Why are players so stupid

Bengals1181

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1314821943' post='1023696']
The markets already been set. CJ2K is better than Larry Fitzgerald. Therefore CJ2K should get more money than Larry Fitzgerald. Do I think a single player should get paid 1/10th of the salary cap? No. Do I have a choice? No. So the Titans can not pay him..and suck or they can pay him as one of the best players in the game and be decent. That's there choice. If I had to choose between decent and suck and I had the funds to pay for it, I'm going to make sure I'm decent.
[/quote]

I guess a question worth asking is... Do you make it harder to be decent when you pay 1 player 1/10th of the cap? I think even some of these QB contracts help serve to hamstring teams, and they touch the ball on every play.

I'm sure that's what the Titans are wrestling with now..

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1314817535' post='1023642']
You would think CJ would get paid. He is their offense. He's so fun to watch.

Hopefully he sits out all season; betters our chances.
[/quote]

I do love watching him run!

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1314822343' post='1023703']

I guess a question worth asking is... Do you make it harder to be decent when you pay 1 player 1/10th of the cap? I think even some of these QB contracts help serve to hamstring teams, and they touch the ball on every play.

I'm sure that's what the Titans are wrestling with now..
[/quote]
I think you can get away with doing with at least one guy. A lot of teams do. CJ2K is the most electrifying player in the league. If the Titans don't pay him, I guarantee there will be a team in this league that will. AP and CJ are two of the top players in the league. If they demand top player money, there will be teams that are smart enough to work it out and put pieces around them.

The Colts are paying Peyton 20 million a year right now aren't they? The NFL is ass-backwards as it is. WR's who are lucky to have 1/5th of the total offensive plays touches per game should not be making more than the guys who are guarding the most precious player on the team.

The market has been set for the Titans. CJ want's top player money. They should have given him money the year after he blew everything out of the water. Instead they waited and other teams are giving gargantuan contracts to players that shouldn't be getting it.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1314822924' post='1023713']
I think you can get away with doing with at least one guy. A lot of teams do. CJ2K is the most electrifying player in the league. [b]If the Titans don't pay him, I guarantee there will be a team in this league that will.[/b] AP and CJ are two of the top players in the league. If they demand top player money, there will be teams that are smart enough to work it out and put pieces around them.

The Colts are paying Peyton 20 million a year right now aren't they? The NFL is ass-backwards as it is. WR's who are lucky to have 1/5th of the total offensive plays touches per game should not be making more than the guys who are guarding the most precious player on the team.
[/quote]

And these teams that tend to do this kind of thing... Are they successful? Seems to me the yearly big spenders in FA usually fall flat, while the truly successful teams tend to spend more prudently. I am not saying being cheap (below salary cap) but, spreading the wealth a bit, and not overpaying for guys.

I think the only players that can really demand that kind of cash are true franchise QB's... An argument can even be made that if the Colts could spend more on defense that they would have won more than 1 Superbowl.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1314821943' post='1023696']
[b]The markets already been set[/b]. CJ2K is better than Larry Fitzgerald. Therefore CJ2K should get more money than Larry Fitzgerald. Do I think a single player should get paid 1/10th of the salary cap? No. Do I have a choice? No. So the Titans can not pay him..and suck or they can pay him as one of the best players in the game and be decent. That's there choice. If I had to choose between decent and suck and I had the funds to pay for it, I'm going to make sure I'm decent.
[/quote]

lol the funny thing is it hasn't. The market has been set for WR's, not for RB's.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314823186' post='1023715']

lol the funny thing is it hasn't. The market has been set for WR's, not for RB's.
[/quote]

And the fact that the Titans are trying to make Johnson the highest paid RB ever and still wants more money shows you how stupid he's being about this whole situaiton. He should sign the contract, get his butt into camp asap. Don't the Titans have a new coaching staff, he hasn't even practiced with his yet....not good.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314823186' post='1023715']

[/quote]
You don't think CJ is looking at Fitz's contract and saying "I'm a bigger playmaker than Fitz. I should get paid such." If you don't..your high. AP is about get paid this offseason. The market is about to be set. Vikings are going to spend big, I'm positive.

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1314823089' post='1023714']

And these teams that tend to do this kind of thing... Are they successful? Seems to me the yearly big spenders in FA usually fall flat, while the truly successful teams tend to spend more prudently. I am not saying being cheap (below salary cap) but, spreading the wealth a bit, and not overpaying for guys.

I think the only players that can really demand that kind of cash are true franchise QB's... An argument can even be made that if the Colts could spend more on defense that they would have won more than 1 Superbowl.
[/quote]
I agree. Franchise QB's should be the only one's that see over 14 million. It just doesn't work that way. We will see this year how the Eagles do with all the money they have spent, but I'm sure barring a injury, they see good success. Jets are in the same boat.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314820469' post='1023681']

you've got to be kidding me. :facepalm:

I'll again preface Fitz isn't worth the money he got. There's not a damn RB in the league worth $15 million a year. Hell, there's not a RB in the league I'd give $8 million a year.
[/quote]

damn I agree with you on this one. Positive rep from me :)
seriously, for real. He does not deserve more than 8 mill a yr for sure.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1314823728' post='1023720']
You don't think CJ is looking at Fitz's contract and saying [b]"I'm a bigger playmaker than Fitz. I should get paid such." [/b] If you don't..your high. AP is about get paid this offseason. The market is about to be set. Vikings are going to spend big, I'm positive.
[/quote]

oh I'm sure he is, he's basically stated as much. Doesn't mean its true and doesn't mean its gonna happen.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314825499' post='1023748']

oh I'm sure he is, he's basically stated as much. Doesn't mean its true and doesn't mean its gonna happen.
[/quote]

outta curiosity, either CJ or AP...how much longer can these guys even play at the level they played to get that kind of money? I'd let them go personally or trade them! I think IMO, Minny got the best of AP already especially after this yr he's about to play, I don't think he'll be that same player we all saw in his first 3 seasons again. RB's age quick and are dimes a dozen!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1314826154' post='1023754']

outta curiosity, either CJ or AP...how much longer can these guys even play at the level they played to get that kind of money? I'd let them go personally or trade them! I think IMO, Minny got the best of AP already especially after this yr he's about to play, I don't think he'll be that same player we all saw in his first 3 seasons again. [b]RB's age quick and are dimes a dozen![/b]
[/quote]

exactly, but even with CJ being in his prime, you can't convince me he's $12 million/yr better than Benson.

Common fan refuses to believe there is a business side to the game and the players they love. This is not a high school or college team. This is income, career and taking care of yourself and family forever. Common fan wants to believe this is something different than their job but it isn't as different as they think.

His thnking is he is the best player in the game regardless of postion and therefore he should be paid like the best player in the game and not paid like the best player at my position. Without looking at his stats ------- I do not know if he should/should not but his point is understood.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1314826395' post='1023756']

exactly, but even with CJ being in his prime, you can't convince me he's $12 million/yr better than Benson.
[/quote]

I do not know his stats and I am too lazy to look them up. I'd say no one is worth $12 mill but that's jsut me. How does he compare to Benson when all touches are considered. How about # of snaps played as CJ likely does not come out on 3rd and long.

CJ is an idiot. MR already came to the table with the most money a RB has ever seen and CJ didn't show up to pick up the check.
He's has the gold teeth to call people who say he's greedy "Fake Titans fans".
I just bet they'll be pulling for The Titans long after he is chasing a paycheck with some other team on the downside of his career.

I've seen CJ around town - late late night - driving that obscene green bean of a car of his just hours before the game on Sunday.

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1314833388' post='1023804']
Bottom line is the odds are way against CK busting out 2K type seasons in the future. Dude can't catch a pass, can't take a hard hit and is worthless at the goal line.
Does that equal Brady money?
[/quote]

cut him, see what the free market yields.

He will get his $$$. Good for you Johnson, you're the man. Owner of the Titans, fuck you.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1314833472' post='1023805']
cut him, see what the free market yields.
[/quote]
Basically. If CJ hit the open market. He'd strike gold..real fast. Adrian Peterson as well.

Market? Rbs are found a lot easier than a wr like Fitz.

True cj is the biggest playmaker in the league today. Look at LT.

Sorry the market for Rbs is they typically get screwed on the pecking order, due to the pool of talent.

Colts traded away Faulk and didn't miss a beat with Edge.

Just limits on the bank you pay Rbs, imo.

he can do what he wants and say what he wants... his life, his money,

whats HILARIOUS... however... is that google presents ads that are based on content on the page/text on the page...

and the ads at the bottom are "Poise" hourglass shaped pads, better fit with better protection...

so apparently SOMEONE in this thread is being a bloody vagina.... and they have some recommendations for you..

Archived