WEEK 12: vs SQUEELERS (GameDey thread)

6 minutes ago, saphead said:

Burrow is basically Lebron James carrying the Cavs to the Finals 

Yep.  The defense can play well but they knew going into this game that Browning is trash.  At some point, human nature kicks in and they simply shut it down. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Browning talked about he has so much confidence ... (I guess from being the "man" in High School). 

Well that cockiness was misplaced

All you have to do is look at Browning, his physical stature, and his face with the ugly ass mustache, to know his confidence wasn’t genuine. More like talking himself up to try and build confidence because he knows a 5’5” QB isn’t ideal in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

This defense is designed to play with the lead, as they assumed the team should usually have the lead with a top 3 QB in the NFL. 

That's why the DL does so well in the 4th QT when they have the lead and can tee off on people. 

But when they are down, this defense gets exposed ... can't tackle, can't cover TEs and over reliant on turnovers. 

Lou's genius is scheming how to stop opponents who are dropping back to pass 40 times and throwing outside the numbers. But when they go old school and run it and dump off to the TE, he has no solution. 

• Upvote 1

Browning wasn’t good but he was serviceable. OL didn’t open any holes In the run game and the D was trash, especially in 2H. They didn’t get stops, point blank. 

Punting sucked too. 

and Zac as a play caller… no progress IMO. He sucks and I’m not sure Cal would be an improvement. Give Pitch a chance. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Yep.  The defense can play well but they knew going into this game that Browning is trash.  At some point, human nature kicks in and they simply shut it down. 

I think the shutdown was complete on the last stealer TD when the flag for an obvious hold was picked up.  Defense had to figure out that that was the end of the game…

• Upvote 3

What they needed to do, that even a HS coach can identify, is a deep ball on the first drive. Complete or incomplete doesn’t matter. What it does though is force the defense to cover that part of the field which they weren’t doing at all. No respect to the bengals offense without burrow. Because NFL coaches can see even more clearly that Zac Taylor is completely and utterly incompetent as an offensive mind. You see the proof via the defenses they choose to play vs bengals. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

That is a very 90’s take. How often I remember being told then that highly paid professionals “laid down” because thus and so unfortunate happening happened. 

That mindset—if indeed it even exists—is a ticket to the waiver wire or non-renewed contracts. 

6 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

They had 11 men in the box 😂 pretty much all game. Running it would have been even dumber than the plays Taylor did call. 

Jake hit several quick hitters early-on to Hudson and Uno. They backed off. Then ZT inexplicably started to insist on going to 15-20 yard routes, which didn’t go. 

Well, guys, not sure how often I’ll be around here for the rest of this season.  The officiating shit-show that is the NFL is just too hard to watch.  I have enough frustrating stuff in my life to add things over which I have no control.  

Thanks for making being a Bengals fan more enjoyable.  🦗

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

This off-season can't get here soon enough ... once the Bengals are mathematically eliminated, I won't be watching any NFL games and can start reading draft guides. 

Fuck the NFL without Joe Burrow in it... Might as well be watching horse jumping or badminton. 

Fuck the NFL with Burrow in it too. Can’t tolerate the blatant fixing of games anymore.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

That is a very 90’s take. How often I remember being told then that highly paid professionals “laid down” because thus and so unfortunate happening happened. 

That mindset—if indeed it even exists—is a ticket to the waiver wire or non-renewed contracts. 

Well, then the other option is they are terrible and the very bad Stealer offense just kicked them in the teeth at home.  I am good with either. 

• Upvote 2