Off Season Thread 2013-14

BigDawgBengal

Kinda sad to see Arroyo go actually. Always took the ball every turn and would usually pitch fairly well.

Sure he would get blown up at times, but then he would go out and give you 7 innings of 1 run ball the next time.

Certainly going to miss his dependability, the guy was just never hurt.

I think he does well in their ballpark.

Big fan of Arroyo and hate to see him leave. He was an "inning eater".  But I also see it from the Reds point of view. This is a business and Arroyo's pitching style is better suited for Chase field. Wish him well....except when they are playing the Reds of course.

+1 to both.

And I'm going to miss that crazy windup, too...

• 3 weeks later...

Drew 7 walks in an 8-3 win against the Tribe, today!

Looks like at one point Hamilton walked, stole second and took third on a wild throw.  Brandon then walks. Joey Votto strikes out and Brandon gets thrown out.  Hope we cut that ish out ril quick.

Is there anyway to find stats on these guys during spring training?  I'm curious as to how Todd, Mes, and Billy are doing.

Frazier is 1 for 6 with 3 SO and 1 SB.
Mes is 1 for 7 with 1 RBI and 2 SO
Hamilton is 2 for 7 with 1 RBI 1 Walk and 1 SB.

I know spring training doesn't mean anything other than getting guys work in.  But it would be nice if they could win a game every now and then.

I think getting stomped on a bit might be just what they need. Let's find out who just wants the awards & accolades and who feels it when they lose. Also keep in mind that this is when they get to try that new pitch or concentrate on hitting curveballs & stealing bases, or work on other shaky areas of their game before any of it really counts.

A little humility and the slightest improvement team-wide would do wonders. There's been a lot of change. I think there's still plenty of talent but expect a slow start while Price & the other new coaches set their own course. We'll see.

Archived