18 hours ago, texbengal said:

Thought this was a really good listen. 

Nate Tice is a sharp guy and he makes some interesting points about priorities and good guys for the Bengals. 

Got to listen to this today. 78% of Wilson’s catches went for first downs. Would be a nice replacement for Tyler but Paul keeps harping on the inside/outside versatility and I’m not sure Roman is big enough to not get pressed into the benches. I imagine he would need to be lined up at Z if he played outside which would negate Jamarr and a free release like they want to do when he’s in the slot.

Jermaine Burton shout out in this one for later round guy.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cricket said:

FWIW, which isn’t much, Mel Kiper is predicting 7 WRs will be selected in Round 1, and 8 WRs will be selected in Round 2.  

Seems like a lot of WRs…almost one out of every four picks. 😳

That seems like an crazy high number. The Beast is the most detailed draft guide out there, and they only have the Big Four as certain 1st round picks. Beyond that:

1st-2nd: Ladd MConkey/Adonai Mitchell

2nd: Keon Coleman/Roman Wilson

2nd-3rd: Ricky Pearsall/Xavier Worthy/Malachi Corley/Troy Franklin

3rd: Ja'Lynn Polk/Xavier Legette/Malik Washington

3rd-4th: Devontez Walker/Jermaine Burton/Brendan Rice/Jalen McMillan

I'm expecting the Bengals to take a WR on Day Two with one of their three picks. So I expect one of the above WRs to likely be a Bengal soon.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JC said:

Another guy to watch R2 now it seems. Michigan guys should be flying off the board on Friday.

For sure. Love the guy - great athlete but he's really aware, too. Just makes plays, and in the clutch. Definitely a guy you win with. Former WR so he's got a really good feel for routes. 

• Upvote 1

Bengals supposedly looking for a guy to replace Stanley Morgan’s blocking but give them more upside as a receiver. Probably a guy high on their list.

Lance Z. Also mentioned possibility of Mims slipping into R2. Sure would be nice to drop down and get an extra day two pick.

1 hour ago, JC said:

Bengals supposedly looking for a guy to replace Stanley Morgan’s blocking but give them more upside as a receiver. Probably a guy high on their list.

Lance Z. Also mentioned possibility of Mims slipping into R2. Sure would be nice to drop down and get an extra day two pick.

A number of folks bag on Polk's timed speed but guys like Deebo (4.48) and Aiyuk (4.50) were both in that range, too.

UW had a nice crew of receivers - Odunze was the star but both Polk and McMillan will get drafted and Polk has a well-rounded game. And while I really like Roman Wilson and he's faster for sure, Polk has the edge in size and physicality... and he's not slow. Lots of good guys out there. On the pod with Nate Tice, PDJ asked about Corley from WKU... another interesting player who's great with the ball in his hands. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah - something I thought that was interesting was they mentioned Corley’s average air yard per reception was something like 3.6 yards and the Bengals were the only AFCN team not at his pro day. Imagine they are looking for more inside out versatility than what Corley brings.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Just because, even though I do these typically on Monday.

If it went this way I'd be ecstatic. Fix RT and both DT spots.....

cin.png
Cincinnati Bengals
Round 1, Pick 18
4427170.png
Troy Fautanu
Washington
Rk: 9
OT
Chance available at Pick
67%
Chance available at Next Pick
<5%
Round 2, Pick 49
4428617.png
T'Vondre Sweat
Texas
Rk: 34
DT
Chance available at Pick
82%
16%
Round 3, Pick 80
4586333.png
Mekhi Wingo
LSU
Rk: 66
DT
Chance available at Pick
82%
69%
Round 3, Pick 97
4426496.png
Cade Stover
Ohio State
Rk: 76
TE
Chance available at Pick
54%
30%
Round 4, Pick 115
4429023.png
MarShawn Lloyd
USC
Rk: 74
RB
Chance available at Pick
58%
24%
Round 5, Pick 149
4427068.png
M.J. Devonshire
Pittsburgh
Rk: 79
CB
Chance available at Pick
81%
51%
Round 6, Pick 194
4692037.png
Javion Cohen
Miami (Fla.)
Rk: 115
C/G
Chance available at Pick
42%
32%
Round 6, Pick 214
4568986.png
Matt Lee
Miami (Fla.)
Rk: 163
C/G
Chance available at Pick
78%
73%
Round 7, Pick 224
4426479.png
Cornelius Johnson
Michigan
Rk: 194
WR
Chance available at Pick
61%
54%
Round 7, Pick 237
4430968.png
Kimani Vidal
Troy
Rk: 159
RB
Chance available at Pick
61%
--%
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Fautanu is one of my favorite players in the entire draft. Would be ecstatic to get him at 18. 

My concern is that the whole "can play all 5 spots" is code for Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

• Upvote 2

I don’t know, I think those quick feet and that nasty demeanor he plays with will translate well at the next level. I’d have no problem whatsoever sticking him at RT, especially since he doesn’t have to be thrown to the fire right off the bat with Brown here. If he can beat out Volson at LG in the meantime…perfect. 

Bengals feel they can get a top 10 talent without moving up in the Draft

“It’s a deep draft, except maybe for a couple of positions. But I think it’s probably one of the better drafts that I’ve been around where if you’re in the top 25, you’re getting a player you would normally get in the top 10.” 

Translation: We are going to get great value (something we adore) at pick 18, so why would we give up picks (something we despise) to move up a few spots? Remember, we are a contender looking to stay in contention for years to come. So we’ll just go best player available (of course within the range of positions we actually need). This is the ideal situation for me to be in. I love it here.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/4/10/24126122/bengals-feel-they-can-get-a-top-10-talent-without-moving-up-in-the-draft

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Bengals feel they can get a top 10 talent without moving up in the Draft

“It’s a deep draft, except maybe for a couple of positions. But I think it’s probably one of the better drafts that I’ve been around where if you’re in the top 25, you’re getting a player you would normally get in the top 10.” 

Translation: We are going to get great value (something we adore) at pick 18, so why would we give up picks (something we despise) to move up a few spots? Remember, we are a contender looking to stay in contention for years to come. So we’ll just go best player available (of course within the range of positions we actually need). This is the ideal situation for me to be in. I love it here.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2024/4/10/24126122/bengals-feel-they-can-get-a-top-10-talent-without-moving-up-in-the-draft

Can see that logic for not trading up. But trading down some spots if they have a bunch of guys in a cluster that will likely still be available for them when they pick? Could see that as a possibility. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

My concern is that the whole "can play all 5 spots" is code for Jack of All Trades, Master of None.

Personally I'm becoming increasingly convinced that this kind of player, especially if they're highly ranked, is the kind of player we should be looking for.   The reality I can sometimes forget when evaluating these players is that the Bengals want to win now, and their top picks should be players that contribute to that immediately.   Some OT's we all like are inarguably projects despite their talent and physical traits and thus they're less likely to contribute.  If at the same time they're locked to one position (in this case, RT), and say Trent Brown is somehow healthy all year, this player then likely doesn't contribute at all.  Getting a guy like Fautanu who can fill in anywhere means he's potentially first off the bench everywhere, and that's making me like him more and more as we get closer to draft day.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Plenty of rumors that the Stealers have already settled on Mims with pick 20, with the expectation that he will still be on the board. Mims would become the RT and Broderick Jones would slide over to LT. Georgia Bulldogs bookends.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Give me Mims pls.

Fautanu is worthy.

Graham Barton is getting more praise as time goes on...

What u think about Barton here?

I kind of prefer Latham to Mims myself. I expect Seattle to take Troy Fautanu with the 16th pick if he's still on the board. Seattle's new offensive coordinator was the OC for Washington last year. They have a big offensive line need too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dex said:

I kind of prefer Latham to Mims myself. I expect Seattle to take Troy Fautano with the 16th pick if he's still on the board. Seattle's new offensive coordinator was the OC for Washington last year. They have a big offensive line need too.

If Latham is gone (my first choice), I'd be happy with Fautanu or Barton or Fuaga... Barton has been a multl-year starter at Duke, some at center and most at LT. Smart kid, versatile. Good athlete - moves well, so he'd upgrade the OL that way. From what I've read and heard, he's very well-regarded by NFL scouts/personnel weenies for his tenacity and his technique. Supposedly arms are shorter than ideal. But personally, I wouldn't mind that pick one bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texbengal said:

Supposedly arms are shorter than ideal.

That's my concern for Barton if he's playing anything other than center, where short arms might even be preferable. 

But on the outside at OT, short arms are a huge liability (see Jonah). In a year where there are 36" arms (Mims and Paul) and 35" arms (Latham) going for 32-33" just seems like a self-inflicted wound waiting to happen. 

• Like 1