Sunday Games Thread

On 12/17/2023 at 2:31 PM, Le Tigre said:

Rhetorical question. Something is always “up with this league”. 

All those weird coaching decisions, blown calls, boneheaded plays seemed to make a lot more sense when I was reading the point spreads and even more so the O/U for a given game. Pretty easy to blow up everyone's parlay with that meaningless last second FG in a 10 point loss. "Why are they kicking a FG?!!!1" well buddy I don't think you want the answer TBH.

So, y'know, I stopped reading them.  :shrug:  I just accept the NFL is a half-step above pro wrestling and enjoy it for what it is...

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I just accept the NFL is a half-step above pro wrestling and enjoy it for what it is...

I ceased taking the NFL seriously going on close to a decade now. You are correct: watch and try to enjoy the entertainment. Saves unneeded mental stress that way. 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I ceased taking the NFL seriously going on close to a decade now. You are correct: watch and try to enjoy the entertainment. Saves unneeded mental stress that way. 

Gambling is legal and the NFL promotes bookie websites, debating the corruption seems a bit silly at this point. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Gambling is legal and the NFL promotes bookie websites, debating the corruption seems a bit silly at this point. 

70%+ of the general public still thinks it’s absolutely legitimate and unfortunately refs just make mistakes at times. Thats the scary part. 

• Upvote 2

The Eagles were 4 point favorites Monday night. You'd probably get 3.5 or 4.5 points if you took the Hawks depending where you bet. Philly was up 4 points when the Hawks needed to mount a 92 yard drive to go ahead. Metcalf had a couple amazing catches, the second one being particularly incredible as Lock dropped it right into the bucket with TIGHT double coverage on DK.  The game winner to Njigba with 30 ticks left was one of the most spectacular pass/catches I have ever seen. The financial implications of that drive were huge, but unless the NFL is using holograms, I don't think those plays were fixed. No phantom calls either. Just trying to offer some perspective here. Yes, we get hosed sometimes. As a Bengal fan it can feel like a conspiracy (to me anyways) sometimes because we're about 30+ years overdue on a rightful Lombardi trophy. When I put that emotion aside though, I don't buy it. When the Chiefs get a bs call their way, that's ironclad proof the entire enterprise is corrupt. When a bs non call costs them a game (Scantling), or a heads up correct offsides costs them a game, we just sweep it under the rug? Don't get it wrong. I despise the Chiefs and when a bs call goes their way I'm enraged. Some of you will think it's naive, but yes, I believe refs just f up sometimes. I sincerely hope this franchise gets a ring in my lifetime, and this particular narrative will be a lot less prevalent to Bengal fans.

On 12/20/2023 at 1:31 PM, A Rock said:

The Eagles were 4 point favorites Monday night. You'd probably get 3.5 or 4.5 points if you took the Hawks depending where you bet. Philly was up 4 points when the Hawks needed to mount a 92 yard drive to go ahead. Metcalf had a couple amazing catches, the second one being particularly incredible as Lock dropped it right into the bucket with TIGHT double coverage on DK.  The game winner to Njigba with 30 ticks left was one of the most spectacular pass/catches I have ever seen. The financial implications of that drive were huge, but unless the NFL is using holograms, I don't think those plays were fixed. No phantom calls either. Just trying to offer some perspective here. Yes, we get hosed sometimes. As a Bengal fan it can feel like a conspiracy (to me anyways) sometimes because we're about 30+ years overdue on a rightful Lombardi trophy. When I put that emotion aside though, I don't buy it. When the Chiefs get a bs call their way, that's ironclad proof the entire enterprise is corrupt. When a bs non call costs them a game (Scantling), or a heads up correct offsides costs them a game, we just sweep it under the rug? Don't get it wrong. I despise the Chiefs and when a bs call goes their way I'm enraged. Some of you will think it's naive, but yes, I believe refs just f up sometimes. I sincerely hope this franchise gets a ring in my lifetime, and this particular narrative will be a lot less prevalent to Bengal fans.

I rest my case your honor