2017 Play off Picture

11 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

You can't actually believe that. I am a big Gio fan but I don't even think he's better than Mixon. That's crazy talk.

Yeah, but you see teams around the league use two backs more efficiently that we do (New Orleans is the first that comes to mind).  Gio is still one of our best playmakers and can't hardly get on the field.  A lot of that is due to the offense not being able to sustain drives, but Lazor needs to do better managing that.

3 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Coincidental that the offensive line is finally showing they can put an effort together that appropriately supports him? 

Also, as was pointed out in the game thread, they lined up and ran a bunch from the I, with Hewitt actually paving the way for him. A lot fewer of the sweep plays out to the perimeter with the entire line being expected to pull *and* block. 

For those who live and die by, and also claim our position players have been underachieving, I implore you to PLEASE invest time in looking into just how, precisely, football games are won and lost. Hint:it typically involves the really large fellas that start each play right around the ball.

Is this the point where I supposed to pretend Cleveland is actually trying to win games?  I mean everyone is aware they are tanking the season,..right?

42 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Is this the point where I supposed to pretend Cleveland is actually trying to win games?  I mean everyone is aware they are tanking the season,..right?

Players don't "tank"....management does. They may not be any good, but the players are giving there all. 

2 minutes ago, tzan said:

Players don't "tank"....management does. They may not be any good, but the players are giving there all. 

Ok, let me rephrase it: Is this the point where I am supposed to pretend a team that's second to last win was on December 13, 2015 fucking matters?  They have won 2 games  in 2 years.  They SUCK.  Their defense mailed it in.

52 minutes ago, SF2 said:

And this is the part where I push back saying they aren’t tanking. 

You know what, fuck that. I can’t prove they aren’t anymore than you can prove they are. 

So, let’s just stick to the analysis of what we actually saw on the field today. Back to the conversation...

5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Ok, let me rephrase it: Is this the point where I am supposed to pretend a team that's second to last win was on December 13, 2015 fucking matters?  They have won 2 games  in 2 years.  They SUCK.  Their defense mailed it in.

Their defense against the run was ranked sixth in the league entering today. You realize that, right?

19 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

And this is the part where I push back saying they aren’t tanking. 

You know what, fuck that. I can’t prove they aren’t anymore than you can prove they are. 

So, let’s just stick to the analysis of what we actually saw on the field today. Back to the conversation...

Ok,  let's analyze it.  The Browns have won 1 game in 23 months.  They are a terrible team and organization.  We played exactly how we should have played against a bad team, which is a good thing.

3 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

So those teams should be racking up rushing yards against them, right?

No, those teams are facing 8-man fronts and run blitzes because everyone in the stadium knows those teams are going to keep running it regardless.   All they have to do is stay inbounds and not turn it over.

25 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

No, those teams are facing 8-man fronts and run blitzes because everyone in the stadium knows those teams are going to keep running it regardless.   All they have to do is stay inbounds and not turn it over.

Well, they’ve only lost by 2+ scores half of their games this year, so I’m not entirely sure your theory of how all of their games have transpired is entirely accurate. What’s more, I’m pretty sure you’re not all that sure about it either.

9 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Well, they’ve only lost by 2+ scores half of their games this year, so I’m not entirely sure your theory of how all of their games have transpired is entirely accurate. What’s more, I’m pretty sure you’re not all that sure about it either.

That's cute.  I'm pretty sure you're cherry-picking a single stat from a demonstrably shit team and trying to extrapolate that into the Bengal's OL turning the corner. 

Sorry but no sale.

Just now, T-Dub said:

That's cute.  I'm pretty sure you're cherry-picking a single stat from a demonstrably shit team and trying to extrapolate that into the Bengal's OL turning the corner. 

No more than your gross generalization doesn’t do enough to totally cement your point. Go ahead, further research your claim and prove my intuition wrong.

I’m simply looking at the fact that today, the Browns played us tighter than they should have been able offensively and still struggled to slow down Mixon and Bernard on the other side of the ball. 

I am am not claiming they have turned a corner, but am looking for some hope. Is that such a terrible fucking thing?

Just now, thezerawkid said:

No more than your gross generalization doesn’t do enough to totally cement your point. Go ahead, further research your claim and prove my intuition wrong.

I’m simply looking at the fact that today, the Browns played us tighter than they should have been able offensively and still struggled to slow down Mixon and Bernard on the other side of the ball. 

I am am not claiming they have turned a corner, but am looking for some hope. Is that such a terrible fucking thing?

My extensive research says they suck.  They haven't won a game.  They are terrible.  Beating them proves only that we are slightly less terrible than them.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other...

17 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Alright, as dubious as it is considering my discussion partner, I’ll take that as a win.

Thanks for stopping by and contributing the permeating perspective, T.

Hey you bet, thanks for getting all kinds of ass-injured about it.   Enjoy your Kool-Aid.

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

Cleveland has the #10 defense in the NFL.

I have never seen anyone work so hard to shit on the Bengals as you do SF2.  When the facts don't support your argument then you just go to "pretend" mode.

Seriously man, it is possible to be critical of the Bewngals without going through the mental gymnastics you do to prove that EVERY facet of the team is the worst in the league.

You actually gety upset when they do something good.  That is just sad.

12 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Cleveland has the #10 defense in the NFL.

I have never seen anyone work so hard to shit on the Bengals as you do SF2.  When the facts don't support your argument then you just go to "pretend" mode.

Seriously man, it is possible to be critical of the Bewngals without going through the mental gymnastics you do to prove that EVERY facet of the team is the worst in the league.

You actually gety upset when they do something good.  That is just sad.

Probably don't need to pile on, but...

correct.

Archived