!!!THE BENGALS @ FALCONS PRESEASON GAME THREAD!!!

Things to note on that last Defensive stand:

Hunt was getting constant pressure, and chased down an athletic QB for a near-sack that led to an INT.  He's showing against second stringers, which bodes very well.

Dimanche - WOW.  That's what I saw on this kid's college tape. His speed, burst and ability to turn the corner and bend around the edge is lights out.  I'm going out on a limb and saying he makes the team.  This year's UDFA.

Nice catch by Tate.

I think Gio needs to stronger--he seems to go down every time he's touched. Sure could tell a difference when Peerman came in and was breaking tackles.

I believe that was the only knock on him coming out. I think he can get stronger in the lower body though to help with that.

Seeing Gio in a quasi real game, he's got a ways more than I thought

I dont think you are going to see him much running the ball up the middle this year. Probably needs to get a little more strength before he can be a force.

But I dont have any reason to believe he cant make a big impact on this team. He can definitely be a solid third down back and catching the ball out of the backfield. Definitely has the speed to break a few on tosses or screens or just passes out of the backfield.

Keep in mind also this quarter his blockers are 2nd string guys. Also his very first game. He'll be fine.

I think Gio is a little over-excited right now, and trying to do a bit too much. 

It's been a good learning experience for him so far.  Especially getting bowled over in pass blocking.  He needs to step up and meet his guy rather than wait to take him on, and I suspect we'll see that from now on.

The larger problem at this point is the O-Line blocking, both 1st and 2nd team. 

The back-ups on D, wow. I don't remember last time the 2nd unit looked that good for this team. Dre has been glue to whoever he is covering.  Hunt looked ridic good with the pressure. Oof. And Dimanche, wow. Fantastic. 

agree with you. This team is deep

Sharp looks good too. He is gonna be an NFL player imo

For those of you who are interested in measureables, here are Dimanche's:

Dates: 03/28/13 03/05/13@Northwestern
Height: 6004
Weight: 231
40 Yrd Dash: 4.53
20 Yrd Dash: 2.63
10 Yrd Dash: 1.52 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 24
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 11'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.26
3-Cone Drill: 7.19

Anyone seen/heard from Sean Porter? Looking forward to seeing him this half.

Following the LB's has been a little tough.  I've got a low quality feed and seeing numbers isn't easy.  It doesn't help that most of them are new, so I don't really even know who is which number....

I think Gio is a little over-excited right now, and trying to do a bit too much. 

It's been a good learning experience for him so far.  Especially getting bowled over in pass blocking.  He needs to step up and meet his guy rather than wait to take him on, and I suspect we'll see that from now on.

The larger problem at this point is the O-Line blocking, both 1st and 2nd team. 

Yeah, if I had one concern it would be that. Although as far as I can tell the biggest issues were Collins (who shouldnt be starting hopefully) and Cook. We need one of cook/robinson to step it up and take control of that position. I really dont want that to be a weakness this year.

Following the LB's has been a little tough.  I've got a low quality feed and seeing numbers isn't easy.  It doesn't help that most of them are new, so I don't really even know who is which number....

Yea. I scanned the 1st half stats and he's yet to register anything. I will be on it this half.

Archived