The Bengals O-Line scheme change that stopped the sacks i keep talking about.

cool video breakdown of it someone made.

out the window now with collins gone, unless adeniji can step into that role.

PS: as you see, the scheme is set up to make collins the scape goat at all time, sort of explains his numbers, if anyone beats the line the outside man on face side beats him from the further spot.... thats the gameplan.

22 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Buffalo would know this and scheme for a breakdown.in it..

Pollack will counter with a move.

I enjoy oline play in games..

Tks for sharing..

well thats the thing, you cant scheme around it, its got the built in failure, sort of like its designed to fail, but fail in a predictable way. thats planned for with the play calls and so on.

and any attempt to be brash and overload one side or whatever with burrow kind of makes it easier to win the play with a hot route or whatever.

its basically the "this is the best we can slow a pass rush" and you live with the results.

this has been going on for quite some time. over a month. even the video is from 5 weeks ago.i think it starter vs atl or carolina.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The Athletic had a piece on Collins today and Callahan was quoted as saying he liked that Collins would fail in pass protection in a predictable way. Nobody could bull rush him, they just had to run around him to the outside. 

Talk about a backhanded compliment 

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The Athletic had a piece on Collins today and Callahan was quoted as saying he liked that Collins would fail in pass protection in a predictable way. Nobody could bull rush him, they just had to run around him to the outside. 

Throw in the fact that Burrow can step up in the pocket this year and it can be managed.  Last year stepping up was not an option.

On 12/28/2022 at 12:22 PM, sparky151 said:

On 12/28/2022 at 2:46 PM, T-Dub said:

Talk about a backhanded compliment 

yea... thats what the scheme change was about. failing to the best case scenario, giving the most time and the same type of fail if failing.  not a backhanded compliment, literally by design. there are only so many all pro level game changing pass rushers, and collins and jonah face them 6 times or more.

the staff was smart enough to know the "youre not gonna beat me" mindset was a bit foolish considering some of the talent headed our way on the edge all season..

so the "if you beat me its gonna be like this" scheme was put into place.

and joe is good when he knows whats happening, as we all know

I'm not convinced changing thr OL scheme to "let's expect our RT to get consistently pantsed" is quite that super-duper awesome.  File it under making chicken salad out of chicken shit. Impressive, but surely it would be better to not have chicken shit to work with in the first place.

Either way it sure puts the PFF circlejerk around Collins in perspective.

Archived