Rams Week And A Day

6 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Simple answer:  We don't have a dynamic offense.  We have a shotgun passing offense which already *greatly* limits our options.  We rely on an elite QB and elite WR's for this to succeed.  The 49ers on the other hand have TWO absolute horses running the ball, taking wildcat snaps, draws, under center play action runs, etc etc etc.  We simply require someone other than Zac designing the offense for anything to ever change here.

A positive note (on here?) is that we have dynamic wide receivers

who can and do make incredible plays.  This includes Tyler Irwin.

With the quick hit, short and medium stuff with Browning as qb

could surprise a lot of people.

• Upvote 1

From everything we've seen the past couple of days  it seems to me Joe isn't going to play.  He had that intense look on his face in the presser yesterday (where he's usually pretty relaxed) and he's been quoted as saying things like "it might not be up to me" etc.  

I'll also agree with others that if they really were paring down the playbook to accommodate Joe's calf, that's a stupid approach.  Sit him and let him heal until he can play.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

If he does start I think it's more on Taylor & Callahan to put together a game plan he can run effectively.  The weapons are there but can the OL execute well enough to make them effective?

More to the point, if they can't, don't we have bigger problems than Joe's muscle strain?

They need to stop expecting him to be Superman out there. Sure he needs to play like an MVP but the rest of the offense has got to step it up around him. Shitting the entire bed just because he's at 75% is not acceptable.

How much confidence do you have that Taylor&Callahan will actually do that? Me, not so much. I don’t believe they are capable enough to do so effectively. 

2 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Simple answer:  We don't have a dynamic offense.  We have a shotgun passing offense which already *greatly* limits our options.  We rely on an elite QB and elite WR's for this to succeed.  The 49ers on the other hand have TWO absolute horses running the ball, taking wildcat snaps, draws, under center play action runs, etc etc etc.  We simply require someone other than Zac designing the offense for anything to ever change here.

Complete agree. Extremely limited offense given the pieces to work with. Zero imagination. Zero plays to counter the defenses strategy. Instead, they succumb to the defensive scheme and react to it. That’s why we see what we see and hear what we hear. Apparently no other team in the nfl faces a Tampa 2 aside from the Bengals. 

22 minutes ago, Griever said:

“Joe, I know you’re going to want to play but let’s think about long term here. I know it’s MNF but let’s get that calf back to 100%. Let’s allow Jake to cook for a week or two.  Reminds me of last week when my Lumina had a slow leak causing a semi flat tire. Sure, I could have pushed through and drove anyways but I had to think what was best. I advise you to do the same Joe” 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

The game plan and play calling needs to protect Burrow if they know he's only %50-75 healthy...don't call so many pass plays if he's showing you he can't plant and throw with accuracy and timing...run the damn ball. I was watching how Kyle Shannan, the best offensive coach in the NFL, protects Brock Purdy and puts him in manageable situations that make it easier for him to have success and wonder why can't we do the same for Joe. 

that team is built for that offense, like why they have a top TE and a WR playing running back its build for a safe QB, same reason he wanted jimmy G before, they run a just dont fuck it up offense. we are not built for that nor can you change your offense mid season, small changes, sure, but we are built for a top 5 QB doing top 5 QB things.

34 minutes ago, sois said:

Start QB2 and see if Bengals can survive.

thats about enough out of you.

Interesting thought, do you guys think the team waits until they see what the rest of the division does? like if by chance, they all 3 lose sunday, we sit joe monday? as we wouldnt lose any ground?

they play the titans, LV and colts, so i think its slim chance they all lose, but still an interesting thought. 

i think 70% burrow can beat the rams, and cards, and maybe even titans. i dont think there is a timeframe that makes him 100% sitting him. like sit him this week and next, not sure that does much, even sitting him through the bye week may have him at 95% and still can injure next game on a roll out.

no idea what to think overall.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, IKOTA said:

How much confidence do you have that Taylor&Callahan will actually do that? 

Man.. Not a whole lot honestly but it's a new situation, different roster to lean on & they're not in full tank mode like the last time they had to go with a QB2.

I'd like to think between the 2 of them they can put something competitive (hate that word but. ) together for MNF. 

Gotta say though, I'm not entirely certain just WTF Callahan even does here.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Man.. Not a whole lot honestly but it's a new situation, different roster to lean on & they're not in full tank mode like the last time they had to go with a QB2.

I'd like to think between the 2 of them they can put something competitive (hate that word but. ) together for MNF. 

Gotta say though, I'm not entirely certain just WTF Callahan even does here.

He claps after the Bengals score a TD and looks excited while doing so.  

• Upvote 1

Callahan does 90% of the weekly gameplan, and install with the position coaches, everything that allows zac to be on the same page and call plays, callahan gives a few options and reasons and zac makes a call on gamedays, which is why we are s slight bit slow getting plays in sometimes, we have that extra step that very few teams have.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Callahan does 90% of the weekly gameplan, and install with the position coaches, everything that allows zac to be on the same page and call plays, callahan gives a few options and reasons and zac makes a call on gamedays, which is why we are s slight bit slow getting plays in sometimes, we have that extra step that very few teams have.

Bonus his way if he can talk daddio coming to the Nati.

• Upvote 1