Please Vote for The Wrights

In the NFL's Together We Make Football, please vote for The Wrights in the group category.

www.togetherwemakefootball.com

Bud Wright, the winningest coach in Indiana High School Football, was my History teacher and track coach (I was not allowed to play football due to an injury my older brother sustained at a Junior high football practice).

I think today (Sunday) is the last day to vote, so mods, please feel free to delete this post on Monday.

Thanks.

The Wrights didn't win, but they want to thank all those who took the time to vote for them and to let everyone know that they have enjoyed the journey.

The Boron Bobcats won the group voting and Christian won the individual voting.

The Wrights didn't win, but they want to thank all those who took the time to vote for them and to let everyone know that they have enjoyed the journey.

The Boron Bobcats won the group voting and Christian won the individual voting.

That sucks.  Not trying to be nosy or anything, just curious.  What kind of injury did your brother have that

(I'm guessing your folks) kept you from being allowed to play football? 

• 3 weeks later...
Update: Although the Wrights didn't win the trip to the Super Bowl, Colts owner, Jim Irsay, saw their story...and decided to send Coach Wright and one guest.

Also more info regarding me not being allowed to play football: To be fair to my parents there were other issues besides the potential for medical expenses for me. My father had had a stroke before I entered 7th grade and was unable to work...and he passed away a year later. My brothers and I all had paper routes, and we helped support the family. However, I did start running track my junior year and cross-country my senior year.

Archived