If you had the ability to buy a team...

Scout200

I'd buy the Bengals.

I have 3 wings to report to me and expect those 3 wings work together but neither having power over each other.

1. Wing 1 would be bean counters - Figure how much money I will make and how to get more
2. Wing 2 would be football ops - Start to finish you put together the team
3. Wing 3 would be minister of Homefield advantage - basically fan experience

I'd set the goals for each. Football Ops we would agree to what a reasonable expectation for win/loss would be. How to improve and how it effects finance. Then at then of the season assess the results.

Homefield advantage would be judged on pre snap penalties and fan satisfaction surveys. I'd offer a discount good for all Monday and Tuesday following the game if a certain amount of pre snap penalties were forced. Like a big discount on everything in the pro shop - 50% type

I'd have a standard victory party after each win road or home at the Waterfront.

in all honesty, I'd buy the Bengals and move them to LA! It is a business not personal! Bigger market means more money. Also, I'd hire a GM that knows his shit and get me a winner while I step back like Mark Cuban and let them handle their business. But I will be at every game just like Cuban and give my team anything they want and all I ask for is the Superbowl!

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1309536689' post='999391']
I'd buy the Bengals, I'd move them to LA as well, not because of the market (though that would be a factor) but because I hate Ohio.
[/quote]

Oh, and since I'll be in LA with all kinds of sick cash, I sign Palmer again and bench his ass lol

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1309537687' post='999393']
Oh, and since I'll be in LA with all kinds of sick cash, I sign Palmer again and bench his ass lol
[/quote]

[img]http://www.elevenwarriors.com/sites/default/files/images/wp/carson.jpg[/img]

[size="6"]Yo Rumble, no more fish taco's for you!![/size]

I'd buy the stealers.

Then I'd trade Troy Polamalu, Mike Wallace, James Harrison, and Cam Heyward to the Bengals for Dane LeFevour and Tom Nelson.

Then I'd trade Hines Ward and big Jen to the CFL.

Then I'd sell the team.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1309379817' post='999143']
I'd buy the Bengals.

I have 3 wings to report to me and expect those 3 wings work together but neither having power over each other.

1. Wing 1 would be bean counters - Figure how much money I will make and how to get more
2. Wing 2 would be football ops - Start to finish you put together the team
3. Wing 3 would be minister of Homefield advantage - basically fan experience

I'd set the goals for each. Football Ops we would agree to what a reasonable expectation for win/loss would be. How to improve and how it effects finance. Then at then of the season assess the results.

Homefield advantage would be judged on pre snap penalties and fan satisfaction surveys. I'd offer a discount good for all Monday and Tuesday following the game if a certain amount of pre snap penalties were forced. Like a big discount on everything in the pro shop - 50% type

I'd have a standard victory party after each win road or home at the Waterfront.
[/quote]

That's awesome!

[quote name='Scout200' timestamp='1309379012' post='999139']
If you had the ability to purchase a team, what team would you buy? Would it be your favorite team or would it be a team that you want to work with and build up the current roster? What changes would you make?
[/quote]

Cleveland is for sale on eBay right now.
So far, no bidders.

If soP was willing to sell 51% of the Bengals, put a management team in place with full control and then sell shares to rhe public like the Packers, would you buy? Say $1,000 per share got you a stock certificate, invites to certain business meetings, very limited voting rights, first dibs on select offers/events but no dividend payments are you still buying?

Archived