QB Rank: NFL starting quarterbacks ranked 1-32

One thing I never see with my eyes is Kenny's counter argument as to why he disputes Dalton's ranking.  

At the end of the day he'll place him slightly higher due to a homer bias but in the end he sees the same as the rest.   The only difference is Kenny enjoys turd polishing more than others.

I enjoyed that episode of mythbusters...

122831635218412580407401197_Dorodungo.jp

Well, I was able to trade Dalton to another team in a mock this past offseason. I'm proud of myself for trading Dalton and a 3rd to San Diego for Rivers. At the time Rivers was saying he wouldn't move to LA with the rest of the Chargers so it was mainly a salary dump from their point of view. But I did con them into believing that Dalton was about as good as Alex Smith and Derek Carr and probably better than Brock Osweiler. Nobody else wanted Gresham in free agency so we ended up re-signing him for a couple mil per year. Greg Hardy, Terence Knighton, and Brandon Graham were our main FA additions. We let Peko, Geathers, Maualuga, and Hall go and drafted Flowers and Lockett to start off the draft. 

So where do the ESPN insiders rank Dalton? 

Dalton and 3rd for Rivers is a steal.  

One thing I never see with my eyes is Kenny's counter argument as to why he disputes Dalton's ranking.  

At the end of the day he'll place him slightly higher due to a homer bias but in the end he sees the same as the rest.   The only difference is Kenny enjoys turd polishing more than others.

I don't think I've ever tried to polish you, have I?

Dalton and 3rd for Rivers is a steal.  

I thought so too. Chargers originally wanted Jeremy Hill along with Dalton but I refused so they settled for a 3rd round pick. They wanted to move on from Rivers and saved about 10 mil this year by acquiring Dalton. From their point of view, they have an adequate and relatively cheap QB, a rookie who will be cheap and should become a starter, and 10 mil of cap space to bring in a couple of better quality free agents. I think they signed Iupati or Hudson in the mock. They avoided having to franchise tag Rivers for 2016.

We extended Rivers for a bit less than Roethlisberger got on his new deal and more or less fitted him into Dalton's salary slot. Trading Dalton gave us 9.6 mil in dead money so we gave Rivers a bigger signing bonus and lower first year salary to spread the impact. I cut Peko and Geathers for cap reasons and was going to cut Leon Hall but was able to trade him to NE for Marcus Cannon. We signed Patrick Robinson and Shareece Wright to cheap deals as backup CBs but the plan was to go with Dennard and Dre as the starters. Hardy, Knighton, and Brandon Graham (new SLB) should help the front 7. We got AJ and Iloka signed to extensions and drafted Ereck Flowers, Tyler Lockett, and Tyler Kroft in the draft. I also took a couple of knuckleheads in Frank Clark and Justin Cox on day 3. So we felt pretty good about that offseason for the Bengals. But the Browns might have done better than us. They signed Suh and Maclin and traded for Matt Stafford. 

Ballers has been renewed so perhaps you'll get your wish. I think he'll be on somebody's roster this season.

Packers are said to be the latest team interested.

I'm guessing he gets a job soon as long as he's willing to play for peanuts.

Too many past examples of NFL teams lining up to buy cancer as long as it comes cheaply enough.

Archived