Peerman targeted for cheap shot?

I wouldn't call it cheap but clearly a situation were rules needs to be adjusted.

Coverage teams do target blockers to take them out especially if it's in their lane etc.    The NFL changed rules to limit the size of wedge blocking return teams could do.

I think you need a corresponding rule that evens the field and says you can't launch to take out a blocker on returns. 

They are bullies. I don't feel sorry for this team. If you let yourself be bullied, so be it. But you get no sympathy for it. They beat our brains in year in and year out and face no consequences. Why should they stop?

Eh,  we got our shots in like usual.     The Bengals lost because they aren't clutch  as usual.  

The block by a Bengal sending a Steeler through the air was probably more cheap than the one on Peerman.

He was 2 feet away from Jones. That's just playing football. Its not like taking out peetman would change the game.

Do you know how far 2 feet is? He did run past pacman to hit Peerman so he must've thought so. The fans loved it even though it didn't contribute to the play.

If anything it should have been helmet to helmet no?

Looks like the helmet contact was incidental to me.  If you watch his left shoulder, it seems like he's leading with that, and the helmet contact is just based on the whiplash.    That's how I saw it.

At least we had some guys lay the wood to them too.   

Archived