WEEK 12: vs SQUEELERS (GameDey thread)

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

How does the lead RB have only 8 carries in a 6 pt loss with a backup QB. Just pathetic.

When the erstwhile HC/OC call for continuous 15-20 yard sideline patterns out of said backup QB, when quick hitters were working early on…thus loosening up the box-stuffing so lead RB can run. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

When the erstwhile HC/OC call for continuous 15-20 yard sideline patterns out of said backup QB, when quick hitters were working early on…thus loosening up the box-stuffing so lead RB can run. 

Has anyone told Zach that Burrow is out? Did Browning wear a mask?

"Hey Jake you know that guy we ask to be both Superman and the Incredible Hulk every week? Yeah great, go be him."

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Once again, the genius of ZT! He just doesn’t want to put the awesome plays on tape for the next opponent. 

45 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

That's debatable, Burrow fell into his lap and advocated for Chase. Without Burrow Taylor is an awful HC, his record without Burrow is abysmal.

Meh, there were quite a few good QBs in that draft to include Herbert, Tua and Hurts.  

You can NOT succeed in the NFL without a top tier QB. Bill Bellicheat is finding that out right now.  

New Orleans has all kinds of offensive firepower and a good defense.  Derek Carr is no better than Andy Dalton was last year. 

BTW, Staley is a much worse coach than Zac. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

And the refs.

yea.... its one thing to miss a hold on a TD, its another to call it then pick up the flag.. then when they do get some momentum. clock issues...  but the offense did enough to lose this game without that.   another thing with all the jake Browning fluff stories going this week , i thought man,  here's a good team player doing whatever he can to help others be good...... then i hear him in an interview pregame on webn, and it didnt come off to me that way.  and frankly i didnt like his demeanor after the int.. so  welcome back to reality Jake Browning. there is a reason your a back up.    but as they will say , "he put alot of good things on tape, we'll go back and look at it and see where we can improve...  yada yada yada, looks like a top 10 draft pick this year, lol so goodbye tee and hello wasted 1st round pick on a skill player that cant start for his 1st year.. and sorry we cant sign anyone decent as a FA because that will cost them a comp pick in 2025 ... 

If they are going to keep this offense pass-centric, I don’t see how you let go of Tee. At least, not next year. You can franchise 2x, I think, so if Yoshi and Charlie Jones advance as receivers next year, great… tag and trade Tee the next year. Boyd has been great, but if he moves on, so be it. Sadly, with Jake at QB for the rest of the year I don’t see much development for the young WRs. 

IMO even with Joe, this team has too many shortcomings. Weak OL play (interior has been below average -Volson has been poor and Cappa’s overall play has, at best, been average, with some really bad games (Ten, Hou). And Karras is serviceable… smart guy but limited athletically. For that matter, they all are that.

They have zero confidence in the run game, and given how they have performed, it’s no wonder. Joe Mixon has been OK but he struggles to break tackles and he doesn’t get as much yardage on runs that are well blocked. And for whatever reason (ball security has been an issue for him in college), Chase Brown hasn’t gotten an opportunity. He needs to, if for no other reason that they need to assess for next year.

Defensively, they really aren’t good at any level. While I hope and expect to see better from the secondary as young guys settle in (I like the depth of youth a lot), the LB corps has been disappointing all year. Tackling has been a real issue.

And up front, beyond Tre, no one has shown up. Ossai has been MIA, and Sample has had a few moments, but kinda meh overall. Murphy has flashed and I think he’ll be solid - but he’s a work in progress, as expected. BJ Hill has been their best DT. Reader hasn’t looked very good of late, and Zach Carter straight up sucks. This area needs an upgrade for sure. 

• Upvote 1