Dalton + Better Running game = success?

That might have been it, but at the same moment our FB went down with an injury.  Hard to say that cook was the sole cause.

yeah,but Chris Presley going down didn't help ,but to put kyle cook in after being on injury reserves for half of the season  was a death sentence to the offense and it was the begging of the end of our season.I hope they bring in another fullback so that Chris Presley has someone to compete whit for the starting job.

If you think about our running game from a defensive perspective.  They do not have to assign a LB to shadow any of our runners.  They just stay in their lanes and tackle.  Would love to get a RB that makes DC's pull their hair out trying to figure out how to cover them - like Ray Rice or AP.  I don't think it is too far fetched to have the Bengals get a guy like this in the draft.  We certainly have tried over the years, Kijana, Perry, etc.  I was actually hoping we pursued Reggie Bush a little harder cause he fit that role in my eyes but I am glad we didn't overpay.  Looking forward to draft day and getting what we need for a cheap price.  

yeah,but Chris Presley going down didn't help ,but to put kyle cook in after being on injury reserves for half of the season  was a death sentence to the offense and it was the begging of the end of our season.I hope they bring in another fullback so that Chris Presley has someone to compete whit for the starting job.

they ran the ball all over Dallas while rotating centers.

he didn't play a lot, but for some reason the run game was never quite the same after Pressley got hurt. Even in the Philly game (with a set center) they were running it well until he got hurt.

IMO Pressley's pretty good.  They'll have Conner in camp, and Brooks to take snaps, but I don't see why Pressley wouldn't keep his job.  He's earned it.

If you think about our running game from a defensive perspective.  They do not have to assign a LB to shadow any of our runners.  They just stay in their lanes and tackle.  Would love to get a RB that makes DC's pull their hair out trying to figure out how to cover them - like Ray Rice or AP.  I don't think it is too far fetched to have the Bengals get a guy like this in the draft.  We certainly have tried over the years, Kijana, Perry, etc.  I was actually hoping we pursued Reggie Bush a little harder cause he fit that role in my eyes but I am glad we didn't overpay.  Looking forward to draft day and getting what we need for a cheap price.  

Given the traditional defenses in our division, I think it is best to punch them in the mouth instead of try and dodge around them.

he didn't play a lot, but for some reason the run game was never quite the same after Pressley got hurt. Even in the Philly game (with a set center) they were running it well until he got hurt.

IMO Pressley's pretty good.  They'll have Conner in camp, and Brooks to take snaps, but I don't see why Pressley wouldn't keep his job.  He's earned it.

computation is always a good thing and it will give a reason to find ways to improve is game so that he can keep his job.

Agree 100%.

They are experienced professionals. You aren't.

What does that have to do with anything? Both of them made bad calls. You don't have to be a professional to figure it out. When you're running all over a team but still elect to pass, then you screwed up. I don't care if it's me, you, or an NFL coach.

And you're just an overall shitty poster evidence by your reply to my post and the other entirely senseless, provoke enhanced responses to tons of other posters here.

You bring nothing to the board.

Of course a running game will help Dalton but not necessarily on the number of throws he needs to make but rather how critical and difficult the throws need to be.

For example, if a strong running game can keep us out of anything more than 5 yards on third down, Andy's chance of conversion is much higher.

In addition, if they can count on the running game to consistently move the chains, Dalton can take some deep chances on 1st or 2nd down. This creates situations of catching the D off guard or if it's not open he's not required to force a tight throw.

Archived