Tim Tebow’s Success Inspiring Other Teams To Start Shitty Quarterbacks

Ben

Tebow's interesting, and I'm not sure I buy the notion he's definitely going to get figured out and stopped in another game or two.

I think he can have good success as long as:

1. The Broncos defense plays well.
2. They continue to add wrinkles to the option.
3. He continues to evolve as a quarterback.
4. Other teams don't start doing option gimmicks.

A good defense will keep you in any game. If the Broncos are in it at the end, Tebow can win. It's how he's wired. From there, the key is to keep giving new looks to the option. As long as they can bring new wrinkles to the offense, it can be effective. When a defense can't pin it's ears back, a quarterback has real opportunities. That will make his option plays more effective, and it will give him a better chance to succeed in their traditional offensive plays. Which means Tebow has to grow, and get better with those plays. The defense and the option are giving him solid chances to improve. The better he can get as a passer, the better the team will be... and I think it's working. He's improving of late.

Finally, it's important that other teams don't copycat. When Denver is running an offense no one else runs, it makes it tougher to defend. The Wildcat was much more successful until lots of teams starting toying with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived