Mayock Top 100

Mayock's draft this morning has them taking Fuller.  Baltimore trading back to #15 and taking Doctson.  Coleman/Treadwell going in front of Bengals.

I'm really starting to think that may the best thing for us.  If we can get Ryan Kelly and walk away with Jaylon Smith (3rd round maybe?), I think we're set for a while.  Ryan Kelly will make everyone on the Oline better, he makes our RBs and our QB better as well.  As for Smith, ASSUMING, he comes back 100% in 2017, teaming him with Burfict makes our D great.  Taking one of the WRs would be ok, but they're the 3rd maybe even the 4th option in our offense. 

Many scouts are saying Ryan Kelly is vastly overrated and shouldn't go near the first round. Will Ryan Kelly be a plug and play guy -- and not equal any drop off or mistakes such that he's an upgrade over a guy with two years experience? I'm all for drafting a Center and upgrading the spot, but the question of whether that would happen with Kelly is legit.

And what's the price of taking a Kelly?

You don't upgrade in one of three or four spots that WOULD equal instant on-field performance. Obviously WR2 is a huge need, but if the Mock works out the way Mayock has it going I'd trade back and net another pick. For WR2, I'm perfectly happy with a number of guys who will go in the second round (Boyd, Shepard, etc). 

Many scouts are saying Ryan Kelly is vastly overrated and shouldn't go near the first round. Will Ryan Kelly be a plug and play guy -- and not equal any drop off or mistakes such that he's an upgrade over a guy with two years experience? I'm all for drafting a Center and upgrading the spot, but the question of whether that would happen with Kelly is legit.

And what's the price of taking a Kelly?

You don't upgrade in one of three or four spots that WOULD equal instant on-field performance. Obviously WR2 is a huge need, but if the Mock works out the way Mayock has it going I'd trade back and net another pick. For WR2, I'm perfectly happy with a number of guys who will go in the second round (Boyd, Shepard, etc). 

Just another data point - on ESPN former GM Bill Polian had him as his 4th rated player overall. He can also play G. 

With Zeitler on the last year of his deal and Bodine not exactly killing it, it's still unlikely... but also possible. 

Shawn Williams is bigger, faster, and healthier than Joseph. He knows the defense and has earned the opportunity to be a starter in the NFL. The fact that he couldn't start over Nelson or Iloka isn't an indictment on skill level as those are two of the best safeties in the NFL. I think Joseph will be a guy who gets a lot penalties and he's not big enough to play at LB, at 5'10 205lbs he would be eaten alive by NFL caliber offensive lineman if you asked him to help out in run support. Bucannon is 2 inches taller and 10 lbs heavier than Joseph, doesn't sound like much but it definitely helps when he's taking on those offensive lineman, besides we run a different type of defense than the Cards so I don't think that position exist in Guenther's defense. 

Yep, true about Williams (size and health for sure, not sure on speed), and I don't take issue that he didn't start here. I like what he has shown but to me, Joseph just leaps off the screen when you watch him. He's been a playmaker since he's been a freshman. 

And yeah, I get that he could get ungulfed in run support, but they said the same thing about Sanders and he managed to handle it well. I don't expect him to get chosen here but I'd love the pick because I think he's going to be a really, really good player. 

Unfortunately I'm hearing Pittsburgh is really high on Joseph.   They see him as a  star , the next Palomalu is guess. That's the last thing I wanna see. I don't want AJ Green or Eifert going over the middle with Joseph there. 

Going to be hard for him to do that when he has to worry about Fuller flying by him for 60 yard TDs.

Unfortunately I'm hearing Pittsburgh is really high on Joseph.   They see him as a  star , the next Palomalu is guess. That's the last thing I wanna see. I don't want AJ Green or Eifert going over the middle with Joseph there. 

Dude you act this guy is the boogeyman, he has flaws in his game like every other player. Pittsburgh keeps searching for the next Polamalu and they keep failing..without Dick LeBeau I doubt they will have the success they are looking for. If Joseph were this good he would be top 10 pick, like Jalen Ramesy..

I've read Oakland really likes him. But who the hell knows. 

Dude you act this guy is the boogeyman, he has flaws in his game like every other player. Pittsburgh keeps searching for the next Polamalu and they keep failing..without Dick LeBeau I doubt they will have the success they are looking for. If Joseph were this good he would be top 10 pick, like Jalen Ramesy..

he's better than Ramsey.  I don't get the hype with Ramsey.   He didn't make that many plays.  Just because he has prototype size . 

Joseph Is Better And SOmE SCOUTS WILL AGREE WITH That. 

I hope pittsburgh does draft him. I hope they trade up in front of us to take him and take 1 of Minnesota/Houston out of our way for WR.

Seriously I know. Joseph is a mystery cuz of his knee injury. Before the knee injury he wasn't considered a 1st rounder. People just like his potential but not much more than that to back it up.

he's better than Ramsey.  I don't get the hype with Ramsey.   He didn't make that many plays.  Just because he has prototype size . 

Joseph Is Better And SOmE SCOUTS WILL AGREE WITH That. 

Some scouts, like twitter scouts? Ramsey is an absolute monster and is the guy I'm actually fearful of a north team getting. I don't want him to find his way to Baltimore. Dude is a stud.

How is Ramsey a stud and Joseph not a stud?    Joseph has more career picks, makes more impact plays , has more ints, and is the harder hitter between the 2.    The only reason hes ranked so is he has prototype size.     Dude I've been watching the draft and playing scout since 1993.   I'm not to shabby at this shit.   

Archived