Why are players so stupid

Bengals1181

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1314834150' post='1023815']
Just like Jimmy Johnson always said "time to open up another can of Running Back".
I believe CJ is worth the top RB cash, but to leverage a demand for so much more over that by holding out is a shitty way to handle business.
[/quote]

so is trying to tide him over with a mil or so last year then come with an above average deal... i feel that he probably feels they owe him for last year as well, he has outplayed his contract 10 fold thus far... i can imagine he, and drew, feel entitled since they were the ones who caved for peanuts last year...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1314833971' post='1023812']
he can do what he wants and say what he wants... his life, his money,

whats HILARIOUS... however... is that google presents ads that are based on content on the page/text on the page...

and the ads at the bottom are "Poise" hourglass shaped pads, better fit with better protection...

so apparently SOMEONE in this thread is being a bloody vagina.... and they have some recommendations for you..
[/quote]

those ads are taylored by IP address though, no?

I've been getting ads for some motor oil company that sponsors a car repair forum I went to last night.

So what sites have YOU been to lately? ;)

And seriously, half of the money made in a year is incentive laced. If the dude runs for 2,000 and 12-14 TD's, he deserves 15 million. Show up for workouts. Don't be a dildo on twitter AKA tell fans to STFU, do some charity and visit some elementary schools.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1314834246' post='1023816']
so is trying to tide him over with a mil or so last year then come with an above average deal... i feel that he probably feels they owe him for last year as well, he has outplayed his contract 10 fold thus far... i can imagine he, and drew, feel entitled since they were the ones who caved for peanuts last year...
[/quote]

He was under contract this year and last. They offered him "Highest RB money in the league" which of course means highest RB money ever..
Good enough.

I have to agree...walking away from being the highest paid player at YOUR POSITION EVER is pretty damn greedy...especially given the shelf life of running backs. Why would he feel entitled to be paid like a WR like Fitz when wideouts last longer than running backs do?

And I disagree that he's "the best/most electrifying player in the league"...I'd give that award to a number of other less flashy, equally productive, WINNING players on WINNING teams...at other positions. Almost ALL teams are doing running back by committee anymore, which is a smart thing to do given the pounding they take, especially if a team has a pair of backs that are both above average...like our own Bengals...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314834338' post='1023817']

those ads are taylored by IP address though, no?

I've been getting ads for some motor oil company that sponsors a car repair forum I went to last night.

So what sites have YOU been to lately? ;)
[/quote]

not completely no... contant based.. whether its content you have viewed and is in your cookies/history or content of what you are viewing...

$13 million + per year for a RB = dumb

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/jwyattsports"]jwyattsports[/url] [color=#999999][size=3]Jim Wyatt[/size][/color]
[color=#999999][size=2]
[i]by RavensInsider[/i] [/size][/color]

[font=Arial,]
BREAKING: TItans agreed to 4-yr 53.5 million deal with Chris Johnson. 30 guaranteed[/font]

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/jwyattsports/status/109308359005585408"]4 minutes ago[/url] [size=2][url="http://twitter.com/#"][/url][/size]

AWESOME, good for you Chris Johnson.

Where exactly would you rather the $$$ go? The owners pockets? They aren't going to pass the savings on to the fans, might as well give it to the dudes actually providing the entertainment.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1314896782' post='1024206']
AWESOME, good for you Chris Johnson.

Where exactly would you rather the $$$ go? The owners pockets? They aren't going to pass the savings on to the fans, might as well give it to the dudes actually providing the entertainment.
[/quote]

two simple questions:

1) is he $10 million/yr better than Benson?

2) Would you rather give a RB $13 million/yr or re-sign someone like Jonathan Joseph with that money (if he were a Titan)?

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/greggrosenthal"]greggrosenthal[/url] [color=#999999][size=3]gregg rosenthal[/size][/color]
[color=#999999][size=2]
[/size][/color]

[font=Arial,]
Florio points out this was extension, not new deal. More like a 6-year deal. Makes average-per-year go down a lot.[/font]

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/greggrosenthal/status/109313648614322176"]3 minutes ago[/url]

In that case $8.9 million/yr is a lot more reasonable.[size=2][url="http://twitter.com/#"][/url][/size]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314897673' post='1024218']

two simple questions:

2) Would you rather give a RB $13 million/yr or re-sign someone like Jonathan Joseph with that money (if he were a Titan)?
[/quote]

1. I'm not sure. Benson's deal, to be totally objective here, is clearly a hometown/fuckup/second chance discount. I don't think you can compare the two backs. CJ is far more valuable to the Titans than Benson is to the Bengals. Not a simple question. I think I would lean no, but what else do the Titans have to replace CJ's productivity? I think my "simple answer" will be YES.

2. I'd rather have a stud CB than a RB, but that is a philosophy preference. There are plenty of teams out there who would rather have a home run RB than a CB. For example, a team that runs the old Tampa 2 would probably not value a CB super highly. You can get by with lesser guys. If I were the Titans, I'd want CJ over Joseph all costs being equal. Again, not a simple question!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314897673' post='1024218']

two simple questions:

[/quote]

2. Groom Javon Ringer and beef up your defense for that. For all of you star fuckers that back these players just because they're "fun" to watch, how have the Titans done as a team with him? And how do teams fare that put all their eggs in one basket. I guess you say another prayer that the eggs don't get broken.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1314963936' post='1024766']

2. Groom Javon Ringer and beef up your defense for that. For all of you star fuckers that back these players just because they're "fun" to watch, how have the Titans done as a team with him? And how do teams fare that put all their eggs in one basket. I guess you say another prayer that the eggs don't get broken.
[/quote]

It's a star driven league, how many teams win the Super Bowl with no stars?

What kind of stupid league would that be if everyone just beefs up their defense and uses garbage at running back? The awesome defenders would be getting money. Like Haynesworth. The money has to go somewhere.

Why don't you guys think anyone deserves the money? Do you seriously want everyone in the NFL on minimum wage and the owners pocket everything? That's stupid.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1314970618' post='1024812']

It's a star driven league, how many teams win the Super Bowl with no stars?

What kind of stupid league would that be if everyone just beefs up their defense and uses garbage at running back? The awesome defenders would be getting money. Like Haynesworth. The money has to go somewhere.

Why don't you guys think anyone deserves the money? Do you seriously want everyone in the NFL on minimum wage and the owners pocket everything? That's stupid.
[/quote]

good RB + great defense > great RB + good defense

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314972129' post='1024821']

good RB + great defense > great RB + good defense
[/quote]

I guess you don't understand how great Chris Johnson has been these last few seasons. He seems worth it to me.

If Johnson was on the open market, he would get so much money. I would say NFL teams value great RB's more than you seem to.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1314972430' post='1024825']

I guess you don't understand how great Chris Johnson has been these last few seasons. He seems worth it to me.

If Johnson was on the open market, he would get so much money. I would say NFL teams value great RB's more than you seem to.
[/quote]

an the Titans are 14-18 over the last 2 years.

New England went 14-2 last year with very average RB's.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1314973058' post='1024830']
What do you think the Titans would be without CJ?
[/quote]

still a bad team.

Where would they be if they used that money on fixing multiple holes they have on their team. Keep in mind they're pretty deep at RB. And I'm by no means saying they should get rid of CJ, but you just don't give RB's outrageous contracts IMO.

It's been proven over and over again that you don't need a stud RB to win.

Archived