Would you take Stephen Hill at #21?

Mike Mayock has come away impressed with Stephen Hill at Georgia's Pro Day - thinks he's solidified his lower 1st/ top 2nd grade. Watch the video link (posted below) of Mayocks comments and pick accordingly:  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take Stephen Hill at #21 ?

• Yes - He's a great fit for us and would be a worthy pick at #21
    • No - Trade down/take him at lower spot
    • No - Don't want him

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1331239630' post='1103654']

By somewhere did you the mean the article happyrid posted a few post above yours...LOL..
[/quote]

Actually no I read it somewhere else. Not to offend happyrid, but normally his posts seem to be long and I don't tend to read them because I have the attention span of a Golden Retriever playing fetch.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1331239515' post='1103652']

Running a 4.3 at the combine is Elite speed for the NFL. Anything lower and the guy could run against Usain Bolt.

Anyway, the way you're trying to spin it, only the QB with the most yards passing is Elite. Can't be more than one
Elite QB, WR or whatever, if other players have comparable numbers.

Elite:[list]
[*][b]A group [/b]of people considered to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth.
[/list]
But like I said, by all means carry on.
[/quote]

So do you agree that world-class and elite are basically the same thing or are you going to ignore that? So what better than elite, because he wasn't even the fastest guy at the combine this year and he's not top 10 of all time? maybe there is a group of draft prospects who have run super-uber-elite 40 times.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1331239935' post='1103659']

So do you agree that world-class and elite are basically the same thing or are you going to ignore that? So what better than elite, because he wasn't even the fastest guy at the combine this year and he's not top 10 of all time? maybe there is a group of draft prospects who have run super-uber-elite 40 times.
[/quote]

I think they are 2 different things when talking about 40 times and NFL players.
I think anything in the 4.3 range is Elite speed for the NFL.

When I say World Class speed, I'm talking about track stars.

And you have to take the guys size into account too. 6'4 215lb running a 4.36 is Elite speed in my book.
And a lot of other people's books too.

I will say that the 40 is probably most related to wide receivers, but not too often are you going to just run down the field 40 yards. More than likely, there are going to be some movements involved. I'd be more interested in how these receivers do in their shuttle drill. Acceleration and getting up to top speed as fast as possible and blowing past your guy off the line is much more important for a wide receiver than what he can do running 40 yards down the field. I watched AJ Green and his 4.5 speed run past all kinds of guys this year. I feel like the 40 is extremely overrated.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1331239737' post='1103656']

Actually no I read it somewhere else. Not to offend happyrid, but normally his posts seem to be long and I don't tend to read them because I have the attention span of a Golden Retriever playing fetch.
[/quote]

a word of advice.... you ought to take the time. he's one of the better posters on this board, so you're missing out.

[quote name='coup000' timestamp='1331213167' post='1103374']
We get it, you like guys from the U.
[/quote]
[quote name='coup000' timestamp='1331242103' post='1103674']
Man, you guys are awesome at ruining a decent discussion over semantics.
[/quote]

Man, you're awesome at ... nothing. :29:

if you're going to talk shit, at least contribute to the thread.

For the record, I've been a member here since 2004 and have only lobbied for 3 hurricane players (Jon Beason, Lamar Miller, and Tommy Streeter) during that time when they have had the most consecutive players taken in the 1st round of any school, produce more annual probowlers than any school, and are currently tied for 1st with USC with 51 active players on NFL rosters. Shame on me for wanting talent from an NFL factory on this roster...

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1331220108' post='1103415']

I think you misunderstood my point.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Demaryius Thomas was a 1st round pick (#22 overall)[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Not only that, but he started BALLING this season. Especially in the playoffs when it mattered the most.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1331302613' post='1103822']

Man, you're awesome at ... nothing. :29:

if you're going to talk shit, at least contribute to the thread.

For the record, I've been a member here since 2004 and have only lobbied for 3 hurricane players (Jon Beason, Lamar Miller, and Tommy Streeter) during that time when they have had the most consecutive players taken in the 1st round of any school, produce more annual probowlers than any school, and are currently tied for 1st with USC with 51 active players on NFL rosters. Shame on me for wanting talent from an NFL factory on this roster...
[/quote]
Bro, there is no way in hell those are the only Miami players you've jerked off since I've been here. Like, no offense, but cmon son. Everywhere I go, you plug one of these dudes in.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1331305791' post='1103842']
top 21 pick to be more specific.
[/quote]

so that short shuttle causes no concern?

you guys were starting to win me over (somewhat) until i read that. and i don't know how i missed that during the combine?

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1331311040' post='1103867']

so that short shuttle causes no concern?

you guys were starting to win me over (somewhat) until i read that. and i don't know how i missed that during the combine?
[/quote]
It does me. I don't know why teams don't clamor over that, rather than a WR's 40. I want a guy that can get to his top speed in no time.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1331315006' post='1103893']
It does me. I don't know why teams don't clamor over that, rather than a WR's 40. I want a guy that can get to his top speed in no time.
[/quote]

I think the teams do put more stock into those measurables than the 40,it's the fans that are being driven by the media that make the 40 time to be great indicator of speed.

Btw, Northwestern WR Jeremy Ebert just ran a 4.38/40 at his pro day. He has elite speed and doubled Hill's career stats in one season, he looked great running routes and showed soft hands.

Jeremy Ebert at #21!!!1

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1331315006' post='1103893']
It does me. Idon't know why[b] teams [/b]don't clamor over that, rather than a WR's 40. I want a guy that can get to his top speed in no time.
[/quote]

You mean media hacks? Because the 40 is easy to hype... You weren't expecting actual logical analysis were you?

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1331309402' post='1103863']
Bro, there is no way in hell those are the only Miami players you've jerked off since I've been here. Like, no offense, but cmon son. Everywhere I go, you plug one of these dudes in.
[/quote]

1. I'm not your bro or your son
2. I'm well aware of whom I've lobbied for and 3 about sum it up. Like, come on yo dawg shawty swagness.... learn to count
3. Ive done nothing but say who I like and make my case for them like everyone else here. Because I'm not a Buckeyes fan or UC fan I'm jerking people off? :46:

Archived