The Official Stealers vs Bengals Game Thread...

Rodney Harrison once again showed his love for the bengals, calling the no call on the OPI a great no call. Pretending like he wouldn't have bitched up a storm if that was him getting blocked with the ball in the air. Said you'll never get that call. Probably refering to the bengals. He said that you can block on the line, which would've been fine if he stayed on the line and not block 3 or 4 yards up field so bitch could slant under. It wouldn't have worked if he stayed on the line and furniture throwing bitch caught it in the backfield. That's why I don't watch any of these games since I know it's almost always going to end like that. That was the only play I watched on youtube to see how fucked we got.

And I read here that Geno got a defensive holding call despite probably being held all game. 

31 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Rodney Harrison once again showed his love for the bengals, calling the no call on the OPI a great no call. Pretending like he wouldn't have bitched up a storm if that was him getting blocked with the ball in the air. Said you'll never get that call. Probably refering to the bengals. He said that you can block on the line, which would've been fine if he stayed on the line and not block 3 or 4 yards up field so bitch could slant under. It wouldn't have worked if he stayed on the line and furniture throwing bitch caught it in the backfield. That's why I don't watch any of these games since I know it's almost always going to end like that. That was the only play I watched on youtube to see how fucked we got.

And I read here that Geno got a defensive holding call despite probably being held all game. 

Yeah, was just thinking about the 7 consecutive losses to them. That's really insane when you think about it. No way that should really ever happen w/o a little outside help. No way, no how. Our overall talent level has been pretty much equal or better in the majority of those 7 games.

BAD ... Officiating

STEALers winning TD was on an illegal pick that should have been called...

th-18.jpeg

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/10/14/reactions-did-officials-miss-pick-Stealers-touchdown-vs-bengals/1643062002/

Worth a click... Carlos comments on pick play

With 15 seconds left on the clock and the Cincinnati Bengals ahead of the Pittsburgh Stealers 21-20 Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium, Stealers wide receiver Antonio Brown cut behind teammate Justin Hunter and caught a short slant pass from Ben Roethlisberger that turned into an untouched game-winning 31-yard touchdown strike. 

So, with the game on the line, how did Brown get so wide open for the game-winner? 

Bengals cornerback Tony McRae was lined up directly in Hunter's face in the slot when Brown came in motion close to Hunter. With the snap, Brown immediately darted inside of Hunter, who kept McRae locked up in a block that allowed Brown to fly away uncovered. 

That sequence of events was a big topic of discussion after the game. 

"Yeah, that's what they're good at," said Bengals defensive end Carlos Dunlap. "They're good at running picks and rubs and stuff like that and we let them do it again." 

It's a common tactic across the NFL to try and create space for wide receivers by crossing over the middle through traffic. 

The NFL rulebook states: "It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball." 

Hunter started blocking McRae one yard beyond the line of scrimmage, but replay shows that Hunter continues his block further downfield when the ball is in the air, and the NFL rulebook goes on to say that, "Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference. 

"It is also pass interference by the offense to block a defender beyond the line while the pass is in the air if the block occurs in the vicinity of the player to whom the pass is thrown." 

Bengals safety Jessie Bates said, "They picked the nickel guy. It was pretty much like a screen play. It was cover zero," with the Bengals bringing an all-out blitz. 

Had a penalty been called, it not only would have negated the touchdown, but it likely would have pushed the Stealers to the edge of field-goal range. 

22 minutes ago, schotzee said:

First time I noticed the money tucked in there. Lol. 

Actually, me too.

I was so bummed last night when I got home that I promised myself I was going to avoid the board and media for a day just to allow myself some time to step back from the ledge.  Just seeing how many guys were hurt and out but I did see on the field that the Squeels were playing against Fedj, Nickerson and some cornerback I never heard of.

But to lose on a BLATANT uncalled for penalty and see Burfict may be suspended for a shot that I'm sure hurt him more than the furniture move and others (Mixon?) for a fight after the game... Total bullshit.

I honestly think there was some sort of agreement between the refs or from the league to just let them play the game.  So much holding on the line and in the passing routes on seemingly almost every play.  One play the Squeel d back never turned around to even look for the ball and went into the Bengals receiver's face.

If we are half way healthy, the Kansas City game could be a revenge game where they rip the shit out of them.

Also, look for the next Pittsburgh game to be fixed, I mean, flexed.

5 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Actually, me too.

I was so bummed last night when I 

I honestly think there was some sort of agreement between the refs or from the league to just let them play the game.   

I strongly agree with this part of your post. Exactly what I was thinking. Let us not forget Tomlin recently bitching about all the penalties. That fine they slapped on him probably just to make it look good. I'm sure old Roger will take care of it all.

We lost because we allowed Ben to sit comfortably in the pocket and complete 70% of this passes for 369 yards with NO ints. We also allowed James Conner to rush for 111 yards on 19 carries or 5.84 yards per carry.  8-14 on third downs (57%) is a brutal stat for your defense considering the league average is around 40%.

On the flip side your best WR can not drop easily catch-able passes that END drives and when given an opportunity to play you can't shit the bed like Core did. 

Oh and John Ross is this decade's Chris Perry.  At least Perry wasn't a single digit pick 

Gee...what did the SNF game last night have in common with the Stealers/Bengals game? 

I know!  Poor clock management by the losing team!  The Chiefs scored quickly and gave a HOF QB plenty of time to drive his team into FG range and kill the clock.  Just like the Bengals.  One reason why both Andy Reid and Marvin Lewis haven't won shit.

It's not enough to just score.  You have to manage the clock as well.  It's the difference between winning big games and losing them. 

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

We lost because we allowed Ben to sit comfortably in the pocket and complete 70% of this passes for 369 yards with NO ints. We also allowed James Conner to rush for 111 yards on 19 carries or 5.84 yards per carry.  8-14 on third downs (57%) is a brutal stat for your defense considering the league average is around 40%.

On the flip side your best WR can not drop easily catch-able passes that END drives and when given an opportunity to play you can't shit the bed like Core did. 

This. The Bengals can point fingers anywhere they like but they lost because of the guys they are seeing in their mirrors this morning. The defensive line got ZERO pressure on Roethlisberger and let their top two WR have triple digit days, allowed 100+ to their RB including two TDs and toss in 12 receptions by their TEs. The fix isn't in. The Bengals got beat ONCE AGAIN by a team who took them to school. Plain and simple.

Our DL was getting held, cut-blocked and outright tackled on just about every play.   Don't whine about the refs?  OK, fair enough, but don't whine about the DL either.  We can agree to focus on the dropped passes, the dropped INTs, the clock management that anyone who has played Madden twice would understand..  Cool, plenty of blame to go around.  Just saying, our all-pro DL didn't just roll out of bed yesterday and decide to suck. There's a reason they disappeared and it's not because the Steeler OL is just so golly-gee awesome.

I think it's painfully obvious that games are being called differently in favor of high scores.  The best DL in history would struggle under these conditions. We can argue about how that inflates the bias of a human official making judgement calls or whether it benefits some teams more than others, but to deny it's happening at all is kind of silly IMO.  

Let's just say Austin has done a really poor job of adjusting to this new reality and the roster he has been given.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Oh and John Ross is this decade's Chris Perry.  At least Perry wasn't a single digit pick 

That's not fair to Chris Perry, he had some really good games when he wasn't sidelined.  

Archived