NFL Scouting Combine (2024)

Was coming here to post that. Pretty interesting. Probably shows Murphy is a little raw coming out but oozing with potential. Fiske should start D1 but probably maxed out with where he’s at being 24.5.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Why do Olinemen and DTs run the 40?

That's a good question Clapton, not entirely sure. I feel like I've read somewhere that their initial get-up and first several steps are evaluated moreso than their top speed/overall time. I would imagine that for plays requiring down field blocking it might be helpful to see how quickly they can get to their spots? Just spitballing here, curious if anyone else knows more.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Griever said:

That's a good question Clapton, not entirely sure. I feel like I've read somewhere that their initial get-up and first several steps are evaluated moreso than their top speed/overall time. I would imagine that for plays requiring down field blocking it might be helpful to see how quickly they can get to their spots? Just spitballing here, curious if anyone else knows more.

Yep - 10 yard splits are good to know, but top speed/overall athleticism such as relative athleticism score (RAS) to determine if tape matches.

Think over 90% of AP’s this year had a RAS over 8.00. 

• Upvote 2