Team ratings through 4 weeks via PFF. in order from best to worst.

DEFENSE:

1. Hendrickson - 85.1 - 12th/of 111 DEs
  2. Reader - 71.9 - 27th/129 DL
  3. Hubbard - 69.8 - 38th/111 DEs
  4. Awuzie - 63.4 - 59th/109 CB's
  5. Pratt - 61.9 - 49th/78 LBs
  6. Hill - 58.5 - 63rd/87 Ss
  7. Taylor Britt - 57.2 - 74th/109 CBs
  8. Hill - 55.8 - 75th/129 DL
  9. Wilson 55.1 - 60th/78 BLs
  10. Nick Scott - 41.1 - 85th/87 Ss
  11. Hilton - 39.2 - 86th/87 Ss(dunno why is safety category) worst graded season so far of his entire career.

OFFENSE

1. Chase - 75.0 - 25th/113 WRs
  2. Mixon - 64.1 - 31st/51 RB's
  3. Burrow - 61.7 - 25th/34 QBs
  4. Williams - 61.5 - 39th/71 Ts
  5. Karras - 60.7 - 23rd/36 Cs
  6. Higgins - 58.9 - 83rd/113 WRs
  7. Boyd - 57.7 - 87th/113 WRs
  8. Brown Jr - 57.1 - 50th/71 Ts
  9. Kappa - 55.5 - 45th/76 Gs
  10.  Smith Jr - 40.9 - 68th/71 TEs
  11. Volson - 38.4 - 70th/76 Gs

*** If you're wondering why there are more positions that starting spots, it seems its based on snap count, so if someone went down week two and both guys quality they count and rate both.

Hilton is having his worst graded season so far of his career.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, GoBengals said:

It's not just Hilton. I have no clue how these numbers are calculated,  but according to these, Logan Wilson is underperforming, too. Awuzie is coming back from injury and the struggles with the offense have been well documented already. It looks like most of the team is slipping and on the defense, there is no excuse since they've been in the same system with mostly the same personnel (except at safety) for what, 3 or 4 years now? 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GoBengals said:

DEFENSE:

1. Hendrickson - 85.1 - 12th/of 111 DEs
  2. Reader - 71.9 - 27th/129 DL
  3. Hubbard - 69.8 - 38th/111 DEs
  4. Awuzie - 63.4 - 59th/109 CB's
  5. Pratt - 61.9 - 49th/78 LBs
  6. Hill - 58.5 - 63rd/87 Ss
  7. Taylor Britt - 57.2 - 74th/109 CBs
  8. Hill - 55.8 - 75th/129 DL
  9. Wilson 55.1 - 60th/78 BLs
  10. Nick Scott - 41.1 - 85th/87 Ss
  11. Hilton - 39.2 - 86th/87 Ss(dunno why is safety category) worst graded season so far of his entire career.

OFFENSE

1. Chase - 75.0 - 25th/113 WRs
  2. Mixon - 64.1 - 31st/51 RB's
  3. Burrow - 61.7 - 25th/34 QBs
  4. Williams - 61.5 - 39th/71 Ts
  5. Karras - 60.7 - 23rd/36 Cs
  6. Higgins - 58.9 - 83rd/113 WRs
  7. Boyd - 57.7 - 87th/113 WRs
  8. Brown Jr - 57.1 - 50th/71 Ts
  9. Kappa - 55.5 - 45th/76 Gs
  10.  Smith Jr - 40.9 - 68th/71 TEs
  11. Volson - 38.4 - 70th/76 Gs

*** If you're wondering why there are more positions that starting spots, it seems its based on snap count, so if someone went down week two and both guys quality they count and rate both.

Mike Hilton getting some wear on the tires.  Would be nice to see him choose to retire at the end of the season.

Irv Smurf and Nick Scott were aging free agents whose best years are behind them.

And the Cincinnati Bengals will be behind them after this season.

Volson is Volson.  What else can you say?

• Upvote 1

these numbers on defense don't mean much to me.... defense has been the only thing that has even been ok.

Our QB can't move and the offense is a shell of what it should be... this is a lost season already most likely unless Joe magically gets healthy. 

Wish they would have listened to Chase in the pre-season when he said Joe can sit for the first few weeks, we will be fine..

I would be so much happier with 0-4 and a healthy Joe than 1-3 and the statue he is now...

This shit sucks. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fluhartz said:

these numbers on defense don't mean much to me.... defense has been the only thing that has even been ok.

Our QB can't move and the offense is a shell of what it should be... this is a lost season already most likely unless Joe magically gets healthy. 

Wish they would have listened to Chase in the pre-season when he said Joe can sit for the first few weeks, we will be fine..

I would be so much happier with 0-4 and a healthy Joe than 1-3 and the statue he is now...

This shit sucks. 

You make an interesting re-observation with this - I, at least, and I'd bet most of us didn't really think much of what Chase said at the time, figuring it was just some throwaway comment to pump up the team's overall confidence and to rhetorically convince the fan base that Joe missing the preseason was no big deal.  In hindsight, however... maybe he knew just how potentially bad it was for Joe to be playing on it, and it's even possible that people in Joe's personal circle were trying to convince him to rest.  🤔

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Shebengal said:

It's not just Hilton. I have no clue how these numbers are calculated,  but according to these, Logan Wilson is underperforming, too. Awuzie is coming back from injury and the struggles with the offense have been well documented already. It looks like most of the team is slipping and on the defense, there is no excuse since they've been in the same system with mostly the same personnel (except at safety) for what, 3 or 4 years now? 

yea, with it being just 4 games, getting torched in coverage all around be the ravens and titans, thats 2 of 4 games even wilson was getting beat, it hurts the overall score a lot. if they play even average for 4 week going forward these numbers would jump a bit for everyone.

13 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Mike Hilton getting some wear on the tires.  Would be nice to see him choose to retire at the end of the season.

Irv Smurf and Nick Scott were aging free agents whose best years are behind them.

And the Cincinnati Bengals will be behind them after this season.

Volson is Volson.  What else can you say?

lol irv smith is 25.

13 hours ago, fluhartz said:

This shit sucks. 

defense was good once, decent once, and really really bad twice.

offense was terrible, mediocre, ok-ish, and terrible.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, fluhartz said:

This shit sucks. 

What I find confusing or maybe plain stupid is how they tried to do both & neither at the same time. He sat through 1/2 of camp and most of the preseason but then they run him out there injured anyway. What was the point? They had plenty of time to see the backup QBs were awful & knew Joe wasn't right or he'd be out there practicing himself.  TC for the offense was basically a waste of time & known he's out there getting blasted every game, already reinjured the leg once, yet.. ?

Not sure what they're doing at all. Stay alive until the bye week and hope he recovers? If an extra week of rest is all it needs why didn't they just do that to begin with instead of digging this hole?

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

could we trade scott and volson for a 2027 7th round pick?

They seem to be doing that thing with the OL again where they act like everyone else is an idiot and the worst player of the bunch is actually awesome. Then we all watch the guy get pantsed every week until they eventually & quietly replace him. 

Not sure what that's about, I guess just an overall inability to draft actual talent at those spots. 

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

They seem to be doing that thing with the OL again where they act like everyone else is an idiot and the worst player of the bunch is actually awesome. Then we all watch the guy get pantsed every week until they eventually & quietly replace him. 

Not sure what that's about, I guess just an overall inability to draft actual talent at those spots. 

drafting anyone is a crap shoot, linemen is almost as bad as QB, 30% see a second contract with the team who drafted them, not a killer success rate. thats all first and second round OL picks for the last 10 years.

its a result of potential cost and shorter rookie deals maybe but 3rd rounders were like 36% if i recall, i may have to go back and run those numbers again. but teams, backup roles, etc can be factors there, guys are making 1 mil instead of 10.

so few colleges run NFL style offense, a mobile QB changes the role of the linemen dramatically, and most colleges run options or spread offenses. useless for lineman development.

• Upvote 1

The grades seem about right 2-3 everyone has d or f, mostly. The defense has new players in scheme hopefully they get it righted. I am not sure how end around reverse plays are some ground breaking plays. These guys play option players in college play Lamar all time. Bit confused . Seems they are lacking a Bonn bell hammer leader . Get in your spot verses guys let’s get our trophies. 
offense we seem to be trying to install thing that burrow missed. The key is burrow though, in Arizona feels great In some dry air. In cincy it’s cold wet dew on ground. Night temps are around 50. It’s getting colder,hopefully , no setbacks.