2014/15 Off-season Moves

JC

I think Joey playing like he has in the past and knocking runners in when they get into scoring position will be enough for this team.  The amount of games they lost due to leaving runners on in scoring position was really the story of the season.  I don't know if the starting pitching will be the same, but adding a guy like Byrd that hits moderately well w/RISP and getting Joey to possibly do the same and I don't see why they can't challenge the Cards.  Every team in the division has its warts.  We have a good defensive team, now we just need to start scoring runs on a more consistent basis instead of in clusters.

As for the Reds, I don't understand what they're doing at all [...] Cincinnati could have gone all-in for 2015 or chosen to begin a rebuild. Instead, it has refused to make either choice.

That's what it looks like to me as well but WTF do I know.

For the Reds to have any real shot, Joey has to have another 2010 kind of year, Bruce have a 2013 kind of year, and Frazier and Mesoraco have a year like last year.

Bailey is going to be crucial too, I think.

This team is ran so much more poorly than the Bengals. It is depressing at this point. I'm ready for NFL training camp already because I know this reds season will be a complete waste of time.

I have been saying this for years. MB has had way more success than Castellini in the last few years, but people call for Mike Brown's head 5 seconds after each playoff loss, but say nothing about Castellini as they are in the playoff hunt each year and do nothing at the trade deadline and flounder.

It's hilarious that people want to make a comparison between the Bengals and the Reds

the NFL is set up for parity with the salary cap, you should be able to compete if you run even a mediocre front office.

MLB has no such luxury.

It's hilarious that people want to make a comparison between the Bengals and the Reds

the NFL is set up for parity with the salary cap, you should be able to compete if you run even a mediocre front office.

MLB has no such luxury.

The Reds are also ran stupidly. Their are proven models how to win with small market mentality. The Reds do half small market and half large market which means no chance of any sustained success ever. They worst move this team has made in 35 years is firing Wayne Krivsky. He had a plan and it was working. They bring Walt in and he has a couple good seasons with Waynes roster and then murders the farm system which is still garbage. Then hands out bad contracts to Votto, Phillips, Bailey, Marshall, Chapman, Ludwick and others. The team is bad and will be bad for the next 10 years.

MLB has no such luxury.

Which is why it's so important that the Reds be run smartly.  I can't say they have been.

Archived