Keeping our enemies close: 2024

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals should have been in on him. He express interest in joining the team and that price is pretty reasonable. Would have meant we didn't have to use an early pick on a tackle. He's much better than Becton or Fant or whomever we end up with. 

His interest was a tweet of beating the Chiefs.  Nothing specific about the Bengals.

• Upvote 1

The danger of going with no “bridge” tackle cannot be understated. Not that any of the FA guys gone this moment are OBJ-level, but there likely is going to be a roll of the bones on solely a rookie to man the position. 

Oh sure, there may be a token high-side Rieff/low-side Ford type player taken somewhere, but basically the rookie is going to be on his own. 

And before I hear about Becton—I have a good mate who is a JETS fan. He waved him off good riddance—can’t “get out of his own fat backside way…moves like a statue”. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Le Tigre said:

HOU getting some stuff DONE in FA so far 

When you have a "Dude" at QB, it motivates ownership to open up the check book as they know a Lombardi is possible. 

Houston will be a challenger for sure, for years to come. 

• Upvote 2

I'm glad we didn't sign Townsend or Noah Fant at those prices. 

Restructuring everyone is how the Saints got into cap hell. They have lots of players they can't cut because the dead money is greater than their current year cap hit. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

They will get light years more out of Broke-Down Derrick, than the Bengals will get out of mid-tier/backup Zack. Bank on it 

I object your honor. Apples to oranges. Bengals are a pass heavy team whereas the ravens are exactly the opposite. What the bengals will ask of Moss is quite different than what Baltimore will have planned for Henry. 

• Upvote 6