2011 Reds Gameday Thread!

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1306420572' post='994855']
got picked off 2nd because he was chatting with Jimmy Rollins and not paying attention, with his head turned away from the pitcher.

The pitcher was pulling a Chapman and walked 3 guys. Brandon likely gets walked in as the go ahead run if he doesn't get out.
[/quote]

:doh:

Yeah, that shit ain't cool.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1305487486' post='992789']
awesome. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself where they beat up on us and then went cold while the reds got hot.
[/quote]

I hate that I was right and history repeated itself.

Since getting swept by the Reds, the Cardinals are 9-2.

Since sweeping the Cards, the Reds are 4-8.

Just like last year, in reverse. After getting beat up by the cards last year at home, the Reds went 18-8 and the Cards went 12-14 over the next 26 games before the next faceoff.

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1306640000' post='995200']
Fisher asked to take one for the team again and takes the loss in extras.
Time to DL LeCure if he can't pitch when they need him.
[/quote]

Didn't get to see any of the game tonight, but Fisher is probably the last guy I'd put out there after his last extended outing... he needed more rest.

I think it's time to move Jay Bruce behind Joey. I know it's back to back lefties, but unless they move Brandon back to the 4 spot, there is no one in this line-up protecting Joey. I don't think he has hit a home-run yet on the roadtrip.

What a clusterfuck. They would have just been better off by letting Reinke look at the last pitch. Give Stubbs and Phillips a chance to see some pitches. Good news is that Greinke is already at 90 pitches.

This team is full of guys that cant hit for shit right now, including brandon phillips, scott rolen and even joey votto. Bruce is single handedly carrying this offense, no one else is doing jack shit.

Starting pitching isnt helping much either.

And this team is .500. I have no reason to believe that once we heat up we wont win the division, but we better not dig ourselves too big a hole right now with everyone struggling.

Archived