[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1298044493' post='971381']
he's said he'll be on the sidelines. Said he has to be able to look his players in their eyes.
[/quote]

Yes, that's exactly what he said. However, it makes me wonder, just a little bit, on who they will put up in the press box to have that different perspective.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1298048308' post='971400']
What is the rule on both coordinators being on the sidelines? Is Zimmer a in the box guy? Has he ever coached from the box? Would it effect his ability to light a fire under his guys?
[/quote]

I don't think there is a rule. I know the browns had both on the sidelines last year.

I imagine someone on offense will be up in the box. Being up there let's you see the whole play develop and gives you a better feel for defensive tendencies. Jay will have someone up there for him, I'm sure.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1298055110' post='971509']
I'll never understand why this matters to fans...
[/quote]
I think some folks assume Brat's inability to make effective in-game adjustments was tied to his being in the booth, and not on the sidelines with his players..

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1298056211' post='971524']
Whatever he is comfortable with. Didn't someone post about this awhile ago that is wasn't much of an indicator of team success?
[/quote]

You [b]might[/b] have to pull the post up again but the stats show that an offensive coordinator who resides on the sidelines has a higher level of success than one who resides in the booth.

That goes for Head Coaches who make the calls for an OC (ie... Sean Payton)...

Archived