Best Throw You Seen Dalton Make?

Rookie year, playing Pittsburgh at home, Dalton throws a bomb right down the middle toward two Steelers, I think Ryan Clark and Ike Taylor.  The ball looked to be picked, but AJ lietarlly flew up to get that pass, taking them both on in the middle of the endzone.  It sucks that he was hurt on that throw though which let him miss the following vs the Ravens, but I thought at that moment, He's gonna be more than just good.

Rookie year, playing Pittsburgh at home, Dalton throws a bomb right down the middle toward two Steelers, I think Ryan Clark and Ike Taylor.  The ball looked to be picked, but AJ lietarlly flew up to get that pass, taking them both on in the middle of the endzone.  It sucks that he was hurt on that throw though which let him miss the following vs the Ravens, but I thought at that moment, He's gonna be more than just good.

a great example of the fact that he's more accurate on the deep ball when Gruden rolls him out and gives him a clear path.  Dalton seems to have issues with the deep ball when he's in the pocket and is concerned about DLinemen tipping it.  He threw a perfect bomb to AJ who outjumped Clark and Polamalu.  

I thought that was over Troy, but that was an awesome play.

Forgot one.

Dalton threw a laser to Simpson between 3 Colt defenders on a sluggo route in the 2011 game.

He made the same throw to Simpson in the Denver game that went for about 80 yards.

Extra points goes for Simpson fighting for the additional yardage.

For my #1, I'd take the end of the 2nd Pitt game this past year, to AJ... Tough pass, had some zip on it, didn't have much of a window to fit in there, AJ was able to get OOB... And especially given the importance of the completion, that'd be my favorite.

I also liked the one vs. Washington where he hit Hawk in stride, and the Caldwell TD vs. Baltimore.

• 1 month later...

Archived