Jake Browning finds familiar feeling in leading Bengals' OT win

41 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

We keep browning next year. He making 750000 now. What kind of money do we think he could get? I want to keep him. Hopefully he keeps playing well and we worry about it after he wins Super Bowl or leads us to playoffs. 

What if a team offers a nice package for Jake if he continues to play well?

What could they get for him?

I'm all for more good draft picks.

Would the team pull the trigger on a trade or do they feel JBs accumlative injuries prevent them from risking a such trade?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Do we have rights to keep him? Just one game but hopefully even half of what he did in that game is better than anything else.

one game at time but just worrying bout Indy praying for snow. Jake played in Washington so he should be fine. 

Exclusive Rights Free Agent

Yes he can't sign anywhere else next year. 

After next year though he would be a UFA

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

If he plays like that the rest of the year I imagine he might gain some trade value, but I'm not sure the Bengals would bite on it.

Maybe more trade value than we imagine if he has a good season

His salary alone would entice many teams.

Then again maybe the Bengals think they have a cheap diamond in the rough with him..

• Upvote 1

Jake “The Snake” Burrowning.  Sheistys long lost cousin. 

Where the hell did that come from? Fought adversity and shined. But as The Wolf from Pulp Fiction said, “let’s not start sucking each others dicks just yet”. Hopefully he continues but Zac Taylor has to help again, annd please eliminate the dumb shit. Keep the trick plays limited to flea flickers and nothing else. The OLine is way too inconsistent to do otherwise. Was fun to watch them again; which couldn’t be said for last week. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

If he plays like that the rest of the year I imagine he might gain some trade value, but I'm not sure the Bengals would bite on it.

If he still looks like a starting QB when the season ends I'd expect there will be an offer too good to refuse.

They can find another backup & hopefully use the trade to help make sure the new guy stays a backup.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

If he still looks like a starting QB when the season ends I'd expect there will be an offer too good to refuse.

They can find another backup & hopefully use the trade to help make sure the new guy stays a backup.

That's a good plan which I believe they're already contemplating.

It may be much better than a lowly comp picks.

Another choices for the team in the upcoming draft.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I thinking more of a long term solution at  backup for JB.

If he plays like he did Monday night and gets us in the playoffs maybe even wins a playoff game he will get starting job offers, we would be smart to turn that into picks.

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2023 at 1:40 AM, claptonrocks said:

Yes..and good trade bait.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

If he plays like he did Monday night and gets us in the playoffs maybe even wins a playoff game he will get starting job offers, we would be smart to turn that into picks.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I thinking more of a long term solution at  backup for JB.

My personal dead horse :2dedhorse: that isn't going to happen, unfortunately, but I am still very much in favor of trading Browning for a sweet draft pick and using it to trade up for a long term solution to the offense line or tight end to keep Joe Burrow safe and happy in the pocket.

I would rather have a quality ORT or TE for a number of years to come than a clip board holder doing nothing for us on

the field.  And I still like McCarron in that role.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

My personal dead horse :2dedhorse: that isn't going to happen, unfortunately, but I am still very much in favor of trading Browning for a sweet draft pick and using it to trade up for a long term solution to the offense line or tight end to keep Joe Burrow safe and happy in the pocket.

I would rather have a quality ORT or TE for a number of years to come than a clip board holder doing nothing for us on

the field.  And I still like McCarron in that role.

We don't disagree, but to trade him he's going to have to play well for more than one game.

• Upvote 2

The crazy thing is teams would rather risk a top 10 pick on a college kid with zero NFL snaps but a world of media hype than trade it for someone who has proven they are capable of playing the position at a high level in the pros.  A bad franchise wants that hype more than they want the actual player.

Sometimes they're even happy with the hype and don't care so much if the player keeps getting hurt so long as the hype doesn't get broken too.

:ninja: I guess? :shrug: