2023 NFL Draft thread

34 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I don't understand it either but I hope he drops to us.

Because he's primarily a right tackle. I know he moved to the left and played 13 games there last year, but he's played mostly, including this year, on the right side. Nobody drafts a right tackle that high. I would not hate this pick for us at all as he is good and it fits a need.

My "bucket" of 1st rounders so far that I think could be there is in no order

Joey Porter Jr (ill take him then vomit about his dad)

Darnell Wright

Michael Mayer

I'm sure Ill add to that as I do more analysis, but those 3 right now are the guys I'd be pretty happy to get.

Washington is a 2nd rounder. I'd be happy to take him in 2, he'd be an upgrade to Drew Sample.

Mayer IMHO is the only complete TE that is a receiving threat and can block. Lots of other guys that can do either or though.

I think I firmly disagree with you on Washington in 2nd round. He absolutely could be in first now. He's killing it at the combine in everything.  And that size as a blocker at TE would be fantastic for the Bengals to go with his red zone presence etc. 

46 minutes ago, membengal said:

I think I firmly disagree with you on Washington in 2nd round. He absolutely could be in first now. He's killing it at the combine in everything.  And that size as a blocker at TE would be fantastic for the Bengals to go with his red zone presence etc. 

Combine means less than tape.

Archived