For the love of God! Bench Bug eyes!

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1321824163' post='1065423']
Caldwell is a joke, he has dropped passes every game this year. And he hasn't fought to break up the INT on any of the three Dalton has thrown today.
[/quote]

how exactly should he have broken up the one in the endzone? or the 3rd one? with his mind?

I'll give you the 2nd one.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1321825532' post='1065583']
Simpson, Hawkins, and Leonard really stepped up today. The pick in the end zone, Caldwell should have at least attempted to break up.
[/quote]
Simpson is still too erratic.

I still want to see Chase Coffman as a big possession receiver out of the slot.

[quote name='High School Harry' timestamp='1321831987' post='1065715'] Simpson is still too erratic. I still want to see Chase Coffman as a big possession receiver out of the slot.[/quote]

The only thing Chase is going to have possession of is his last NFL paycheck pretty soon. Cochart came in undrafted and shot over Coffman. I think that ship has sailed....definitely seemed like a total dumbass on Hard Knocks

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1321824265' post='1065434']

how exactly should he have broken up the one in the endzone? or the 3rd one? with his mind?

I'll give you the 2nd one.
[/quote]
That and the fact that Dalton shouldn't have even thrown that pass...unless it was to Adriel Jeremiah.....

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1321843380' post='1065820']

nor should gruden have called it. Get the damn first down, then take a shot. A FG there changes the game.
[/quote]
I totally agree. I was mystified then and I still am now. For a WC offense, we sure do take a lot of shots downfield when we could be eating up the chains with Gresham. Jermaine NEEDS to be WAY more involved in this offense, from the first series to the last. I am baffled as to why they continue to keep him in to block on plays when we are throwing the ball. Dude is a fucking beast...unleash him!

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1321843553' post='1065823']
I totally agree. I was mystified then and I still am now. For a WC offense, we sure do take a lot of shots downfield when we could be eating up the chains with Gresham. Jermaine NEEDS to be WAY more involved in this offense, from the first series to the last. I am baffled as to why they continue to keep him in to block on plays when we are throwing the ball. Dude is a fucking beast...unleash him!
[/quote]

don't get me wrong, I don't mind the shots downfield (I think they should do more to simpson, not just green), but I don't agree with it in that instance.

Part of it with Gresham is consistency. The coaches have hinted in the past that he's not being consistent enough with his play.

I think getting him out wide on a CB would help.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1321843831' post='1065825']

don't get me wrong, I don't mind the shots downfield (I think they should do more to simpson, not just green), but I don't agree with it in that instance.

Part of it with Gresham is consistency. The coaches have hinted in the past that he's not being consistent enough with his play.

I think getting him out wide on a CB would help.
[/quote]
I don't think there's anything any of the coaches can say that will sway me. The guy is just fucking huge, athletic, has soft hands and is practically uncoverable. Its almost like the Chase Coffman thing..."You don't block real well, so we don't have a use for you at the TE position"....well you know what? Lots of other teams manage to get their TE's into space and and get them the fucking ball. We should be doing that more with Gresham. Its my belief that Gresham can be close to a Gonzalez or a Gates....GET HIM THE FUCKING BALL! At least give him a chance! Every time we get down late this season Dalton has a ton of completions to Jermaine. Why? Because we are calling for him and he's fucking OPEN! Where is that creative ingenuity earlier in games? Christ, I need to shut up now...going to give myself an aneurysm.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1321844238' post='1065830']
I don't think there's anything any of the coaches can say that will sway me. The guy is just fucking huge, athletic, has soft hands and is practically uncoverable. Its almost like the Chase Coffman thing..."You don't block real well, so we don't have a use for you at the TE position"....well you know what? Lots of other teams manage to get their TE's into space and and get them the fucking ball. We should be doing that more with Gresham. Its my belief that Gresham can be close to a Gonzalez or a Gates....GET HIM THE FUCKING BALL! At least give him a chance! Every time we get down late this season Dalton has a ton of completions to Jermaine. Why? Because we are calling for him and he's fucking OPEN! Where is that creative ingenuity earlier in games? Christ, I need to shut up now...going to give myself an aneurysm.
[/quote]

I can't disagree with any of that. As I mentioned in another thread, it may just be a matter of Gruden still learning how best to use these guys. I don' think they have TE's in the AFL. :lol:

[quote name='sammyj1404' timestamp='1321851974' post='1065896']
i've enjoyed watching hawkins play...he plays with so much heart, has great hands and is quick. 2 questions...

1. What happens next year with Shipley back?

2. Why doesn't Hawkins (or pacman) return punts? Besides one or two good returns, Tate blows!
[/quote]

Jones is still getting up to game speed and is clearly not 100% (see him chasing down Ray Rice for obvious limp). I'm not sure Hawkins has fielded punts before. Tate, while not doing a great return job has been very good at fielding them. Clements can do it but I would not risk injury to another DB.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' timestamp='1321879644' post='1065924'] Jones is still getting up to game speed and is clearly not 100% (see him chasing down Ray Rice for obvious limp). I'm not sure Hawkins has fielded punts before. Tate, while not doing a great return job has been very good at fielding them. Clements can do it but I would not risk injury to another DB.[/quote]

Hawkins has definitely been a punt returner before and I've heard he's very, very good at it.

Archived