2021 AFC North Playoff Picture (and Real-Time Week 18 Playoff Speculation)

My God what an asshole franchise Indy is. Their spoiled rotten fanbase never appreciated 10-6 seasons with Peyton, and they couldn't beat the stealerz in 2006 to stop the most tainted championship* in sporting history.   

I'm kinda glad those miserable cunts are on the outside looking in. Losers. 

AFC-E update:

BUF 13-7 NYJ (HT)

MIA 17-7 NEP (3Q 12:39)

If BUF win and NEP loses, we will play:
RAIDERS if they beat Los Angeles
PATRIOTS otherwise

If the AFC East games hold, the playoff pairings will be:

Chargers win: (eliminates LVR)

1/TEN (bye)
7/PIT at 2/KCC

6/LAC at 3/BUF

5/NEP at 4/CIN

Raiders win: (eliminates LAC)

1/TEN (bye)
7/PIT at 2/KCC

6/NEP at 3/BUF

5/LVR at 4/CIN

Chargers/Raiders tie: (eliminates PIT)

1/TEN (bye)

7/LVR at 2/KCC

6/LAC at 3/BUF

5/NEP at 4/CIN

5 hours ago, saphead said:

My God what an asshole franchise Indy is. Their spoiled rotten fanbase never appreciated 10-6 seasons with Peyton, and they couldn't beat the stealerz in 2006 to stop the most tainted championship* in sporting history.   

I'm kinda glad those miserable cunts are on the outside looking in. Losers. 

I live here.... an hour south of Indy.

I have no love for the Colts - their fans have enjoyed the spoils of the Manning/Luck eras with only one truly "bad" season in between... as a Bengal fan, it's hard to suffer a fanbase who haven't paid the dues that I have.

Don't dislike the team, just the entitled attitude of their fans, the fact that they booed Andrew Luck off the field when his retirement for health reasons was announced, and of course their awful sterile stadium.  I hate to do this to everyone, but you REALLY need to take in a game at Lucas Oil - preferably a preseason game so don't have to deal with as many Colt fans as you might - just so you can appreciate how modern, and how SHITTY, the new "family-friendly" NFL is hoping to become.

The stadium..... sucks.  It's like watching a football game in a shopping mall.   Sure, it's comfortable. It's like you're in your living room.  Only worse.... if you have to take a leak, unlike at PBS, the urinals in the men's restrooms on the 100 level do not have privacy dividers between them.  I guess the guys in Indy enjoy checking each other out, not that there's anything wrong with that. I just never thought they'd turn a men room into a dating pickup place. 

But setting that aside, the entire atmosphere of the fucking place is just juvenile.  Every break in play is accompanied by some on-field personality doing some minor-league schtick, "Hey Colts Fans! It's Kelly! I'm here in the North End Zone with Tom and Mary Sixpack from Muncie and they're here to play NAME THAT COLT!" or "Hey Colts Fans! I'm Tom, and I have a very special announcement. Today is Billy Bumlicker's SIXTH BIRTHDAY and he's here to watch the Colts WIN!" or "Hey Colts Fans! It's Kelly again, and I'm with Rufus Meatgrinder from Terre Haute and we're gonna play COLT PLINKO!"

Or they have their mascot run around in a golf cart shooting t-shirts into the stands.

Or they play awful rap music and challenge the dome camera operators to find the ONLY black family in the lower bowl to see if they're dancing.

And the last time I was there, to confirm their status as amateurs, the Colts fans did the wave.

I swear to god - it's like being at a minor league baseball game. And the fans - holy smokes - they're the worst. They've been spoiled with nearly 20 consecutive years of Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, with only the single "Suck For Luck" transition year. They're entitled. They're spoiled. They think they're toughened but complain if the roof is open and it's not 73 degrees. And when Luck announced his retirement - they booed.  

Classy.  Luck deserved better than to wear blue.

This is what you apparently get when you build an indoor stadium for an outdoor sport.

Can't stand them. I root for the Colts to lose every week that they're not playing Pittsburgh, or if them winning helps my team. But in general, Fuck Colts Fans.

7 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

I live here.... an hour south of Indy.

I have no love for the Colts - their fans have enjoyed the spoils of the Manning/Luck eras with only one truly "bad" season in between... as a Bengal fan, it's hard to suffer a fanbase who haven't paid the dues that I have.

Don't dislike the team, just the entitled attitude of their fans, the fact that they booked Andrew Luck off the field when his retirement for health reasons was announced, and of course their awful sterile stadium.  I hate to do this to everyone, but you REALLY need to take in a game at Lucas Oil - preferably a preseason game so don't have to deal with as many Colt fans as you might - just so you can appreciate how modern, and how SHITTY, the new "family-friendly" NFL is hoping to become.

The stadium..... sucks.  It's like watching a football game in a shopping mall.   Sure, it's comfortable. It's like you're in your living room.  Only worse.... if you have to take a leak, unlike at PBS, the urinals in the men's restrooms on the 100 level do not have privacy dividers between them.  I guess the guys in Indy enjoy checking each other out, not that there's anything wrong with that. I just never thought they'd turn a men room into a dating pickup place. 

But setting that aside, the entire atmosphere of the fucking place is just juvenile.  Every break in play is accompanied by some on-field personality doing some minor-league schtick, "Hey Colts Fans! It's Kelly! I'm here in the North End Zone with Tom and Mary Sixpack from Muncie and they're here to play NAME THAT COLT!" or "Hey Colts Fans! I'm Tom, and I have a very special announcement. Today is Billy Bumlicker's SIXTH BIRTHDAY and he's here to watch the Colts WIN!" or "Hey Colts Fans! It's Kelly again, and I'm with Rufus Meatgrinder from Terre Haute and we're gonna play COLT PLINKO!"

Or they have their mascot run around in a golf cart shooting t-shirts into the stands.

Or they play awful rap music and challenge the dome camera operators to find the ONLY black family in the lower bowl to see if they're dancing.

And the last time I was there, to confirm their status as amateurs, the Colts fans did the wave.

I swear to god - it's like being at a minor league baseball game. And the fans - holy smokes - they're the worst. They've been spoiled with nearly 20 consecutive years of Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, with only the single "Suck For Luck" transition year. They're entitled. They're spoiled. They think they're toughened but complain if the roof is open and it's not 73 degrees. And when Luck announced his retirement - they booed.  

Classy.  Luck deserved better than to wear blue.

This is what you apparently get when you build an indoor stadium for an outdoor sport.

Can't stand them. I root for the Colts to lose every week that they're not playing Pittsburgh, or if them winning helps my team. But in general, Fuck Colts Fans.

Of course, if there was a more sterile environment than the Luke…it was its predecessor the RCA ( or whatever television company) Dome. 

My wife still reminds me that I ragged some schmuck in a Troy P jersey there a long time ago. All it was: “Seriously…at a Bengal-Colt game?”. 

Downtown Indy did have some great eateries though. Still, you shared them with Tom and Mary from Muncie. 😄

By the way, if anyone cares about my speculation regarding the dates/times for the Wild Card games, here it is:

1 - There are two primetime slots... Sunday Night 8pm (NBC) and Monday Night 8pm (ESPN).  The league will decide which games go there, but it's certain to be the two games they think are the most "valuable" from a ratings perspective.  It's gotta be Pittsburgh-Kansas City for one, and Dallas (who looks to be hosting Arizona or the Rams) for the other.  Since the league views Sunday as the more "premium" of the two, I'm penciling PIT-KCC for SNF and TBD-DAL for MNF.

2 - CBS gets the Super Bowl, so FOX is likely to get to choose which game they will protect first.  They have their choice of Tampa or the NFC W champion's home game - hard to see them passing on Tom Brady.  FOX selects Tampa vs (probably) Philly

3 - CBS will then get to select from Cincy or the AFC-E champ (looking like Buffalo).  The Bills will get the Chargers/Raiders winner (probably), we will get New England (probably).  I think our game is sexier.  CBS selects Cincy.

4 - NBC gets to pick next from the two remaining games... NFC-W champ or Bills.  Tos815s up, so I figure they'll take the NFC-W team, since the NBC game is already contracted to be the 8pm Saturday game, and a west coast game at night in the east makes more sense.  This leaves the Bills game for CBS.

5 - Both of CBS's games are contracted for 4:30 on Sat/Sun, and with both in the Eastern Time Zone (CIN/BUF), it comes down to the visiting team.  I think the league will insist that Buffalo (who seems certain to be hosting a west-coast team) play later in the week - on Sunday.  Which puts the Bengals home game on Saturday... particularly if we play the Pats.  If the Pats play Buffalo instead of us, swap CIN/BUF.

So.... my guess for the weekend's games are:

Schedule:

SATURDAY 4:35 (CBS) - at Cincinnati

SATURDAY 8:15 (NBC) - at NFC-W (LA Rams or Arizona)

SUNDAY 1:05 (FOX) - at Tampa Bay

SUNDAY 4:40 (CBS) - at Buffalo

SNF 8:15 (NBC) - at Kansas City

MNF 8:15 (ESPN) - at Dallas

12 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

By the way, if anyone cares about my speculation regarding the dates/times for the Wild Card games, here it is:

1 - There are two primetime slots... Sunday Night 8pm (NBC) and Monday Night 8pm (ESPN).  The league will decide which games go there, but it's certain to be the two games they think are the most "valuable" from a ratings perspective.  It's gotta be Pittsburgh-Kansas City for one, and Dallas (who looks to be hosting Arizona or the Rams) for the other.  Since the league views Sunday as the more "premium" of the two, I'm penciling PIT-KCC for SNF and TBD-DAL for MNF.

2 - CBS gets the Super Bowl, so FOX is likely to get to choose which game they will protect first.  They have their choice of Tampa or the NFC W champion's home game - hard to see them passing on Tom Brady.  FOX selects Tampa vs (probably) Philly

3 - CBS will then get to select from Cincy or the AFC-E champ (looking like Buffalo).  The Bills will get the Chargers/Raiders winner (probably), we will get New England (probably).  I think our game is sexier.  CBS selects Cincy.

4 - NBC gets to pick next from the two remaining games... NFC-W champ or Bills.  Tos815s up, so I figure they'll take the NFC-W team, since the NBC game is already contracted to be the 8pm Saturday game, and a west coast game at night in the east makes more sense.  This leaves the Bills game for CBS.

5 - Both of CBS's games are contracted for 4:30 on Sat/Sun, and with both in the Eastern Time Zone (CIN/BUF), it comes down to the visiting team.  I think the league will insist that Buffalo (who seems certain to be hosting a west-coast team) play later in the week - on Sunday.  Which puts the Bengals home game on Saturday... particularly if we play the Pats.  If the Pats play Buffalo instead of us, swap CIN/BUF.

So.... my guess for the weekend's games are:

Schedule:

We are pretty close. I dispute the “sexiness” of NE. While pushing Buffalo out to Sunday may make more sense from the ratings standpoint, putting the west coast audience into the Saturday 4:30 slot could make sense. 

Personally—from an in-stadium attending standpoint, I would be all over the 4:30pm Saturday spot. There and back to Central Ohio at a somewhat reasonable time, with a recovery Sunday, is by far better than 8:15pm—especially that Monday Night thing. Sunday 1:05pm would be the best, but Tommy rules the slot there so it’s a bridge too far. 

4 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Schedule:

First top and foremost... THANK YOU!!!

for all the time thought and effort you have put into this all along with the running updates.

VERY appreciated and WAY above my pointed little head.

I certainly hope your very educated guess about the dates and times are correct.

I start a brand new project with a brand new team under me (God help them)

Monday morning and would hate to go in after not getting home until midnightish.

And my son does, indeed, have Covid so I don't know where that is going or even

if I, too, will catch it.  

Whatever, thank you for everything.

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

We are pretty close. I dispute the “sexiness” of NE. While pushing Buffalo out to Sunday may make more sense from the ratings standpoint, putting the west coast audience into the Saturday 4:30 slot could make sense. 

Personally—from an in-stadium attending standpoint, I would be all over the 4:30pm Saturday spot. There and back to Central Ohio at a somewhat reasonable time, with a recovery Sunday, is by far better than 8:15pm—especially that Monday Night thing. Sunday 1:05pm would be the best, but Tommy rules the slot there so it’s a bridge too far. 

I'm not saying NEP is sexy.  I'm saying that CBS will pick us because Burrow and Chase and the Bengals are sexy.  :)

Fish win.  Bills will win.  Top 4 seeds are set:

1-TEN 2-KCC 3-BUF 4-CIN

For tonight:

1/TEN (bye)
7/PIT at 2/KCC

6/LAC at 3/BUF

5/NEP at 4/CIN

1/TEN (bye)
7/PIT at 2/KCC

6/NEP at 3/BUF

5/LVR at 4/CIN

1/TEN (bye)

7/LVR at 2/KCC

6/LAC at 3/BUF

5/NEP at 4/CIN

3 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Negatron.  MIA forces a fumble, Defensive TD.   Fish win.

Seeds: 1-TEN 2-KCC 3-BUF 4-CIN

If Chargers win tonight:  5-NEP 6-LAC 7-PIT

If Raiders win tonight: 5-NEP 6-LVR 7-PIT

If they tie: 5-NEP 6-LAC 7-LVR

We play the Patriots.

How did that change? You previously said this?

1/TEN (bye)
7/PIT at 2/KCC

6/NEP at 3/BUF

5/LVR at 4/CIN

2 minutes ago, AmishBengalFan said:

Fish win.  Bills will win.  Top 4 seeds are set:

1-TEN 2-KCC 3-BUF 4-CIN

For tonight:

1/TEN (bye)
7/PIT at 2/KCC

6/LAC at 3/BUF

5/NEP at 4/CIN

1/TEN (bye)
7/PIT at 2/KCC

6/NEP at 3/BUF

5/LVR at 4/CIN

1/TEN (bye)

7/LVR at 2/KCC

6/LAC at 3/BUF

5/NEP at 4/CIN

So now you're saying we might not get the Patriots afterall?

Archived