Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turningpoint

2017 Play off Picture

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

You can't actually believe that. I am a big Gio fan but I don't even think he's better than Mixon. That's crazy talk.

Yeah, but you see teams around the league use two backs more efficiently that we do (New Orleans is the first that comes to mind).  Gio is still one of our best playmakers and can't hardly get on the field.  A lot of that is due to the offense not being able to sustain drives, but Lazor needs to do better managing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thezerawkid said:

Coincidental that the offensive line is finally showing they can put an effort together that appropriately supports him? 

Also, as was pointed out in the game thread, they lined up and ran a bunch from the I, with Hewitt actually paving the way for him. A lot fewer of the sweep plays out to the perimeter with the entire line being expected to pull *and* block. 

 

For those who live and die by, and also claim our position players have been underachieving, I implore you to PLEASE invest time in looking into just how, precisely, football games are won and lost. Hint:it typically involves the really large fellas that start each play right around the ball.

Is this the point where I supposed to pretend Cleveland is actually trying to win games?  I mean everyone is aware they are tanking the season,..right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Is this the point where I supposed to pretend Cleveland is actually trying to win games?  I mean everyone is aware they are tanking the season,..right?

Players don't "tank"....management does. They may not be any good, but the players are giving there all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tzan said:

Players don't "tank"....management does. They may not be any good, but the players are giving there all. 

Ok, let me rephrase it: Is this the point where I am supposed to pretend a team that's second to last win was on December 13, 2015 fucking matters?  They have won 2 games  in 2 years.  They SUCK.  Their defense mailed it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Is this the point where I supposed to pretend Cleveland is actually trying to win games?  I mean everyone is aware they are tanking the season,..right?

And this is the part where I push back saying they aren’t tanking. 

 

You know what, fuck that. I can’t prove they aren’t anymore than you can prove they are. 

 

So, let’s just stick to the analysis of what we actually saw on the field today. Back to the conversation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Ok, let me rephrase it: Is this the point where I am supposed to pretend a team that's second to last win was on December 13, 2015 fucking matters?  They have won 2 games  in 2 years.  They SUCK.  Their defense mailed it in.

Their defense against the run was ranked sixth in the league entering today. You realize that, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

And this is the part where I push back saying they aren’t tanking. 

 

You know what, fuck that. I can’t prove they aren’t anymore than you can prove they are. 

 

So, let’s just stick to the analysis of what we actually saw on the field today. Back to the conversation...

Ok,  let's analyze it.  The Browns have won 1 game in 23 months.  They are a terrible team and organization.  We played exactly how we should have played against a bad team, which is a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Ok,  let's analyze it.  The Browns have won 1 game in 23 months.  They are a terrible team and organization.  We played exactly how we should have played against a bad team, which is a good thing.

👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Their defense against the run was ranked sixth in the league entering today. You realize that, right?

 

They're 30th in points allowed.  Teams are going up by 2-3 scores and running out the clock.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

They're 30th in points allowed.  Teams are going up by 2-3 scores and running out the clock.  

So those teams should be racking up rushing yards against them, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

So those teams should be racking up rushing yards against them, right?

 

No, those teams are facing 8-man fronts and run blitzes because everyone in the stadium knows those teams are going to keep running it regardless.   All they have to do is stay inbounds and not turn it over.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

No, those teams are facing 8-man fronts and run blitzes because everyone in the stadium knows those teams are going to keep running it regardless.   All they have to do is stay inbounds and not turn it over.

 

 

Well, they’ve only lost by 2+ scores half of their games this year, so I’m not entirely sure your theory of how all of their games have transpired is entirely accurate. What’s more, I’m pretty sure you’re not all that sure about it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Well, they’ve only lost by 2+ scores half of their games this year, so I’m not entirely sure your theory of how all of their games have transpired is entirely accurate. What’s more, I’m pretty sure you’re not all that sure about it either.

 

That's cute.  I'm pretty sure you're cherry-picking a single stat from a demonstrably shit team and trying to extrapolate that into the Bengal's OL turning the corner. 

 

Sorry but no sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T-Dub said:

 

That's cute.  I'm pretty sure you're cherry-picking a single stat from a demonstrably shit team and trying to extrapolate that into the Bengal's OL turning the corner. 

No more than your gross generalization doesn’t do enough to totally cement your point. Go ahead, further research your claim and prove my intuition wrong.

 

I’m simply looking at the fact that today, the Browns played us tighter than they should have been able offensively and still struggled to slow down Mixon and Bernard on the other side of the ball. 

 

I am am not claiming they have turned a corner, but am looking for some hope. Is that such a terrible fucking thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thezerawkid said:

No more than your gross generalization doesn’t do enough to totally cement your point. Go ahead, further research your claim and prove my intuition wrong.

 

I’m simply looking at the fact that today, the Browns played us tighter than they should have been able offensively and still struggled to slow down Mixon and Bernard on the other side of the ball. 

 

I am am not claiming they have turned a corner, but am looking for some hope. Is that such a terrible fucking thing?

 

My extensive research says they suck.  They haven't won a game.  They are terrible.  Beating them proves only that we are slightly less terrible than them.

 

Hope in one hand and shit in the other...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, as dubious as it is considering my discussion partner, I’ll take that as a win.

 

Thanks for stopping by and contributing the permeating perspective, T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

Alright, as dubious as it is considering my discussion partner, I’ll take that as a win.

 

Thanks for stopping by and contributing the permeating perspective, T.

 

 

Hey you bet, thanks for getting all kinds of ass-injured about it.   Enjoy your Kool-Aid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

 

Hey you bet, thanks for getting all kinds of ass-injured about it.   Enjoy your Kool-Aid.

I’ll let that hang out there further proving my earlier point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

I’ll let that hang out there further proving my earlier point.

 

You're not "letting" anything, dude. The only point you're proving is that you take this shit way, way too seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

 

You're not "letting" anything, dude. The only point you're proving is that you take this shit way, way too seriously.

How’s that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

How’s that?

 

Go back and reread the thread.  You decided to get insulting because people disagreed with you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

 

Go back and reread the thread.  You decided to get insulting because people disagreed with you.  

Not so much until you called me “cute.” How’s a body supposed to respond to that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SF2 said:

Ok, let me rephrase it: Is this the point where I am supposed to pretend a team that's second to last win was on December 13, 2015 fucking matters?  They have won 2 games  in 2 years.  They SUCK.  Their defense mailed it in.

Cleveland has the #10 defense in the NFL.

 

I have never seen anyone work so hard to shit on the Bengals as you do SF2.  When the facts don't support your argument then you just go to "pretend" mode.

 

Seriously man, it is possible to be critical of the Bewngals without going through the mental gymnastics you do to prove that EVERY facet of the team is the worst in the league.

 

You actually gety upset when they do something good.  That is just sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the way I see it.... to some on here..

 

the Bengals have now played 5 games that didn't matter and 6 that they shit to bed and they are the worst team ever... right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fredtoast said:

Cleveland has the #10 defense in the NFL.

 

I have never seen anyone work so hard to shit on the Bengals as you do SF2.  When the facts don't support your argument then you just go to "pretend" mode.

 

Seriously man, it is possible to be critical of the Bewngals without going through the mental gymnastics you do to prove that EVERY facet of the team is the worst in the league.

 

You actually gety upset when they do something good.  That is just sad.

Probably don't need to pile on, but...

 

correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...