The Redeemer Speaketh!

UncleEarl

7 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Sigh... This is getting boring. It was the #1 link on Google for "adam jones settlement".

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/adam-jones-felony-charge-in-doubt-with-settlement-021217

Sorry I was off by $50K.

I guess you're implying that since we don't have the actual cancelled check that there was no settlement?  Child please. 

Sigh...This is getting boring.  There is no proof that she ever got a penny, but there is plenty of proof that she was upset when the DISTRICT ATTORNEY dropped the charges with out confering with her because she knew it would make it harder for her to extort anyt money from Adam.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/2/16/14632420/adam-jones-legal-punishment-nurse-civil-suit

Last week, the Cincinnati Enquirer learned the nurse in question, Tammy Hopkins, who Jones allegedly spit on, was upset by how Jones' case is being handled, and that she believes Jones is being let off easy.

Hamilton County prosecutor Joe Deters said Hopkins’ lawyer is "out of his mind.”

"My understanding is she wanted $200,000," Deters said. "I don't care what it's worth civilly. If she gets a million dollars, good for her, I don't care. But I'm not going to be her collection agency, and I'm not going to be part of that."

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The more Jones fucks up, the more MB gets to feel like a Very Good Person for not firing him.  So long as he keeps playing OK and doesn't do anything too terrible, it's win-win.  Besides which, the Bengals are thugs as far as the ESPNFL is concerned, with or without him.  Somebody has to be the thugs so they can punish one team & ignore the rest.

I've asked you this before with no luck so I'm assuming I'm going to get the same (lack of) answer, but I'll try again.

I've shown my side plenty of times and I will again with the actual facts of NFL suspensions, fines, etc. if needed. In which specific ways are we unfairly punished by the league in comparison with other teams??

If you want to say that analysts, ESPN, other sports news outlets, etc. paint us as the bad guy unnecessarily, I'd be fine with that. We aren't unfairly punished compared to other teams though, that just makes no sense. Burfict was suspended for repeatedly being a shit head, Adam Jones got ONE game for being arrested for the 13538th time, and other than that the NFL hasn't really given us any discipline lately. So where's all this shit happening that's so unfair?

10 hours ago, omgdrdoom said:

I've asked you this before with no luck so I'm assuming I'm going to get the same (lack of) answer, but I'll try again.

I've shown my side plenty of times and I will again with the actual facts of NFL suspensions, fines, etc. if needed. In which specific ways are we unfairly punished by the league in comparison with other teams??

If you want to say that analysts, ESPN, other sports news outlets, etc. paint us as the bad guy unnecessarily, I'd be fine with that. We aren't unfairly punished compared to other teams though, that just makes no sense. Burfict was suspended for repeatedly being a shit head, Adam Jones got ONE game for being arrested for the 13538th time, and other than that the NFL hasn't really given us any discipline lately. So where's all this shit happening that's so unfair?

OK, how 'bout this:

1.  Name another player that's received a first-time suspension of multiple games for a late hit.

2. Tell me why the Stealers coach caught on camera pulling a player's hair (!) had his fine dropped.

3. In the interest of player safety, why was the same ref crew assigned to the rematch game? (scheduled during Burfict's suspension, no less)

Bonus points if you can offer a reasonable explanation as to why Joey Porter is still in the league & was never disciplined after he & his posse mugged another player on camera, or why a Stealers player was allowed to very publicly make a death threat towards Burfict on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

We are punished more by indifference and a lack of "home town cooking" by the refs and the NFL...

I don't expect any breaks from the officials at this point, but could they at least not send us the same ref crew from a rivalry game that got violently out of hand the last time?  It's the refs job to keep it from getting to that point in the first place.  They punish the players, drop the fines on the coaches, then send us the same crew?  There's no defending that IMO.

They want the game to turn into a brawl, it's good for ratings, but they can't admit that so they build up a good NFL linebacker as some kind of psychopath & then punish him based on that perception.  Absolutely zero respect for Goodell's NFL AFAIC.

52 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I don't expect any breaks from the officials at this point, but could they at least not send us the same ref crew from a rivalry game that got violently out of hand the last time?  It's the refs job to keep it from getting to that point in the first place.  They punish the players, drop the fines on the coaches, then send us the same crew?  There's no defending that IMO.

They want the game to turn into a brawl, it's good for ratings, but they can't admit that so they build up a good NFL linebacker as some kind of psychopath & then punish him based on that perception.  Absolutely zero respect for Goodell's NFL AFAIC.

Exactly. The NFL is now the WWE and Burfict is the Black Hat. If he were a Stealer, he'd be embraced as a perfect example of "Stiller Futbawl"

18 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

Exactly. The NFL is now the WWE and Burfict is the Black Hat. If he were a Stealer, he'd be embraced as a perfect example of "Stiller Futbawl"

I've got more respect for the WWE.  They don't pretend to be something they aren't.

I don't disagree with what you two are saying but what's really sad is we have an owner who doesn't seem to care what anyone else thinks about him including the other league owners and a coach who supposedly has this magical reputation among his peers according to his defenders.  Yet both Mike and Marvin quietly bend over and take it up the ass from the NFL instead of fighting back.

Mike Brown ought to be calling other owners or even Roger himself and making waves.  And instead of standing on the sidelines clapping his hands with a dumbfounded look on his face Marvin should be trolling the Ref's on every missed call like you see from the other coaches.

57 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

And instead of standing on the sidelines clapping his hands with a dumbfounded look on his face Marvin should be trolling the Ref's on every missed call like you see from the other coaches.

I don't want him to go full Harbawww but when the refs are letting the other team headhunt your players it's time to throw a headset or two.

On 8/4/2017 at 6:54 PM, T-Dub said:

OK, how 'bout this:

1.  Name another player that's received a first-time suspension of multiple games for a late hit.

2. Tell me why the Stealers coach caught on camera pulling a player's hair (!) had his fine dropped.

3. In the interest of player safety, why was the same ref crew assigned to the rematch game? (scheduled during Burfict's suspension, no less)

Bonus points if you can offer a reasonable explanation as to why Joey Porter is still in the league & was never disciplined after he & his posse mugged another player on camera, or why a Stealers player was allowed to very publicly make a death threat towards Burfict on Twitter.

Hey sorry it's been a few days since I've had time to post. Thank you for answering, we don't need to go back and forth forever on this, I was just wondering if you had any examples since it doesn't seem like the Bengals get unfair treatment off the field to me (by the NFL, fuck the media that's an entirely different story).

1. There have been a few other times the league could have justifiably suspended Burfict for on the field antics. I feel like the multi-game suspension was setting a precedent, so whether you feel it's targeting the Bengals/Burfict, that's on you. Someone had to be the first, plenty of other teams had the 1st player suspended for X, Y, and Z, but I don't see you complaining that those teams are targeted unfairly by the NFL.

2, 3, 4. Yeah man, those were all bullshit things that I got mad about too. However, it happens all the time due to the NFL having highly subjective rules for basically everything. It's simply a case of you think they're conspiring and targeting while I think it's just them not being able to stay consistent due to being humans and having a subjective rulebook.

I think it's just fair to say we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm not saying the things you listed didn't happen, but I just don't believe they happened for the same reasons as you seem to believe. I don't think #1 is anything to get upset about though. If anything, James Harrison has been treated more unfairly by the NFL than Burfict has, does that mean the NFL is biased against the Stealers? No, I don't believe so. Burfict has a target on his back due to his aggressive play and his short fuse, not because the NFL has an unwarranted bias. Same with Harrison, the dude is fined constantly, "randomly" drug tested constantly, and the guy got fucking suspended for tackling a QB "too hard" lmfao.

If you're going to just flat out ignore witch hunts, fines, suspensions, and other things that the league has done to the Patriots and Stealers (teams you claim they conspire to help win games) just to prove your point, then I don't know what else I can tell you. If you ignore or brush off all of the things the NFL has done to the Pats/Stealers and ONLY focus on how we've been screwed, of course it's going to look like they're biased! Take the orange glasses off and take an objective look at the league and you may see things differently. Or maybe not, but that's my take.

21 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Hey sorry it's been a few days since I've had time to post. Thank you for answering, we don't need to go back and forth forever on this, I was just wondering if you had any examples since it doesn't seem like the Bengals get unfair treatment off the field to me (by the NFL, fuck the media that's an entirely different story).

1. There have been a few other times the league could have justifiably suspended Burfict for on the field antics. I feel like the multi-game suspension was setting a precedent, so whether you feel it's targeting the Bengals/Burfict, that's on you. Someone had to be the first, plenty of other teams had the 1st player suspended for X, Y, and Z, but I don't see you complaining that those teams are targeted unfairly by the NFL.

2, 3, 4. Yeah man, those were all bullshit things that I got mad about too. However, it happens all the time due to the NFL having highly subjective rules for basically everything. It's simply a case of you think they're conspiring and targeting while I think it's just them not being able to stay consistent due to being humans and having a subjective rulebook.

I think it's just fair to say we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm not saying the things you listed didn't happen, but I just don't believe they happened for the same reasons as you seem to believe. I don't think #1 is anything to get upset about though. If anything, James Harrison has been treated more unfairly by the NFL than Burfict has, does that mean the NFL is biased against the Stealers? No, I don't believe so. Burfict has a target on his back due to his aggressive play and his short fuse, not because the NFL has an unwarranted bias. Same with Harrison, the dude is fined constantly, "randomly" drug tested constantly, and the guy got fucking suspended for tackling a QB "too hard" lmfao.

If you're going to just flat out ignore witch hunts, fines, suspensions, and other things that the league has done to the Patriots and Stealers (teams you claim they conspire to help win games) just to prove your point, then I don't know what else I can tell you. If you ignore or brush off all of the things the NFL has done to the Pats/Stealers and ONLY focus on how we've been screwed, of course it's going to look like they're biased! Take the orange glasses off and take an objective look at the league and you may see things differently. Or maybe not, but that's my take.

Yep.  The NFL/ESPN is currently in a witch against Tom Brady for a concussion he or may not have had LAST YEAR.  The players are grown men, its their job to play as violently as possible within the rules of the game.  Most of the time, Burfict achieves just that. However, on the occasion he does not, he is going to suffer from it just like everyone else in the league.  That's on him.  

3 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Yep.  The NFL/ESPN is currently in a witch against Tom Brady for a concussion he or may not have had LAST YEAR.  The players are grown men, its their job to play as violently as possible within the rules of the game.  Most of the time, Burfict achieves just that. However, on the occasion he does not, he is going to suffer from it just like everyone else in the league.  That's on him.  

Deflategate was the most absurd witch hunt I've seen in my life. It gets the fans going though and got ratings so I guess mission accomplished.

The same people that think 1 out of 12 footballs being 2 PSI underinflated made the Patriots win are some the same people who think Andy Dalton throwing 0.02 of a second faster than another guy is "masking our pass-protection deficiencies" though, so it's not surprising to me to see that a lot of people just need irrelevant things to "prove" their points.

34 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

Deflategate was the most absurd witch hunt I've seen in my life. It gets the fans going though and got ratings so I guess mission accomplished.

The same people that think 1 out of 12 footballs being 2 PSI underinflated made the Patriots win are some the same people who think Andy Dalton throwing 0.02 of a second faster than another guy is "masking our pass-protection deficiencies" though, so it's not surprising to me to see that a lot of people just need irrelevant things to "prove" their points.

The whole Deflategate issue was driven by the other owners who felt that Roger cozied up to Kraft and New England during Spygate.  Roger took a lot of heat over Spygate over how that was handled and wasn't going to go thru it again.  Except it backfired and the only loser in that fiasco was Roger the clown himself. 

21 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

The whole Deflategate issue was driven by the other owners who felt that Roger cozied up to Kraft and New England during Spygate.  Roger took a lot of heat over Spygate over how that was handled and wasn't going to go thru it again.  Except it backfired and the only loser in that fiasco was Roger the clown himself. 

I'd have a really hard time saying Roger was the only loser whenever an NFL team lost draft picks and the best QB of all time for 4 games due to a suspension an entire year later. How they finished the season has nothing to do with them still being losers in the situation where it was a clear witch hunt.

10 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

I'd have a really hard time saying Roger was the only loser whenever an NFL team lost draft picks and the best QB of all time for 4 games due to a suspension an entire year later. How they finished the season has nothing to do with them still being losers in the situation where it was a clear witch hunt.

I agree it was the other owners that led the charge.  Belichick had been pulling little BS for a while and the owners were pissed.  I remember Jerry Jones going on TV right after they announced the loss of draft picks and saying how the owners supported the Commish and that he did the right thing.  I think Kraft was blindsided by the suspension.  I think he thought he took the bullet and it was over.  Just another example of mismanagement by Goodell.  He thought for sure Brady would negotiate and accept a game suspension, but when he told Goodell to FO the Commish was boxed in a corner.  Incompetence. 

17 minutes ago, omgdrdoom said:

It had everything to do with how they finished the season.  Roger forced by the owners wanted to take NE out of the running for another SB title and it backfired. 

4 minutes ago, westside bengal said:

It has everything to do with how they finished the season.  Roger forced by the owners wanted to take NE out of the running for another SB title and it backfired. 

But that's in hindsight.

The GOAT QB serving a 4 game suspension and an NFL team losing quality draft picks is not a good thing (for them). I'm not going to explain that any further, it's pretty obvious without having 20/20 hindsight vision.

I'm not sure how you guys can call it a witch hunt . The Colts complained so the NFL had to investigate. Alas 11 of the 12 balls were exactly 2lbs per square inch under. The Patriots still would have crushed them imo , but cheating is cheating. Ironically a story is out now with Tarik Glen talking about how the colts cheated for Peyton Manning. Where there is smoke there is fire, so if Burfict's reputation is warranted that he is a bad guy and shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt on questionable hits etc, then nor should the Patriots for cheating. Btw, I actually like the Patriots.A little long winded but again my point is, don't see how it's a witch hunt when there was clearly lots of smoke.

12 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I think Kraft was blindsided by the suspension.  I think he thought he took the bullet and it was over.  Just another example of mismanagement by Goodell.  He thought for sure Brady would negotiate and accept a game suspension, but when he told Goodell to FO the Commish was boxed in a corner.  Incompetence. 

Incompetence on Kraft's part, not Goodell.  Kraft and Brady were the ones who thought they could go to court and win everything, and they turned out to be wrong.

The defaltion of ball made no difference in the game where they were busted, but I believe it had a lot to do with the fact that players never fumble when they play for the Pats, and then fumbled more when they played for other teams.

It makes a difference or else there would not be any ruls regarding the proper pressure to inflate balls.

The Poats are cheaters and they got caught.  They got punished worse for a minor infraction because Brady and Kraft thought they were above the law and tried to fight and cover up instead of just accepting their punishment.

The Patriots would still be one of the best teams in the league if they did not cheat, but they would not cheat if they did not think it would give them an advantage.  So it is hard to say what effect the cheating has had on their record over the years.

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

I'm not sure how you guys can call it a witch hunt . The Colts complained so the NFL had to investigate. Alas 11 of the 12 balls were exactly 2lbs per square inch under. The Patriots still would have crushed them imo , but cheating is cheating. Ironically a story is out now with Tarik Glen talking about how the colts cheated for Peyton Manning. Where there is smoke there is fire, so if Burfict's reputation is warranted that he is a bad guy and shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt on questionable hits etc, then nor should the Patriots for cheating. Btw, I actually like the Patriots.A little long winded but again my point is, don't see how it's a witch hunt when there was clearly lots of smoke.

Nah. Just 1 of them was.

Archived