2014/15 Off-season Moves

JC

• 2 weeks later...

I agree about Votto, but with Bailey it's not even about returning to form so much as it is waiting for him to actually develop into what we are paying for. From what I heard GM's, around the league were grumbling when we gave that contract to Bailey because it elevated the pay rate of what was seen as 2nd tier pitching talent.

IE we payed a 2nd starter (at best) like an ace and now we might lose our actual bonafide ace because of it.

I have to say I was excited when Jocketty first came here.. Less so when the cardinal fans seemed to be happy to see him leave, and now I am starting to see why,

I am going to cringe so fucking hard if we only end up getting a first round pick due to qualifying offer for him. Sell this dude and get some prospects asap. Wgaf that the all star game is in cincy.

It would take a shit load of things to go right for 2015 to actually be a playoff year.

I'm envisioning a decent little fire sale sometime this July.

Cueto is going to get $200 million MINIMUM.

Him and Chapman are no doubt gone by the deadline this year.

Let the rebuild begin. Sure wish we didn't have the Votto and Bailey contracts though, those hurt.

If they are not in the hunt in July that could (should?) happen.

They should trade them NOW while their values will be higher than in July. This team has no shot of being relevant this year their roster is shit. Only homers view this year as competitive.

I wouldn't go that far.  If Frazier and Devin build off last year and Joey and Jay bounce back they can be competitive.

Archived