NFL Scouting Combine (2024)

• BlackJesus changed the title to NFL Scouting Combine (2024)
7 minutes ago, Griever said:

Putting this here (was in Random 2024 thread)

Interesting. Could mean guys like Quinyon Mitchell, Cooper DeJean and Terrion Arnold, in addition to T and DT. Why not? Turner isn’t a sure thing… he had some positive moments last year, but he struggled quite a bit, too. CTB looks like the real deal but he gets hurt some. Chido wasn’t good and beyond that, Hilton is no kid… and there’s not a lot of depth. 

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see an Apple caliber vet brought in. Someone who's not particularly expensive (under 5 mil) but who can start when needed without becoming a target. Tre Flowers could also be an option for TE coverage. 

Is DJ Ivey expected to be ready for camp?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd like to see an Apple caliber vet brought in. Someone who's not particularly expensive (under 5 mil) but who can start when needed without becoming a target. Tre Flowers could also be an option for TE coverage. 

Is DJ Ivey expected to be ready for camp?

I think Ivy had the same injury as Reader didn't he? Not sure of how severe though. I'd not bet on him.

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

I think Ivy had the same injury as Reader didn't he? Not sure of how severe though. I'd not bet on him.

Reader had a quad tear. I believe Ivey had a torn ACL. 

I'd forgotten about him... liked his game, he can run and is long. But coming off a tear after it occurring late in the season, gotta believe he won't be cleared until September at the earliest. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, texbengal said:

Reader had a quad tear. I believe Ivey had a torn ACL. 

I'd forgotten about him... liked his game, he can run and is long. But coming off a tear after it occurring late in the season, gotta believe he won't be cleared until September at the earliest. 

EDIT: Might be wrong on Reader.... might have been a dx'd kneecap? I seem to remember Lap mentioning that on one of his podcasts. I forget. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, texbengal said:

EDIT: Might be wrong on Reader.... might have been a dx'd kneecap? I seem to remember Lap mentioning that on one of his podcasts. I forget. 

According to public info, Reader tore his quad tendon, which is a devastating injury to someone that plays interior DLine and needs that push from his lower body.  I can’t imagine he’ll return close to form. Personally I would close the books on Mr Reader 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IKOTA said:

According to public info, Reader tore his quad tendon, which is a devastating injury to someone that plays interior DLine and needs that push from his lower body.  I can’t imagine he’ll return close to form. Personally I would close the books on Mr Reader 

Totally understand… but wasn’t that the same injury as before, just the other side? I may be wrong on that. 

19 minutes ago, texbengal said:

Totally understand… but wasn’t that the same injury as before, just the other side? I may be wrong on that. 

It seems so, he also tore his quad tendon in 2020. 2020 was 4 years ago and he’s 30+ now which does change some things but not drastically. At 26 he could rehab and come back but how will he fare at age 30? 4 years in football years is significant, especially for a 300+ lbs dude. 

edit: Reader will be 30 in July 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

It seems so, he also tore his quad tendon in 2020. 2020 was 4 years ago and he’s 30+ now which does change some things but not drastically. At 26 he could rehab and come back but how will he fare at age 30? 4 years in football years is significant, especially for a 300+ lbs dude. 

Move on from Reader unless he wants to sign a prove it deal.

He's too risky to be counted on.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, IKOTA said:

Swore I read somewhere that it was a "similar" injury but not considered as severe as his previous one.  Too lazy to go search for it though...