stealers look like they'll sign Tate.

Tate has had some good games in Hou, behind a good line he can produce again I would think. He wont produce like Bell though.

Didnt realize he had been cut in Min though.

This may or may not be good news though as far as the health of Bell and their chances going forward.

Tate has had some good games in Hou, behind a good line he can produce again I would think. He wont produce like Bell though.

Didnt realize he had been cut in Min though.

This may or may not be good news though as far as the health of Bell and their chances going forward.

Having to sign an RB off the dust bin is good news to me.  Tate must be one kind of knucklehead though.  Dude played well at Houston, and THEY didn't want him back.  Cleveland signs then dumps him now Minn?  

Having to sign an RB off the dust bin is good news to me.  Tate must be one kind of knucklehead though.  Dude played well at Houston, and THEY didn't want him back.  Cleveland signs then dumps him now Minn?  

yeah having been dumped by 2 teams in 1 year is a red flag for a guy that did produce when Foster went down.

Bleacher Report:

The Steelers do not need a running back who averages 3.1 yards per carry. However, they do need one with Tate's experience. The two rookies have just 19 carries and 56 rushing yards between them this season. Neither know the intricacies of pass protection, nor do they have the receiving duties of a running back mastered.

The pass-protection aspect, especially as it relates to Saturday's game against the Ravens, might be the biggest reason why the Steelers chose to add a veteran running back to their roster. Baltimore's defensive front, led by linebackers Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil, has combined for 49 sacks this season.

Archived