Sea-Tac SeaRat Week

They are really bad against the pass, something to the tune of 300+ yards per game given up.

After this week have to expect teams will key in on Jamar.

Big game for Irwin and Boyd to step up. Would also like to see Smith do something now that he is healthy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

They are really bad against the pass, something to the tune of 300+ yards per game given up.

Big game for Irwin and Boyd to step up. Would also like to see Smith do something now that he is healthy.

Are you ruling Tee out already?

I mean, I dunno.

Tee seems to have fallen out of favor on the board and

not sure why. Everyone has bad games. I still like the guy a lot.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

I mean, I dunno.

Zach said he's day to day, but honestly I keep him out and let him have a full 3 weeks of rest with the bye because we are going to need all hands on deck for the 49ners

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

yea not that teams dont key in on jamar, but they couldnt have planned for joes resurgence, so it cost them.

Just now, High School Harry said:

I mean, I dunno.

just for the ribs, back of my head at least, ribs broken is 3-4 weeks, and that bye week is real pretty to let him get 90% back before stepping out there again. one jamal adams hit to the ribs and he could be out 6-8 weeks.

Tee is a monster, these same mofos on here bitching about Tee also wanted to bench burrow till the bye and cash in the season. who would think that? lol

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Zach said he's day to day, but honestly I keep him out and let him have a full 3 weeks of rest with the bye because we are going to need all hands on deck for the 49ners

im going ahead and counting that road trip to the bay a fat L, if we win, we are going to the superbowll, cause thats the best offense in the league and a top 3 defense.

i will be in cali that weekend but in LA, i debated flying up to SF for the game, but i dont want that ass kicking in my in person memory.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

yea not that teams dont key in on jamar, but they couldnt have planned for joes resurgence, so it cost them.

Expect that teams will not take that for granted anymore.

4 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

im going ahead and counting that road trip to the bay a fat L, if we win, we are going to the superbowll, cause thats the best offense in the league and a top 3 defense.

i will be in cali that weekend but in LA, i debated flying up to SF for the game, but i dont want that ass kicking in my in person memory.

I had it as an L before the season, it probably still is but if Az made a game of it, we should be able to as well. I just hope we don't get embarrased.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Expect that teams will not take that for granted anymore.

I had it as an L before the season, it probably still is but if Az made a game of it, we should be able to as well. I just hope we don't get embarrased.

they didnt. they got whooped, when the announcer said they made it a game into the 4th i was like LOL wut.. shit was over mid way through the third. 49ers were just playing with thier food early on..

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Scoreboard Watch...

Go Tennatucky beat the Rats at 9:30 in the morning our time.

Go San Francisco beat the Turds

Go Bye Week beat the Squeels

Go Us

I think 1 of those is all but guaranteed

The Bye Beats the Stealers 

:ninja:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

can someone correct me if im wrong, but i felt he hasnt palyed up to his contract since signing it, showing him at 78.8 coverage, missed one of 3 tackles attempted, and 71 overall, so obviously still good. but not like king of the nfl good like he was before..

he has few snaps, 4 coverage snaps in one single game. why did he miss games prior to week 4?

i tend to not worry about palyers coming back first time from injury, but he is talented enough to still potentially be a menace. so im kinda torn feelings wise

Tore his Quad last season

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yes..

playing the niners will have a SB feel to it.

All hands on deck

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I mean, I dunno.

Tee is a  fan favorite for good reason.

Still see him as an AJ clone..

He's had a few drops just as AJ did

He's played a huge part in Bengals success since arriving here.

Love what Irwin has done but...

He's not Tee..

• Upvote 1

What: Seattle Seahawks (3-1) vs. Cincinnati Bengals (2-3)

When: Sunday, Oct. 15 – 1:00 p.m. Eastern time, 10:00 a.m. Pacific

Where: Paycor Stadium, Cincinnati, OH

Watch: The game will be broadcast on CBS in the blue areas:

5e2fa88762cde6692a199e1e7f4a6852

via 506sports

Broadcasters: Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

https://sports.yahoo.com/tv-map-game-day-week-141522167.html

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Battle is far superior than  Scott but experience is on Nick's side.

Lou is working Battle into the game just fine.

Nice depth at safety..

Yeah, Scott hasn’t done much to start. He was a big hitter in LA but he’s been more of a big misser so far. His tackling hasn’t been good at all. 

I think Scott runs better but Battle has more of the “it” factor… football IQ, etc.. Will be interesting to watch. Both guys play STs too so you’ve got some versatility in their ability to help the team. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

yea the trend is certainly that battle will keep gobbling up snaps from scott, but however they can best balance the two along the way is best, but scott has not been impressive, of course he is replacing one of the best in the NFL, so its a tough spot to step into. JB3 was incredible.

• Upvote 1

Today's Sunday weather forecast.

Sounds like a good day for football

"Behind the cold front, temperatures will drop to the 50s on both Saturday and Sunday.

Light showers also will be possible throughout both days.

Bengals fans, get your rain gear ready.

It won’t rain much Sunday but being wet with temperatures in the 50s means you will be uncomfortable chilly."

https://www.fox19.com/weather/

• Upvote 1

By Mike Florio

Published October 11, 2023 07:09 PM

The Seahawks rolled the dice with the fifth overall pick in the draft on a small but stout defensive back who plays with zero fear and a high instincts.

When last we saw Devon Witherspoon in game action, he was nothing short of dominant against the Giants, with six tackles, two sacks, and a 97-yard pick six that cemented the 24-3 win.

On Wednesday, Seattle coach Pete Carroll praised Witherspoon’s awareness and his flexibility, given that he thrived in his first stint playing inside, as the nickel cornerback.

“He had been working there for some time,” Carroll told reporters. “We started way back; we had a plan for this. He’s been kind of waiting for us to cut him loose, really. He was ready, he was backing up at the spot and it was just a matter of time before we would check it out. He hit it with a big splash and looked great. There is so much future for him there to continue to figure stuff out and use his awareness. It’s a noticeable accomplishment for a first-year guy, limited opportunities, limited in the springtime as well, to be able to be this comfortable with it. He’s a unique player.”

Carroll said Witherspoon will continue to play outside and inside.

“Not many guys can do that and do it effectively and be in command of it,” Carroll said. “I was noting today in the walkthrough some of the subtle things he’s aware of. It’s surprising that he has that much awareness. He has so much room to grow.”

The performance reminded me of Ronde Barber. Carroll saw signs of another Hall of Famer.

“Troy [Polamalu] was phenomenal playing at seeing stuff, analyzing, and he’s already halfway there,” Carroll said. “Devon has a real sense too.

Both of them have the confidence from wherever that comes from, from their history of always having a sense, and then the plays that they made since they were little kids that gives them the confidence to go ahead and take off and take their shots.”

In a visit last week with #PFTPM, linebacker Bobby Wagner offered similar praise.

“He’s been such a tremendous player for us,” Wagner said of Witherspoon. “He’s so smart, a very physical corner. Loves to hit, loves to come up and tackle on the run. Also can make plays in the passing game and I really just feel like he’s starting to understand like how good he can be in this league and how easy it is when you study and put the work in.”

That’s the key. Combining the God-given talent with the work. Witherspoon is doing it, and it’s already paying off. The next test comes on Sunday, at the Bengals.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/cincinnati-bengals

Seattle Seahawks at Cincinnati Bengals (-3)

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (CBS, Paramount+)

The Seahawks are coming off a bye, so they will be rested. But Cincinnati seemed to find its way at Arizona last week. Joe Burrow is back healthy, which showed up in his play. That will continue here. The Bengals will even their record heading into the bye with another big offensive showing. 

Pick: Bengals 31, Seahawks 23

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/priscos-week-6-nfl-picks-cowboys-patriots-bounce-back-from-embarrassing-defeats-49ers-eagles-get-tested/

Seattle (3-1) at Cincinnati (2-3)

1 p.m. ET (CBS, Paramount+)

After spending three straight hours staring at this week's NFL schedule, I think I've convinced myself that this is my favorite game taking place in Week 6. I'm also oddly fascinated by Colts-Jaguars and I'm even a little curious about 49ers-Browns, but if you locked me in the trunk of a car -- I'm not sure why you would, but let's say you did -- and I had a phone that could stream just one game, then I'd stream this game. 

For the Bengals, Joe Burrow is finally starting to look like Joe Burrow, which is good news for him, but bad news for the Seahawks. After throwing for 317 yards and three touchdowns against the Cardinals, Burrow now gets to face a Seahawks defense that is surrendering 280 passing yards per game, which is the third-worst number in the NFL. Burrow might throw for 500 yards. 

The fact that Burrow's calf is looking better is a huge advantage for the Bengals here, because it means he can avoid the pass-rush and he can also beat the blitz, which is something he couldn't really do during the first four weeks of the season.

Joe Burrow vs the Blitz in Weeks 1-4:
63.4 passing grade
73.5 passer rating
63.4% adjusted completion percentage

Joe Burrow vs the Blitz in Week 5 vs Arizona:
82.8 passing grade
120.5 passer rating
84.6% adjusted completion percentage

— Andrew Russell (@Andrew_Russell7) October 9, 2023

Although the Seahawks have struggled against the pass, they've actually done a solid job of rushing the passer. They're averaging four sacks per game this season, which is tied for the second-best number in the NFL. If this game had been played two weeks ago, the Seahawks probably would have sacked Burrow 19 times, but with Burrow showing improved mobility, he should be able to do a much-better job avoiding the pass-rush. 

Although the Bengals will likely be able to throw the ball, the Seahawks offense could also find some success, especially on the ground. Through five games, the Bengals are giving up 154 rushing yards per game, which is the SECOND-WORST number in the NFL. The Seahawks might rush for as many yards as Burrow throws for. 

The Seahawks will be coming into this game off a bye, which is usually an advantage for most teams, but not them. The Seahawks are 0-3 coming off their bye since 2020, so I'm going to say the bye week curse continues for Seattle. 

The pick: Bengals 30-27 over Seahawks

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-6-picks-bengals-beat-3-1-seahawks-49ers-steamroll-browns-chargers-win-wild-one-over-cowboys/

• Upvote 1

Seattle Seahawks at Cincinnati Bengals (-3)

A week ago, I didn’t know if Joe Burrow would look like Joe Burrow at any point this season. But in the Bengals’ Week 5 win over the Cardinals, he somehow looked like himself—navigating the pocket, scrambling, making second-reaction plays. Not only did the Bengals win, but the Ravens lost; Cincinnati is 2-3 and somehow just one game out of first place in the AFC North!

When we last saw the Seahawks in Week 4, rookie corner Devon Witherspoon was making plays all over the field in a Monday night win over the Giants. After a Week 1 loss to the Rams, the Seahawks have won three straight by a total of 37 points.

I like both of these teams and should probably take the points. But I’m still not sold on Seattle’s defense. I think Burrow and the Bengals will do enough to cover.

The pick: Bengals (-3)

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/10/12/23913900/nfl-week-6-picks-against-the-spread-new-york-giants-buffalo-bills-kansas-city-chiefs