AAF Scouting

AAF adds a new wrinkle to the offseason with some veteran guys getting extended looks. 

noextrapoints.com

QB

Christian Hackenberg is the starter for the Memphis Express. He, and they, didn't show well week 1. Hackenberg was on the Bengals practice squad for much of last season and in camp with Callahan and the Raiders

Luis Perez is the starter for the Birmingham Iron. I have a strong belief he ends up on our offseason roster. He was with the Rams last training camp and preseason. They won and he went 19/33 for 252 yards

56 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

AAF adds a new wrinkle to the offseason with some veteran guys getting extended looks. 

noextrapoints.com

QB

Christian Hackenberg is the starter for the Memphis Express. He, and they, didn't show well week 1. Hackenberg was on the Bengals practice squad for much of last season and in camp with Callahan and the Raiders

Luis Perez is the starter for the Birmingham Iron. I have a strong belief he ends up on our offseason roster. He was with the Rams last training camp and preseason. They won and he went 19/33 for 252 yards

Hackenberg, Jets 2nd round pick in 2016.  Earned $2.7 mil and has never thrown a pass.  Jets sent him to Oakland 2 years later.  Less than a month later he was cut.  Philly picked him up, less than a month later, gone.   Only 2nd rounder in 2016 not to play a game.  In fact, 253 were drafted in 2016, only 17 of them never played in a game.  The highest pick on that list by 3 rounds or 120 picks is Hackenberg.  This guy must be all kinds of bad. 

Might as well make a AAF sub category or something. I think this league will be very successful. This upcoming weekends games should draw higher ratings. Last week most people didn't even know about it. Some intriguing matchups coming up too.

I think San Antonio is my favorite team but man I really like seeing Spurrier do what he's always done. 

5 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Might as well make a AAF sub category or something. I think this league will be very successful. This upcoming weekends games should draw higher ratings. Last week most people didn't even know about it. Some intriguing matchups coming up too.

I think San Antonio is my favorite team but man I really like seeing Spurrier do what he's always done. 

I think they are messing up on 3 things.

1) stats are hard to find

2) no fantasy

3) I think these games are going to be too hard to find. They should stream some. I don't think any will be on regular tv this weekend. 

9 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think they are messing up on 3 things.

1) stats are hard to find

2) no fantasy

3) I think these games are going to be too hard to find. They should stream some. I don't think any will be on regular tv this weekend.

They are all streamed live on YouTube and the AAF app.

Yeah idk what's up with the stats, I guess box scorers not in the budget yet?  

All the players shoulder pads are chipped so that on the fantasy app the little icons on ur phone screen move in real time with the players on the field. I haven't downloaded their app yet. Perhaps that is where all the stats are for now?  

Maybe their not releasing stats at this moment for some reason???

5 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

They are all streamed live on YouTube and the AAF app.

Yeah idk what's up with the stats, I guess box scorers not in the budget yet?  

All the players shoulder pads are chipped so that on the fantasy app the little icons on ur phone screen move in real time with the players on the field. I haven't downloaded their app yet. Perhaps that is where all the stats are for now?  

Maybe their not releasing stats at this moment for some reason???

You get right out of town.

Can you provide links. That's awesome. 

You can get stats at noextrapoints.com

16 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

You get right out of town.

Can you provide links. That's awesome. 

You can get stats at noextrapoints.com

Links to what? 

AAF app probably just type AAF into Google play store. If u use iPhone I highly recommend throwing it away and getting a galaxy. 😁😁😁😁

For live YouTube streams just type in AAF in search box, it'll come up. 

14 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Story on Luis Perez. He is so new to football that his ceiling is completely unknown. 

https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/aaf-2019-how-luis-perez-gave-up-on-professional-bowling-and-youtubed-his-way-to-learning-quarterback/

Great article. Thanks for posting. 

14 hours ago, OU_Stripes said:

They have a unique brand of fantasy playable on the app, and they're pushing it hard.  It's play-call oriented instead of purely statistical.

Is it like those old game thingies in the bar where you tried to call the next play?  I fucking loved that thing. You could double down every few times for double points and make more points if you called the correct side of the field.  It was a blast. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Is it like those old game thingies in the bar where you tried to call the next play?  I fucking loved that thing. You could double down every few times for double points and make more points if you called the correct side of the field.  It was a blast. 

As far as I am aware, that's exactly what it is.  It's a probabilistic system in which the fantasy player predicts the play call (to some reasonable degree of specificity i.e. run or pass, direction, ball carrier/receiver, field depth, etc) with scoring payouts relative to the probabilities.  I haven't actually tried it, but that's my understanding.

50 minutes ago, OU_Stripes said:

As far as I am aware, that's exactly what it is.  It's a probabilistic system in which the fantasy player predicts the play call (to some reasonable degree of specificity i.e. run or pass, direction, ball carrier/receiver, field depth, etc) with scoring payouts relative to the probabilities.  I haven't actually tried it, but that's my understanding.

The problem I see is so many people stream games now and there is quite a bit of delay between live play vs when those of us cord cutters actually see it on our devices.  

Tomorrow's early game between Birmingham and salt lake will be on TNT network. 

Also Spurrier takes the Apollo's to San Antonio. I predict Apollo's win big and game will be a near sell out. 

We should create a alt pro basketball league. NBA has been putting me to sleep for years now. 

Take away the no defense rules. Play 2 halves instead of 4 qtrs.  Add a midcourt shot as 4 pointer. 

Got like $6k to invest.😁😔 Who's with me? Let's make it happen. 

5 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Tomorrow's early game between Birmingham and salt lake will be on TNT network. 

Also Spurrier takes the Apollo's to San Antonio. I predict Apollo's win big and game will be a near sell out. 

We should create a alt pro basketball league. NBA has been putting me to sleep for years now. 

Take away the no defense rules. Play 2 halves instead of 4 qtrs.  Add a midcourt shot as 4 pointer. 

Got like $6k to invest.😁😔 Who's with me? Let's make it happen. 

I hate the nba and assumed it was because of how much scoring is up and how bad the play seems. I was right. This year every team is averaging over 100 points a game. Five years ago the top 17 teams were.  10-13.  20-7. 

When teams have eighty points at halftime I’m completely uninterested. 

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

I hate the nba and assumed it was because of how much scoring is up and how bad the play seems. I was right. This year every team is averaging over 100 points a game. Five years ago the top 17 teams were.  10-13.  20-7. 

When teams have eighty points at halftime I’m completely uninterested. 

When every shot is either a step back 3 or your best player running an iso the game becomes predictable and boring. Saw a high school game yesterday. Half the shots were 3s. Kids missed about 15 layup/layins. 

The NBA is a horrible product. The rules are only part of it. The worst part is how the star players run the show. The best team next yr will be the team that gets to top free agents to come. What hope do the teams not in major markets have? Building through the draft does little for you. The Warriors are good because Durant went there

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

The NBA is a horrible product. The rules are only part of it. The worst part is how the star players run the show. The best team next yr will be the team that gets to top free agents to come. What hope do the teams not in major markets have? Building through the draft does little for you. The Warriors are good because Durant went there

The Warriors were GREAT before Durant went there. Now it’s a fore gone conclusion they will win another championship probably in 5 games or less. 

That is the beauty of the NFL, A dumpster fire of a team in 2016 can make it to the Super Bowl in 2018.  That shit never happens in the NBA unless LeBron goes to a team in the East. At his age, probably done making that happen as well. 

On 2/13/2019 at 10:59 PM, Catfish Bob said:

Links to what? 

AAF app probably just type AAF into Google play store. If u use iPhone I highly recommend throwing it away and getting a galaxy. 😁😁😁😁

For live YouTube streams just type in AAF in search box, it'll come up. 

I don't think they are being streamed like you said they were. 

Archived