The Patriots' scouting report on John Football?

http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/johnny-manziel-scouting-report-new-england-patriots/

On his family:

• From the vibe of online articles, father seems a little too involved and overstepping his boundaries.

• Vibe on this guy keeps getting worse. Support staff members are sick of him and ready for him to go. Described as a cocky, me-guy.

• Loves football, FBI is high as well. Everything has been pretty well-documented in online articles about the kid, but sources say he’s a spoiled brat (grandfather gives him allowance, father bought him luxury car).

• Comes from ‘outlaw bloodlines’, mom moved the family to Kerrville to get away from father’s wild family. Father’s family is said to be very shady people, always into something, they are the root of Johnny’s personality.

On his psyche:

• Couple of TXTC sources say can’t yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from Kingsbury in the past.

On his work ethic:

• Doesn’t study the game, said to know about 60% of the offense in ’12, never watches film; one source said only time he watched film during ’12 was before ALUN.

• Knows how to scheme the system, arrogant and full of himself, but he’s not smug to coaches. Has been like this since Day 1, has never gone to class, goes to beat of own drum, but has ultimate confidence.

On how his teammates view him:

• Teammates don’t dislike him, but there’s some resentment, more so in the offseason when he isn’t coming to workouts and they are busting their butt.

PFT article about it: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/12/patriots-league-not-talking-about-leaked-manziel-scouting-report/

NFL
Jimmy Haslam Reportedly Ordered Browns to Take Johnny Manziel Over Teddy Bridgewater at Last Second

By Ryan Glasspiegel 57 minutes ago

Johnny Manziel slipped in the first round of the Draft on Thursday, and, if a new report is accurate, was in stark danger of dropping even further. According to ESPN Clevelands Tony Grossi, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam ordered the team to take Manziel over Teddy Bridgewater at almost literally the last possible second:

A source told me that the card prepared to be given to Commissioner Roger Goodell for the official announcement in Radio City Music Hall originally had Bridgewaters name on it. Then with 10 seconds to go, a new card replaced it with the name of Johnny Manziel, as a result of owner Jimmy Haslams order.
A Browns spokesman (obviously) denied the report, but the circumstances are certainly plausible. During and after the Draft, we kept hearing that Haslam strongly coveted Manziel (as well as strong denials about the owners influence in the process). At the very least, its pretty fun to imagine that this all went down eschewing the $100k analytics study for the advice of a homeless man exactly as Grossi describes.

That scouting report was a fake most likely.  It was on a piece of paper with the OLD Patriots LOGO and didn't even have his measurables on it which is pretty laughable.

NFL
Jimmy Haslam Reportedly Ordered Browns to Take Johnny Manziel Over Teddy Bridgewater at Last Second

By Ryan Glasspiegel 57 minutes ago

Johnny Manziel slipped in the first round of the Draft on Thursday, and, if a new report is accurate, was in stark danger of dropping even further. According to ESPN Clevelands Tony Grossi, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam ordered the team to take Manziel over Teddy Bridgewater at almost literally the last possible second:

A source told me that the card prepared to be given to Commissioner Roger Goodell for the official announcement in Radio City Music Hall originally had Bridgewaters name on it. Then with 10 seconds to go, a new card replaced it with the name of Johnny Manziel, as a result of owner Jimmy Haslams order.
A Browns spokesman (obviously) denied the report, but the circumstances are certainly plausible. During and after the Draft, we kept hearing that Haslam strongly coveted Manziel (as well as strong denials about the owners influence in the process). At the very least, its pretty fun to imagine that this all went down eschewing the $100k analytics study for the advice of a homeless man exactly as Grossi describes.

You will move the 4th Panzer Divison to the western front.     My fuhrer, the 4th Division has been destroyed.

SHOOT HIM!  

Schwartz you will move the 4th Panzer Division immediately.    Yes, My Fuhrer right away!

That scouting report was a fake most likely.  It was on a piece of paper with the OLD Patriots LOGO and didn't even have his measurables on it which is pretty laughable.

Had to laugh at this followup:

Last night, Bill Belichick addressed the Johnny Manziel scouting report that we leaked online. One thing you’ll notice is that the Patriots head coach did not deny the report’s validity.

Via It Is What It Is:

“Well, with all due respect, I hate to admit this, but I don’t think I’ve been online in a couple days or weeks or whatever, so that’s not really an important thing to me,” he said. “I don’t even know what’s online, and what isn’t online, but I would say we probably have — I can’t even imagine — 10,000 pages of information. That’s a lot of information. There’s no way I’d sit up here and tell you that I’ve read it all. I’ve read a fraction of it, but we have a ton of information on all the players that are in the draft. What’s online, you should go talk to the geniuses that are online. I don’t know. MyFace, YourFace, InstantFace, go talk to whoever you want that does that stuff. I don’t know.”

So where does this leave us?

It leaves us with Scouting Report Truthers on our front lawn trying to piss holes in the report’s validity. I understand the doubt. A site named BroBible isn’t supposed to obtain this kind of information. When we do, people automatically assume it’s fake. So why don’t we go ahead and list all the reasons people think the document is a fabrication. It’ll be a fun, cathartic exercise and we’ll all be better off for having had the experience.

The logo is old. You’ve got me there. It is old. They changed the logo in July 2013, which is after this document was originally created. Dismissing it as a valid document based on that makes complete sense, too, because the first thing an NFL scout probably does when such a monumental organizational switch that has no bearing on his job occurs, is put a halt to scouting and go through all of his existing templates and documents to swap out the logo. 

Kliff Kingsbury is the coach of Texas Tech so the report is OBVIOUSLY bullshit. Yes, he is. Congratulations on another astute observation. Kingsbury is mentioned in the report, because he was also the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Texas A&M in 2012, the year Manziel won the Heisman and year in which the scouting report mentions him.

The Patriots official draft grades look different and more in-depth than those purported on the leaked report.  We never claimed the report was their FINAL DRAFT GRADE of Manziel. He visited New England in April, that information is no where on the document. Nor is anything after October of 2013. As Belichick said, “we have a ton of information on all the players that are in the draft.” Is it plausible that this is one piece of the final puzzle, from one scout’s computer, that went into Manziel’s final draft grade? We think so. Primarily because the unchangeable file path of the source document told us so.

We paid $5,000 for the report. We did not. In fact, the email sent to Barstool claiming we offered that amount was sent to them four hours before we ever made an offer, and two hours before we even knew the report was being shopped around.

Follow BroBible on Facebook

I laughed mainly because as someone who's worked in a company that changed ownership 3 times in the past 2 years, updating the logo on documents hasn't always been timely.

Johnny Football will be forgotten shortly after his career begins. A long line of failed QBs...

Bubba, Tim Couch jerseys were through the roof one year also. Even seen one last year at the annual Bengals Browns game. Amish made sure every person in Bengals nation knew this at the moment. Fun times.

You will move the 4th Panzer Divison to the western front.     My fuhrer, the 4th Division has been destroyed.

SHOOT HIM!  

Schwartz you will move the 4th Panzer Division immediately.    Yes, My Fuhrer right away!

Where is Wenck? Where is Heinrici? Where is the 9th Army?

Archived