At the tail end of my lunch break today I left a message for the commissioners office at the NFL. I received a call back from someone at the NFL about an hour ago. While he was receptive to what I was saying, he stated that based on the language of the contract between the NFL and DirecTV, the satellite provider was not obligated to offer Sunday Ticket to those who rent in homes and have landlords who refuse to offer DirecTV. I also mentioned that there are many homeowners who live in areas who cannot get satellite reception and that the NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV website offers nothing for those people. He said that DirecTV should be verifying that a homeowner can receive DirecTV before denying them the service.

It was good that the NFL actually called me back (Never thought they would), but it still seems like those of us who have had the service in the past and are being shut out this season are out of luck. Oh well, Go to Hell DirecTV, Go to Hell NFL, and Go to the Super Bowl Bengals (even though I can't watch)

P.S. I find it amazing that If i lived in Switzerland, I wouldn't have to think twice about being able to see my team play from within the confines of my own home, yet, here in AMERICA, I am told by the NATIONAL Football League that my options are slim and none.

I have heard rumors that there are other unsanctioned methods of viewing television & motion picture entertainment, possibly involving the internet.  Having exhausted the official channels in a good-faith effort I can see how a less-ethical person than myself might be tempted to investigate those options.  Of course, that would be stealing, and then I would feel responsible when the NFL went bankrupt as a result of my actions and all their employees had to live in cardboard boxes and eat gruel.

However, given the experience you've had, I must admit I understand the plight of these evildoers who insult America by watching programs without the express written consent of the National Football League, even as I condemn them for their heinous crimes.

I have heard rumors that there are other unsanctioned methods of viewing television & motion picture entertainment, possibly involving the internet.  Having exhausted the official channels in a good-faith effort I can see how a less-ethical person than myself might be tempted to investigate those options.  Of course, that would be stealing, and then I would feel responsible when the NFL went bankrupt as a result of my actions and all their employees had to live in cardboard boxes and eat gruel.

However, given the experience you've had, I must admit I understand the plight of these evildoers who insult America by watching programs without the express written consent of the National Football League, even as I condemn them for their heinous crimes.

I used those for many years, but lets face it, it pales in comparison to being able to watch it from the couch on your tv. I know, I know, hook the computer up to the tv. I've done it. Too blurry. The package was great. Sucks they decided to take it away.  

So what is the cost of a season of Sunday ticket compared to two tickets, parking, etc. for a game at the stadium?
Or a couple of season tickets etc?

Prob 1,600 for two upper deck seats.

Parking you can do $100 or less for a season if you walk more.

I thought about that, but I just don't think its a good idea to be making purchases with a credit card for illegal activity.

What's illegal about it? Tons of people use proxies and the NFL blackout rules are their problem. If youre paying for the service anyway I don't know where the law is being broken.

What's illegal about it? Tons of people use proxies and the NFL blackout rules are their problem. If youre paying for the service anyway I don't know where the law is being broken.

http://www.zdnet.com/us-court-rules-masking-ip-address-to-access-blocked-website-violates-law-7000019701/

I don't know what the consequences are but with my luck the feds would be knocking down my door Sept. 7th 1:00 PM.

Either way, I found an address that I can use. 

Prob 1,600 for two upper deck seats.

Parking you can do $100 or less for a season if you walk more.

I miscommunicated. I have had two season tics for years and know what they cost.

I have parked in the garage under Fountain Square or the one on Walnut almost directly across the street, more across the street from Ruby's old steak house and the current hoity toity restaurant for a flat $10 per game.  Do not mind the walk to and esp. from because it is a chance to stretch the legs and very little problem with traffic getting out and on the way home (I go straight down Columbia Parkway/Rt. 50 and do not hit the expressway at all).

I was asking what Direct TV costs.

I dare say less than a couple of decent tics.

I miscommunicated. I have had two season tics for years and know what they cost.

I have parked in the garage under Fountain Square or the one on Walnut almost directly across the street, more across the street from Ruby's old steak house and the current hoity toity restaurant for a flat $10 per game.  Do not mind the walk to and esp. from because it is a chance to stretch the legs and very little problem with traffic getting out and on the way home (I go straight down Columbia Parkway/Rt. 50 and do not hit the expressway at all).

I was asking what Direct TV costs.

I dare say less than a couple of decent tics.

Depends on the package and equipment.

I have their top tier package, a Genie and 3 other HD receivers with whole home DVR.  My monthly bill is about $186.  NFL Sunday Ticket is usually about $300 for the season.  You can do that in monthly payments or all at once.  I usually do all at once.

I got 1 club seat ticket to the Titans game on the 40 yard line, Bengals side, for about $250.

Depends on the package and equipment.

I have their top tier package, a Genie and 3 other HD receivers with whole home DVR.  My monthly bill is about $186.  NFL Sunday Ticket is usually about $300 for the season.  You can do that in monthly payments or all at once.  I usually do all at once.

I got 1 club seat ticket to the Titans game on the 40 yard line, Bengals side, for about $250.

yo.gif

Not that I would condone doing anything shady or borderline illegal, but there are services out there that will allow you to link to other sites but that will mask your IP address to make it appear as if it is coming from any geographic region or nation of your choosing.

The NFL sells a Sunday Ticket-esque package to folks living in Australia.

1335215296.jpeg

NFL Game Pass.  Here's the signup page:

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages

Alas, if you visit that site from the US or Mexico, you get cock-blocked.  If, however, you visit it from Australia or the UK or maybe Canada or (insert country here) it should work.  No idea what it costs.

Read this page.  Tell them Mully sent you:

http://help.unotelly.com/support/articles/24706-how-to-get-nfl-game-pass-and-watch-live-games-in-usa-canada-uk-and-ireland-without

There was a well-known loophole whereby people located in the Netherlands (and New Zealand I think) get gamepass free.  Instead of a Login button, there was simply a Launch button.  This worked for a while, but even with my VPN (CyberghostVPN) and several other measures, the gamepass webpage eventually figured out I was in Germany and I couldn't convince it otherwise.

So what I'm saying is that if you can convince gamepass that you are abroad when you pay, it might not remain that way throughout the season.  YMMV.

How did you do that ?

I called up because i can save alot of money by switching to fios and i told them i was thinking about cancelling and the offer they gave me wasnt great so i called up the next morning and told them that i wanted to stay with them but i would have to cancel if they werent able to come close to what fios was offering me so that rep was great and gave me half off sunday ticket max which is 163 and then gave me retention credits of 100$ and 60$ to offset the cost of sunday ticket since i told her I wanted to stay and I loved the sunday ticket package.  I live in Pittsburgh so if I didnt have sunday ticket it would be really hard to watch any of the bengals games here.

I called up because i can save alot of money by switching to fios and i told them i was thinking about cancelling and the offer they gave me wasnt great so i called up the next morning and told them that i wanted to stay with them but i would have to cancel if they werent able to come close to what fios was offering me so that rep was great and gave me half off sunday ticket max which is 163 and then gave me retention credits of 100$ and 60$ to offset the cost of sunday ticket since i told her I wanted to stay and I loved the sunday ticket package.  I live in Pittsburgh so if I didnt have sunday ticket it would be really hard to watch any of the bengals games here.

That's awesome !

Archived