Ideas of things to collect

Lewdog

So I need to find something new to collect. I'm looking for ideas of something cool looking yet relevant. I'd also prefer it to be a bit unique. I was thinking of doing the classic radiator caps off old Model T's and such. Also doing old hood ornaments. So what's your ideas?

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1328141772' post='1093549']
I think I am going to collect as many Bengal's ticket stubs as possible, home and away.
[/quote]

I'm a fan of collecting sports tickets. Have a few that are from my dad just to complete a set. But other than that, I only want ones that I actually went to

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1328141772' post='1093549']
I think I am going to collect as many Bengal's ticket stubs as possible, home and away.
[/quote]

I just realized something. Are you making fun of me? I know not everyone is into it, but I thought I would share my collection with people who might be

No I'm not making fun of you. To be honest I found a wooden display case at the local vendors mall today for $4 and I couldn't pass it up, and it gave me an idea that I need to start collecting something again. I don't want to collect cards or anything anymore so I had to find something else. In the opening of the thread I gave a few ideas I was thinking of. I also though about collecting geodes. I think I have settled on collecting these though. If you have any doubles you want to get rid of hook a brother up!

:drinks:

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1328147110' post='1093568']
No I'm not making fun of you. To be honest I found a wooden display case at the local vendors mall today for $4 and I couldn't pass it up, and it gave me an idea that I need to start collecting something again. I don't want to collect cards or anything anymore so I had to find something else. In the opening of the thread I gave a few ideas I was thinking of. I also though about collecting geodes. I think I have settled on collecting these though. If you have any doubles you want to get rid of hook a brother up!

[/quote]

I can check. I threw some away a few weeks ago when I was taking all the pictures. My kids took some of my doubles

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1328147110' post='1093568']

[/quote]

Funny that you mentioned "Geodes". My mother sells those on Ebay and actually does pretty good with it.
She's retired and it gives her something to do and they're plentiful around here. She's even had people from
overseas buy them and pay a shitload of coin for shipping.

I have been tossing around the idea of starting to collect something or just start a hobby, something to occupy what little spare time I have besides drinking beer lol. Thinking about maybe getting into photography. I even
looked into soapmaking lol. Could be a hobby that I could even make a little supplemental income from.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' timestamp='1328178047' post='1093600']

Funny that you mentioned "Geodes". My mother sells those on Ebay and actually does pretty good with it.
She's retired and it gives her something to do and they're plentiful around here. She's even had people from
overseas buy them and pay a shitload of coin for shipping.

I have been tossing around the idea of starting to collect something or just start a hobby, something to occupy what little spare time I have besides drinking beer lol. Thinking about maybe getting into photography. [b] I even[/b]
[b]looked into soapmaking lol[/b]. Could be a hobby that I could even make a little supplemental income from.
[/quote]

are you tyler durden?

I collect Frankenstein (and other monster) jigglers..
Remember these?
Worth about $60 these days.. used to buy them for a buck..

[img]http://www.landlcollectables.com/catalog/product_thumb.php?img=images/Monsters//refMFRKAHI73JigglerSmall.jpg&w=400&h=293[/img]

[quote name='Enon Bengal' timestamp='1328204648' post='1093657']
I collect Morgan silver dollars, it can be expensive though, but I love 'em.

I'm starting to kick around the idea of keeping bees, maybe when I get a little older and a little closer to retirement. I have to check out the local zoning laws.
[/quote]

I sold about 50 to the coin store at florence mall about 10 years ago. Can't remember how much I made, but It would be worth atleast 3 times now

[quote name='BENGALS666' timestamp='1328211168' post='1093677']
I collect Frankenstein (and other monster) jigglers..
Remember these?
Worth about $60 these days.. used to buy them for a buck..

[img]http://www.landlcollectables.com/catalog/product_thumb.php?img=images/Monsters//refMFRKAHI73JigglerSmall.jpg&w=400&h=293[/img]
[/quote]

I have collected some jigglers in my time...$20 at a time. I didn't get to take them home though.

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' timestamp='1328271012' post='1093789']

Who is Tyler Durden?

Haha, just googled it. I just watched that movie the other night but the name didnt ring a bell.
Or the soap maker reference.
[/quote]

I know you're not talking about what I think you're talking about...

[quote name='Enon Bengal' timestamp='1328204648' post='1093657']
I'm starting to kick around the idea of keeping bees, maybe when I get a little older and a little closer to retirement. I have to check out the local zoning laws.
[/quote]

I have a friend who keeps bees...it can be labor intensive, but he enjoys it.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1328291196' post='1093854']
After seeing what some of the original star wars figures in the box are worth I bought almost every episode one figure and have them still in boxes stored away.

Though as much as episode one sucked it likely won't pay off. :lol:
[/quote]

it wasn't that bad, its just not what the fanboys wanted. same with attack of the clones. Hayden Christianson got bashed for his acting (he's actually a pretty good actor if you see him in other stuff) when in truth, most just couldn't accept that anakin wasn't always the badass vader. He was a whiny punk teennager with emotions out of control.

Archived