Gang:

I think I may be shopping for a new group to tailgate with starting in 2013.  There's nothing wrong with the group I currently hang with except for the fact that I really don't know many of them.  Last year, it seemed like it was just a bunch of folks older than me (I'm 50) sitting around in lawn chairs.  I would show up, six-pack in hand, I would literally stand around and drink a few of them before heading to the stadium.  Of the 20-30 people in this group, I think perhaps only three of four of them know me well enough to say "hello" when I arrive.

It really feels like I'm walking into my boring neighbor's house to watch them sit around their living room.

Back when I 'gated in Lot D, there were lots of friendly faces, engaging conversation, good natured ribbing of passing enemy fans... the food, beer, and camraderie flowed freely.  But in Lot 1 - it seems like the tailgate is full of "meh".

So.... does anyone want to adopt me for the upcoming season?  I can't speak for Le Tigre, but if I can make a convincing argument to him about having access to a group that excudes even a passably palpable "Gameday" attitude, I could probably bring him along too. 

Thanks!

-Amish

Well,  I'm staying in Lot 1, because that's where my passes are.   I hear that Brent might be keeping his tickets this year, so maybe he'll actually be around? 

Either way, you can stop by and see us.  You know you are always welcome. 

BTW. I don't "dislike" the Lot 1 folks - it's just that after a 3 hour drive I want to be pysched about hitting up the tailgate and look forward to a chance to mingle in an vibrant pre-game atmosphere.  Throughout 2012, the 'gate in Lot 1 was little more than a meet-up location for LT and I before heading into the game.  Heck, nobody even showed for the Ravens game. 

I don't get down there enough to even know where each lot is. I do know that my brother and I went down there one day and just started mingling with some folks. They ended up feeding us lobster and some sausage I can't remember the name of. Offered us some beer, chairs, everything. It was pretty cool for them to take us in for the pre game... never met em before that day.

Sooooo... if one would want to surf by one of the tailgates to say hi and out a face with a handle, how would the tailgates be identified?  There are lots in the lots, but how can the ones from here be identified?

btw... Amish... were you walking down 3rd street before one of the games last season in full Amish Mafia gear?  I think we saw you if that was you and not someone pretending to be you when they weren't.

Prolly not me, I typically park in Covington and either walk over on the bridge-that-is-unnamed-but-has-a-choo-choo or take the Tank Bus.  Heck, I don't even know where 3rd is, except maybe if I found 2nd or 4th first.

There are lots of us Amish types.  We're interchangable. 

Amish, I'll miss you and LTs enlightened discussion prior to game time. I saw a few more of the ultimate tailgate vehicles up for auction. Perhaps you and LT can do a roving tailgate party or get parking passes to setup a concrete meeting ground for Go Bengals board. Can we set up a custody agreement to get you one week and another a different week ? Custody payments in beer and Kentuckys finest bourbon.

Archived