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue - 2nd fewest sacks in the NFL this season.
17. Patriots (from Raiders) - DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin - Perfect fit in their 3-4.
18. Chargers - DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State - See above.
19. Giants - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama - Bit of a surprise but they don't have many needs, Ingram is BPA and Jacobs is a FA.
20. Bucs - CB Janoris Jenkins, Florida - Barber is going to retire eventually...
21. Seahawks - CB Brandon Harris, Miami FL - Their secondary is horrible.
22. Chiefs - OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M - More pass rush for their 3-4.
23. Eagles - OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA - Perfect strong side linebacker.
24. Jets - DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa - Stud 3-4 end.
25. Colts - OT Tyron Smith, USC - Athletic left tackle to keep Manning upright.
26. Packers - OLB Justin Houston, Georgia - They have no pass rusher outside of Matthews.
27. Bears - OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College - Their o-line blows.
28. Ravens - CB Aaron Williams, Texas - They need some talent at corner.
29. Saints - DT Stephen Paea, Oregon State - Nose tackle to team with Ellis.
30. Steelers - OG Marcus Cannon, Texas Christian - Perfect fit for their line.
31. Falcons - OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin - They could use a little help on the line.
32. Patriots - OG Mike Pouncey, Florida - Mankins is a free agent.

33. Patriots (from Panthers) - WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame - Seems like a good fit.
34. Bengals - C/OG Steven Wisniewski, Penn State - Dude is a beast.

we'd be forced to take peterson, if for no other reason, on grade alone. it's not that we couldn't find good value out of him, but i feel it might force our hand a different way on JJ, essentially trading out a good CB for a good CB and getting less than maximum value out of a pick that's designed to level the playing field. then again, such a maneuver wouldn't be surprising, by any stretch of the imagination.... one step forward, two steps back.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1294612284' post='960461']
we'd be forced to take peterson, if for no other reason, on grade alone. it's not that we couldn't find good value out of him, but i feel it might force our hand a different way on JJ, essentially trading out a good CB for a good CB and getting less than maximum value out of a pick that's designed to level the playing field. then again, such a maneuver wouldn't be surprising, by any stretch of the imagination.... one step forward, two steps back.
[/quote]
Peterson is not as good as you think he is....

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1294624015' post='960517']
who do you think we'd select in that situation, with the top 3 already gone?
[/quote]
If the top 3 (assuming you mean Green, Fairley, Bowers) are gone I would go with Robert Quinn

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1294624609' post='960521']
If the top 3 (assuming you mean Green, Fairley, Bowers) are gone I would go with Robert Quinn
[/quote]

and how far down (at this stage) would you rate peterson....aside from team needs and talking value only?

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1294632778' post='960541']
and how far down (at this stage) would you rate peterson....aside from team needs and talking value only?
[/quote]
I'd say he's still top 10.

1. A.J. Green
2. Da'Quan Bowers
3. Nick Fairley
4. Cam Newton
5. Prince Amukamara
6. Patrick Peterson
7. Robert Quinn

I think Quinn ends up jumping him after combine, etc. Plus there is just not value in taking a corner/safety in the top 5.

Archived