What the F...

Lucid

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300395571' post='977727']
I guess the wah-mbulance and baby apply to me?

That's OK if people look at me like that.

I look at myself more like Popeye.
I've had all I can stands ...you know the rest.
[/quote]

No one in general, and everyone in general.

Found these a while ago and was just waiting on the chance to use them...

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300395571' post='977727']
I guess the wah-mbulance and baby apply to me?

That's OK if people look at me like that.

I look at myself more like Popeye.
I've had all I can stands ...you know the rest.
[/quote]

See this is where I am coming from.. You are so poisoned by the constant fighting in this forum, that you no longer recognize a harmless playful jab...

[img]http://encefalus.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/joker.jpg[/img]

Why so serious?

Maybe you should try and stay out of this forum until you don't have quite so much on your plate... It sounds like life is throwing you some curves... Don't make yourself sick with stress you don't need.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300395843' post='977730']
See this is where I am coming from.. You are so poisoned by the constant fighting in this forum, that you no longer recognize a harmless playful jab...

Why so serious?
[/quote]

Damn! I shoulda said he was the red purse...

:ninja:

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300395601' post='977728']
Your choice.
[/quote]

My choice what? To not call you names?
Like that has ever stopped you.

When you do, and you will, you'll just justify it again.

Really it is your choice. It always has been. I told you
all of this before.You ran to Go and nothing changed.

I am just letting it be known that it is done. No more.
Continue all you want. Then watch what happens.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300395843' post='977730']

Why so serious?

Maybe you should try and stay out of this forum until you don't have quite so much on your plate... It sounds like life is throwing you some curves... Don't make yourself sick with stress you don't need.
[/quote]

It isn't just this forum. Hell, the thread that started THIS episode was in the Bengals forum.
Hell, some shit even carried over into PM.

But you're right. After being piled on, it is hard to tell what is a playful jab and what is more piling on.

Sorry.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300396176' post='977733']
My choice what? To not call you names?
Like that has ever stopped you.

When you do, and you will, you'll just justify it again.

Really it is your choice. It always has been. I told you
all of this before.You ran to Go and nothing changed.

I am just letting it be known that it is done. No more.
Continue all you want. Then watch what happens.
[/quote]

I've said my piece on it any threats you have to make don't concern me

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300393141' post='977702']
This is the exact shit I am talking about. [b]You cant never simply let things stand and then have a victim mentality when its done to you. [/b]

Well guess what? Your crocodile tears about how you get sooo picked on by me mean nothing to me then.
[/quote]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rRFMexiNIyo/TEqJF_3RhEI/AAAAAAAAAFI/GtpNEn3w9tY/s1600/pot_kettle_black.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1300402157' post='977761']
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rRFMexiNIyo/TEqJF_3RhEI/AAAAAAAAAFI/GtpNEn3w9tY/s1600/pot_kettle_black.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Im not playing any victim here so you are mistaken.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' timestamp='1300401914' post='977758']
This is a public apology to oldschooler, who clearly received the brunt of my displaced anger last night. My comments were misguided and uncalled for.

If someone needs to take a break from this place for a while, it's me, not you.
[/quote]

Thanks. Apology accepted. I really appreciate it.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300387782' post='977674']
When I was in Basic, they paired those they thought had personal problems in the pugil pit. Fuck if I didn't get paired with the biggest (I mean BIG) slack jaw hill billy in the whole damn company (we really did hate each other).. Somehow I managed to hold my own..

The weird thing was... It worked. The act of being able to beat the shit out of each other did wonders to quell the animosity.

[img]http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/web/070728-f-0558k-002.jpg[/img]

I could be wrong.. but I don't remember wearing helmets.. And only the ends of the sticks were padded (I am sure about that).. But I remember several bloody noses and mouths, which I don't think would have happened if we had helmets...

Maybe they got knocked off and we didn't bother putting them back on because I have the distinct memory of the bitter taste of Naugahyde and the feel of the pad smacking my face.

Of course, I used to box in HS, so maybe it's a crossed memory.
[/quote]

I remember that too. I was losing to some black dude and (we were wearing helmets) 2-1 in a 3 point match and apparently he thought the drill instructor had blown the whistle and he turned his back on me...and I gave him a butt-smash (for those that don't know, the pugil sticks are to be used as if they were your rifle, simulating hand to hand combat, so only certain maneuvers counted for points) on his ear-hole which spun his helmet halfway around his head. I was a hero for a moment.....then dude got a bayonet stab on me and it was over. Talk about tiring....those fucking things are HEAVY!

Also, Old, despite your dislike for Homer, I don't think (and I don't want) him suspended. I know you have a different opinion of him than I do and that's fine, and if he calls you names that you don't like then either respond in kind (you have), ask him to please stop (nicely) or ignore him.

I get why you think he's condescending, and I know it infuriates you, but Homer is a genuine person, an old-timer and a well-versed being in terms of having historical perspective. I don't think you're going to get a lot of support from anyone in terms of suspending him, and I am asking you as a friend to not do it.

I also don't like hearing you talking about your participation (and your love thereof) on this board in the past tense. This board needs your input. I for one appreciate not only your work in terms of all things Bengals-related, but I also respect your opinion even when I don't agree with it.

We all (and I do mean [i]ALL[/i]) should step back and take a lesson here in how we should be conducting ourselves on here and observe how quickly inflamed opinions can lead to an almost out-of-control stubbornness that in the end doesn't do anyone a lick of good, creates bad blood, and brings the spirits of everyone reading on the board down.

Anyway, I hope that Old sticks around, Homer doesn't get banned, you and Jamie stop being like Iran and Israel, etc.

This is a public apology to oldschooler, who clearly received the brunt of my displaced anger last night. My comments were misguided and uncalled for.

[/quote]

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300402267' post='977765']
Thanks. Apology accepted. I really appreciate it.
[/quote]

Rep to both...

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1300402246' post='977764']
Im not playing any victim here so you are mistaken.
[/quote]

It wasn't a comment restricted to this discussion.

[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1300403390' post='977772']
Also, Old, despite your dislike for Homer, I don't think (and I don't want) him suspended. I know you have a different opinion of him than I do and that's fine, and if he calls you names that you don't like then either respond in kind (you have), ask him to please stop (nicely) or ignore him.

I get why you think he's condescending, and I know it infuriates you, but Homer is a genuine person, an old-timer and a well-versed being in terms of having historical perspective. I don't think you're going to get a lot of support from anyone in terms of suspending him, and I am asking you as a friend to not do it.

I also don't like hearing you talking about your participation (and your love thereof) on this board in the past tense. This board needs your input. I for one appreciate not only your work in terms of all things Bengals-related, but I also respect your opinion even when I don't agree with it.

We all (and I do mean [i]ALL[/i]) should step back and take a lesson here in how we should be conducting ourselves on here and observe how quickly inflamed opinions can lead to an almost out-of-control stubbornness that in the end doesn't do anyone a lick of good, creates bad blood, and brings the spirits of everyone reading on the board down.

Anyway, I hope that Old sticks around, Homer doesn't get banned, you and Jamie stop being like Iran and Israel, etc.
[/quote]

All I ever asked is that Homer and Jamie show respect that I am worthy of.
I probably like them less than they like me, but I still showed them respect.
And even if they don't agree with my views, I think I have been here long enough
and done far more good for even them, that I should at least be shown the same
respect that I am showing them. That's all. And that goes for everyone, really.

I don't see how anyone would expect me to not suspend someone when you make it
clear that what they are doing is unacceptable. Go has done it a lot. I know he runs this
site. But this site has been like a 2nd job to me for a few years now. And I really am trying
to moderate this situation that I am involved. Go and Jamie acting like it is OK isn't acceptable
to me anymore. If I can't ask someone nicely over and over to stop and they continue, then what
other recourse is there? I have ignored. I have went off. The hits keep on hitting. I mean the dude even tries to
belittle me for what I do here, free of charge.

This entire thread is me saying I've had enough. It needs to stop. There is no justifying it anymore.
There is no ignoring it anymore. It just needs to stop. I will do everything in my power. I know it all
starts with me. But I am only one person. I just want it to be fun here again. I want to have engaging
conversations and learn things. The other bullshit just needs to end. And I include myself in the bullshit.
I am not playing a victim. I know I have had a hand in it too. I know I am far from perfect and I let how
things are going in my life amplify things that are going on here sometimes. Like I said, I use this
place as an ecscape. And when your ecscape is no better than what you are trying to ecscape, well,
you have how I have been lately. And for that I apologize to all. Even Jamie and Homer.

I think I'm going to ban myself. I should never have attacked Oldschooler for being a torture-advocate nor should I have taken the bait when he repeatedly made reference to my displeasure with an aspect of Munoz behavior. I should have let it slide. After all, he clearly is the spokesperson for this Bengals community and I should have had no problem with his hope that the "Great Anthony" wrote "Who-Dey" on a bomb.

Clearly the lesson is this: when one runs into a piece of shit in life, the best thing to do is to step around it and keep moving on.

A few of you have my email and are welcome to contact me if you wish. I'll also check my PM box here in a few doays in the off chance there may be others who wish to maintain some contact.

Sorry this is so short and abrupt and not one of my normal posts. It's just that I feel a compelling need to visit the urinal so I can write "Who-Dey" with my piss.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300404972' post='977779']
I think I'm going to ban myself. I should never have attacked Oldschooler for being a torture-advocate nor should I have taken the bait when he repeatedly made reference to my displeasure with an aspect of Munoz behavior. I should have let it slide. After all, he clearly is the spokesperson for this Bengals community and I should have had no problem with his hope that the "Great Anthony" wrote "Who-Dey" on a bomb.

Clearly the lesson is this: when one runs into a piece of shit in life, the best thing to do is to step around it and keep moving on.

A few of you have my email and are welcome to contact me if you wish. I'll also check my PM box here in a few doays in the off chance there may be others who wish to maintain some contact.

Sorry this is so short and abrupt and not one of my normal posts. It's just that I feel a compelling need to visit the urinal so I can write "Who-Dey" with my piss.
[/quote]

Best thing I have ever read from you.

Thanks. It saves us both some headaches.

Glad you are banning yourself rather than me having to fight with some Mods on here for
suspending you for the piece of shit remark. I just hope you are a man of your word.
Because I know I would end up suspending you. You just can't get over yourself.

One last request though, can you take Jamie with you?

Oh and good riddance.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1300404972' post='977779']

[/quote]

Egads! You are better than this.. At least the Homer_Rice in my mind is. Many people here value your input, and I think that many people here have benefited from your knowledge and experience.

Sometimes you may cross the line, but that is a small thing compared to the fact that you challenge, and force people to think.. And even if they ultimately never agree with you, the result is noble nonetheless.

This board needs more Homer's not 1 less.

Maybe something to consider is that Old represents something to you. Something troubling yet ultimately out of reach. Perhaps some of what you level at Old is really meant for someone else. I think since Old stands up so strongly for his beliefs that for some he has come to represent a mindset that is frustrating, perhaps even infuriating.

Do you think it's possible that when you are attacking Old you are attacking an ideology that comes in a convenient and easy to reach package?

Maybe holding him as representative for all this is a tad unfair?

I'm not trying to assign blame here... God knows I haven't been around for a lot of it...

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300405453' post='977781']
Best thing I have ever read from you.

Thanks. It saves us both some headaches.

Glad you are banning yourself rather than me having to fight with some Mods on here for
suspending you for the piece of shit remark. I just hope you are a man of your word.
Because I know I would end up suspending you. You just can't get over yourself.

One last request though, can you take Jamie with you?

Oh and good riddance.
[/quote]

BOO!!!

LAME!!

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300406160' post='977785']
BOO!!!

LAME!!
[/quote]

Why is he better than all of this? It is par for the fucking course to me.

Not lame at all. I just apologized for my behavior, to him even.
And he immdiately follows it with another attack.

I have never gotten anything that remotely resembles an apology from them.
Just justifying their shit. More attacks and bullshit.

He never meant as much to me, or really anything to me, as he did some of
you guys in the first place. Then I add in all of his bullshit, regardless of
what reasoning you might want to give him, so I meant every word I said.

Buh-bye now.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1300406609' post='977787']
Why is he better than all of this? It is par for the fucking course to me.

Not lame at all. I just apologized for my behavior, to him even.
And he immdiately follows it with another attack.

I have never gotten anything that remotely resembles an apology from them.
Just justifying their shit. More attacks and bullshit.

He never meant as much to me, or really anything to me, as he did some of
you guys in the first place. Then I add in all of his bullshit, regardless of
what reasoning you might want to give him, so I meant every word I said.
[/quote]

Dude seriously.. I think you are better than this too, and it can be argued this is par for the course with you. Of course you don't see it that way.

Really. we can not like each other, we can disagree, but can we please top acting like children?

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1300406737' post='977788']
Dude seriously.. I think you are better than this too, and it can be argued this is par for the course with you. Of course you don't see it that way.

Really. we can not like each other, we can disagree, but can we please top acting like children?
[/quote]

I guess you missed me apologizing numerous times and saying
I want the bullshit to end. Then he says he is leaving and posts
more bullshit first.

Seriously, I am a piece of shit. Did you see me call him anything
even after that? Anything?

That is par for the course for what I have gotten from him.
And he never brought anything to my table. Ever. Not once.
All I got from him was insults. So why wouldn't I say good riddance?

I am not acting like a child. I am acting like a man that's had enough.
How else do you expect me to handle this? I went off. Done that before.
I asked it to stop. Done that before. I said I had enough. Done that before.
All I keep getting is more shots and more jusitfying. Fuck him.

If I see him post again I'll suspend him for a week. Then the shit will
really hit the fan. So yeah. Glad he banned himself.

Ding Dong the (insert something that rhymes with witch here) is dead!

Archived