Tee Higgins requests a trade !

Just now, BlackJesus said:

... Bengals are the most cap healthy team in the league every year. Hard to argue with how they manage their finances. 💯

I dont think guaranteeing money one more year would change that

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I dont think guaranteeing money one more year would change that

^ I don't trust that Rub&Tug's agent doesn't want all 4 years of Tee's contract guaranteed.

This is a guy who got a rapist with 23 pending charges a 5 year guaranteed contract and now he's high on the smell of his own farts. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

^ I don't trust that Rub&Tug's agent doesn't want all 4 years of Tee's contract guaranteed.

This is a guy who got a rapist with 23 pending charges a 5 year guaranteed contract and now he's high on the smell of his own farts. 

I'm sure he wants to get his players as much as he can, but that kind of deal wont ever happen here.

I would assume on a 4 year $90-$100M deal he would want at least 50-60% gtd. I think there was a chart floating out there that showed how Mulghetta usually gets in that area.

Im sure the Bengals would give a healthy signing bonus and guarantee year 1 up to the $21.7M they are doing now. Probably in the $30-35M ranges likely why the two sides won’t be able to make it work. Was hoping the leverage they had would help especially coming off an injury ridden year but sounds like they are content to bet on themselves.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm sure he wants to get his players as much as he can

At the expense of delving into too much psychoanalysis, I would love to know how Mulugheta selects his potential clients. If he pursues them and how he sells his services to them.

But I would wonder if he targets young men raised by single mothers (like Tee & Bates) and then sells himself as the "father figure they never had."

Which adds a whole other level of problematic manipulation when he risks their chance at life-changing wealth, for a few extra million on his resume to get future clients. 

• Like 1

To me, this isn't even newsworthy. An NFL player is disappointed in being tagged and would rather have a long term deal?!? Shocking. I was one of the few people who were content with Tee Higgins as our #1 WR but, now that Chase is here it's time for Tee to go. I said the day after they drafted Ja'Marr that Higgins was going to be gone. We all knew it. My hope when they tagged him was that they'd find a solid trade offer, move him, draft his replacement and move on. He may be worth $20 million+ per year to some team but, not this one. This isn't a "Fuck You Tee" post. I like the guy. He's a solid WR but he's also a solid #2 here and that's not going to get him the money he wants/needs.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JC said:

especially coming off an injury ridden year

That's likely why the Bengals don't want multi year guarantees. And also why his agent wants the big contract now, as he may prove to be fragile/injury prone next year during his tagged season. 

14 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

At one point they were trying to change that. I don't know if they did

If you’re talking about the Bengals - they’ve been pulling in a lot of extra cash doing concerts and things of that nature. Probably made a hefty sum having both of the Swift concerts at probably 70% of capacity.

In terms of NFL - there were some questions regarding whether the Browns had done it for Watson. Seems like a dumb rule but I’m sure the owners love it because they don’t want to fully guarantee deals like the NBA/MLB and they can invest that money rather than it sitting there doing nothing. It’s where the rich owners can swing their dicks around a little more than “poor” small market guys. Big leg up.

I think you can eliminate the Chiefs, they just paid Jones and reupped Mahomes last year to be the highest paid in the league. I'm not sure they have money. Ravens dont have money either and we would never trade in division anyway. To me the Packers make the most sense. Get him with Love and out of the conference.

not the Mulghetta chart I was looking for - but a pretty god visual at the issue at hand. The Brown signing was a step in the right direction but still below what 3rd tier guys are getting gtd. Wise.

To me there's a huge difference in a late first Rd pick and an early one. 

An early pick could be Joe Alt, Nabers, Odunze, or Bowers, franchise changing players that make us better than with Tee. But a late first Rd pick likely doesn't. 

It is also interesting that the Bengals mentioned LSU WR Malik Nabers at the combine specifically. A WR expected to go in the top ten. 

Could they have been laying the groundwork for replacing Tee with him somehow? 🤔

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Pittman just got 3 years 71 million. That's a fair contract. Send it to tee and lets be done

23.6 per year. I agree, that's likely Tee's value.

But his gobshite agent wouldn't take it. He's likely asking for 5 years, 150 million (30 per), with 100 guaranteed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

23.6 per year. I agree, that's likely Tee's value.

But his gobshite agent wouldn't take it. He's likely asking for 5 years, 150 million (30 per), with 100 guaranteed. 

The three year deal is actually great for us