2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1306098707' post='994120']
Volquez goes out and pitches another crappy game and then afterwards says the offense needs to score more runs:
[/quote]

The fact that Edinson needs to pitch MUCH better does not make his statement about our offense any less true.

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1306183772' post='994254']
IF/OF Frazier and SP/RP Maloney to the Reds, RP Smith and SP [b]Volquez to AAA[/b]

Renteria is also rumored to be going to the bereavement list but that hasn't been announced yet.
[/quote]

About damned time!!!!

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1306168444' post='994195']
The fact that Edinson needs to pitch MUCH better does not make his statement about our offense any less true.
[/quote]

It doesnt matter if its true or not. The fact of the matter is he has put this team in holes every fucking game and if it werent for the offense he could easily be 1-6 or worse. Then you go out give up 7 runs in 2 innings and then blame the offense? He should have kept his damn mouth shut and him talking about the offense is just plain dumb.

Did bailey bitch about the offense after giving up 2 runs in 7 innings and losing? No. Its crazy saying this but that kid has really matured over the last 4-5 years...volkie...not so much.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1306191492' post='994280']
It doesnt matter if its true or not. The fact of the matter is he has put this team in holes every fucking game and if it werent for the offense he could easily be 1-6 or worse. Then you go out give up 7 runs in 2 innings and then blame the offense? He should have kept his damn mouth shut and him talking about the offense is just plain dumb.

Did bailey bitch about the offense after giving up 2 runs in 7 innings and losing? No. Its crazy saying this but that kid has really matured over the last 4-5 years...volkie...not so much.
[/quote]

How do you know this isn't something already discussed in the clubhouse? I think the team chemistry is such they aren't going to throw one another under the bus.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1306191814' post='994285']
How do you know this isn't something already discussed in the clubhouse? I think the team chemistry is such they aren't going to throw one another under the bus.
[/quote]

What does it matter if it has been discussed in the clubhouse? you dont come out and essentially blame the game on someone else or another part of the team, whether you are playing well or not. Especially if you are not.

Dont disagree with you too much, but you are way off here.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1306289266' post='994554']
Woo-hoo! I hope Jay plays like this the rest of the season. That will go a long ways for another playoff push. Now get Yonder in LF and we are golden!
[/quote]

I wonder how bad Yonders D must be in LF if they dont want to bring him up.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1306289692' post='994556']
I wonder how bad Yonders D must be in LF if they dont want to bring him up.
[/quote]
I know you can't really go by the numbers, but last I looked, he had no errors. But then you need to factor in range and such I'm sure. But he would add instant offense to us. I feel like he is a Joey clone.

Can't be any worse than Gomes though..in any phase of the game.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1306289987' post='994557']
I know you can't really go by the numbers, but last I looked, he had no errors. But then you need to factor in range and such I'm sure. But he would add instant offense to us. I feel like he is a Joey clone.

Can't be any worse than Gomes though..in any phase of the game.
[/quote]

Dont get me wrong Id do it...then again I would have left Frazier up as well, he was raking. 11 homers and 33 rbis in AAA.

Archived